Eleaf IStick 50W coming Jan 25th

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonig35

Jan 16, 2015
Arkansas
I got mine yesterday and finally am able to use my subtank mini and before I got it I ordered 6mg juices I was using 18 but knew that was going to be to high of a nic level for the subtank and I am loving the setup and just wonder does it keep track of how many puffs you take? if so how do you see that? I know it had a timer of how long your puffs are but just wonder if it keeps how many puffs you take, as that would be awesome to help step down on puffs or at least know how many are taken each day

I'm still waiting for the CVape order to come in since it was sent registered apparently that doesn't see tracking updates to tell whether it is in customs or even got into the states. I ran into that with one FT order I waited a full month for since it had the Vamo Fire 20w and four eGo VW bateries. The VapeNW order just placed should be in tuesday if not monday since early in the week vape Mail always seems to come in a bit faster! :) Meanwhile......

HARDWARE UPDATE: After several showed initial concerns about the Aspire Atlantis tanks not having cotton wicks Aspire just went a stride further now offering Atlants replacement coils with cotton. Kidney Puncher now has the 5 packs for those available.

Aspire Atlantis - 5 Pack Coil Heads

Phoenix07013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2012
clarkston, mi, USA
Thanks all. I've had a bit of improvement (in terms of vapour) with my current juice but I'll have to look into other juices (lower mg).

Received my MELO yesterday and my first experience of sub-ohming was a massive dissapointment. I found I could only take short draws as it felt so harsh and I was exhaling very little vapour. I thought it was maybe down to a dud coil or the juice (intellicig ecopure menthol - 100% VG - 2.4%) so I changed the coil and used some old WTA juice I had but had the exact same experience. Am I doing something wrong? I find it hard to believe this is what everyone's been raving about. Fiddling with the air flow made no difference.

PS Second charge on 50W lasted around 34 hours.

I'm wondering if your juice is 24mg

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
Received my MELO yesterday and my first experience of sub-ohming was a massive dissapointment. I found I could only take short draws as it felt so harsh and I was exhaling very little vapour. I thought it was maybe down to a dud coil or the juice (intellicig ecopure menthol - 100% VG - 2.4%) so I changed the coil and used some old WTA juice I had but had the exact same experience. Am I doing something wrong? I find it hard to believe this is what everyone's been raving about. Fiddling with the air flow made no difference.

I agree with the above there's a good chance you've got too much nicotine. I had to cut my nicotine in half to 6mg when I got my Atlantis.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

That is only seen when first going to fire the tank after it has been sitting idle for some time. The particular ejuice in the tank will also run into this as I have one of six Atlantis tank making a loud pop when first going to use the mod it is on. And that one has the Worofo replacement tank on it for 5+ml as well. You hear that mostly at 20w or above.

As for a nicotine levels I have a few 18mg flavors as well as some samples vendors tossed in on orders with about that and haven't run into any big issues just because nicotine was present but how a percentage of nicotine will effect the overall flavor.

Adik Ted

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Scotland
That is only seen when first going to fire the tank after it has been sitting idle for some time. The particular ejuice in the tank will also run into this as I have one of six Atlantis tank making a loud pop when first going to use the mod it is on. And that one has the Worofo replacement tank on it for 5+ml as well. You hear that mostly at 20w or above.

As for a nicotine levels I have a few 18mg flavors as well as some samples vendors tossed in on orders with about that and haven't run into any big issues just because nicotine was present but how a percentage of nicotine will effect the overall flavor.

Thanks Night Hawk.

Thanks Night Hawk.

You're welcome! :toast: I notice that you get more of the popping sound in the first few seconds when having the Wotofo, Kraigen and not as much for the Aspire 5ml replacement tanks then from the stock tank. I believe that from having the larger capacity which results in seeing the coils saturate easier which accounts for the sputter you often hear when the coils in other tanks get saturated and sputter with the gurgling sounds people report.

One thing I try here is letting the coils heat up and pop before going for the draw to allow whatever excess ejuice is in there to turn into vapor and then get the smoother vape. It seems with some mods it take a good second or two longer. When first moving up from cig look alike 180mah batteries into eGo types I was advised to hold the button a little longer before taking a puff back when still running with top coiled clearomizers where you would tend to get raw ejuice coming up into the drip tip at times if the atomizers in those got saturated.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
So, I'm new to the mods but going to buy an istick and wanted to get a pretty cool tank with it. Any recommendations? TIA.

Kinda' depends.

If you're an "analog-convert vapist"...you'll love the Nautilus (5 ml. or Mini with 2 ml.) with BVC coils. My iSticks at 10-11 Watts with the Nauty's give me the same TH and amount of "smoke" that I had been accustomed to when I LOVED smoking.

If you're a "hobby vapist"...you'd probably want a sub-ohm tank...

We;ll between the two 50w iSticks whenever they get in one supposedly due in today but no show I'll have some more new tanks for those two namely a pair of Atlantis, a new Nautilus Mini with the hollowed out not T slots for view type stainless steel replacement tank that looks the same as the SS for the Atlantis. The stainless for the 5ml Nautilus however is all SS and not even a single view slot to see where the level is.

I heard one person say that once he tried the Atlantis out he would no longer be using the Nautilus while I a Nautilus on the Smok Guardian E-Pipe II mod(5-15w) as well as one of the Atlantis tanks on the Smok Guardian L mech epipe with both doing a great on those as well as the Nautilus Mini tanks for the 20w iSticks. Forget either Nautilus if you intend on going above 20w however. With rare exceptions for certain ejuice flavors that vape well the Atlantis or other sub ohm tank with hefty coils is much better suited for turning things up.

We;ll between the two 50w iSticks whenever they get in one supposedly due in today but no show I'll have some more new tanks for those two namely a pair of Atlantis, a new Nautilus Mini with the hollowed out not T slots for view type stainless steel replacement tank that looks the same as the SS for the Atlantis. The stainless for the 5ml Nautilus however is all SS and not even a single view slot to see where the level is.

I heard one person say that once he tried the Atlantis out he would no longer be using the Nautilus while I a Nautilus on the Smok Guardian E-Pipe II mod(5-15w) as well as one of the Atlantis tanks on the Smok Guardian L mech epipe with both doing a great on those as well as the Nautilus Mini tanks for the 20w iSticks. Forget either Nautilus if you intend on going above 20w however. With rare exceptions for certain ejuice flavors that vape well the Atlantis or other sub ohm tank with hefty coils is much better suited for turning things up.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA

24mg on a sub-ohm coil at most power levels above 10W is going to hit your throat like a brick and taste kinda nasty. You may want to consider picking up some 6mg (.6%) e-liquid and see if that doesn't improve the experience.

Yorkshire_pudding

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2015
Scarborough UK
Has anyone else noticed an occasional pause in the firing. Firing nicely then a pause and and then goes back to firing again. The counter resets too.
At first i thought it may have been my finger slipping but i have kept my finger the same through the pause to check it. It only happens once or maybe at most twice a day of heavy vaping.
Its not a huge problem and everything else is great, lots of battery life/power and nice and small in the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread