Eleaf IStick 50W coming Jan 25th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
I just received my istick 50w a few days ago and i've been using it since with my subtank mini, awesome duet. One thing i've been experiencing with mine is that the fire button is sometimes hit or miss while pushing it down from various angles. Anyone else having this issue?

I also have this problem as do others.

It happens to a lot of the devices. What is happening is the fire button is bending on the circuit board a little bit. If you take it apart and look at the actual button (where it's soldered to the board) you'll see its mounted at a 90 degree angle. What happens is that button bends back a little bit. If you take your fingernail and move it forward slightly (fractions of a millimeter) it will take up some of that slop and play from the fire button. It takes very little force so don't go at it like a bull in a china shop.

Better be set up with watch repair tools! Those factory screws strip out easy and hard to get back in! Unless you have a custom made mod most of these mods are not meant to be opened by the typical customer but the factory repair dept. And then the manufacturers under their warranty generally never fix but simply replace on small devices.

Trying to bend contacts back in can be tricky even when you can get into something with ease. Not only can you break the contacts but run into cold solder points at times. While getting one thing fixed something else could be damaged or a point let go. If any of you try this PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

I run the Atlantis on a pair of the 50Ws here with great results. Later in today's Vape Mail I have a pair of Eleaf Melo sub ohm to make a comparison with.

As for a full kit you will find the best deals at $60 being $10 more then the battery, 510-eGo adapter, user manual, and micro usb charging cord but also including the ac wall plug. Discount Vapers when in stock is only $54.99 for a full kit last being in Red only however. The 50Ws fly off of the shelves before the vendors even get them restocked it would seem! Origin Vape is another at the exact same price who is out of stock being the usual

VaporDNA has them once upon a time for the lowest price at $49.99 for the full kit but out of stock at the moment. iSmoka Eleaf iStick 50 Watt Full Kit

Presently Sweet-vapes has them in stock in all four colors for only a $1 more. Eleaf iStick 50 Watt Full Kit

With the iStick since the 20W was first out you practically have to run a good web search to find someone who has them in stock and especially in the color you prefer since they fly away quickly! You have to be faster then a speeding bullet when a vendor is restocked.

I run the Atlantis on a pair of the 50Ws here with great results. Later in today's Vape Mail I have a pair of Eleaf Melo sub ohm to make a comparison with.

As for a full kit you will find the best deals at $60 being $10 more then the battery, 510-eGo adapter, user manual, and micro usb charging cord but also including the ac wall plug. Discount Vapers when in stock is only $54.99 for a full kit last being in Red only however. The 50Ws fly off of the shelves before the vendors even get them restocked it would seem! Origin Vape is another at the exact same price who is out of stock being the usual

VaporDNA has them once upon a time for the lowest price at $49.99 for the full kit but out of stock at the moment. iSmoka Eleaf iStick 50 Watt Full Kit

Presently Sweet-vapes has them in stock in all four colors for only a $1 more. Eleaf iStick 50 Watt Full Kit

With the iStick since the 20W was first out you practically have to run a good web search to find someone who has them in stock and especially in the color you prefer since they fly away quickly! You have to be faster then a speeding bullet when a vendor is restocked.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I just got this. I thought it was very good for the price. now I too have it misfiring constantly. as mentioned this device is disposable. seeing that it appears I just disposed of $50. I don't know what to get now. it seems even if I spend $200+ the mods have plenty of faults or just die. I have many evolve and yihi devices no longer functioning. I figured if they don't work for $$$ might as well just spend less than. it appears that was an even worse idea. who the heck makes a mod this size that is the full enchilada regardless of price? I am so tired of wasting my money. I am seriously not trying to flame, I am asking for advice. I don't know what to do now. the spend less idea obviously did not work.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
I just got this. I thought it was very good for the price. now I too have it misfiring constantly. as mentioned this device is disposable. seeing that it appears I just disposed of $50. I don't know what to get now. it seems even if I spend $200+ the mods have plenty of faults or just die. I have many evolve and yihi devices no longer functioning. I figured if they don't work for $$$ might as well just spend less than. it appears that was an even worse idea. who the heck makes a mod this size that is the full enchilada regardless of price? I am so tired of wasting my money. I am seriously not trying to flame, I am asking for advice. I don't know what to do now. the spend less idea obviously did not work.

Is it under warranty?.....send it back?

I haven't heard many complaints in the iStick thread about any of the iSticks.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I was actually really happy with it when I got it. it is misfiring constantly. I thought just my luck but look at the top post of this page. apparently it misfires for other folks as well. I can't send it to china. these things are disposable but this is a bit quick. on the other hand I find expensive mods that are not disposable only last so long anyways. often not so long in fact. on a good note it looks like the battery in this would last me a good while. I like the size. fit and finish is better than many expensive mods. I am still using it in hopes that is starts to cooperate. I really do like it. it was just what I was looking for. if it continues to misfire than that's a shame. id get something else just like it but I don't really know of anything. 4400mah in this size is unusual.

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
I was actually really happy with it when I got it. it is misfiring constantly. I thought just my luck but look at the top post of this page. apparently it misfires for other folks as well. I can't send it to china. these things are disposable but this is a bit quick. on the other hand I find expensive mods that are not disposable only last so long anyways. often not so long in fact. on a good note it looks like the battery in this would last me a good while. I like the size. fit and finish is better than many expensive mods. I am still using it in hopes that is starts to cooperate. I really do like it. it was just what I was looking for. if it continues to misfire than that's a shame. id get something else just like it but I don't really know of anything. 4400mah in this size is unusual.
What do you mean by misfiring? What is it doing. I know a lot of these mods need a firm steady pressure on the firing button or it will stop firing until more pressure is applied.

HD

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador

Good luck with whatever happens....perhaps soon someone will design a really good small mode which is about 99.9% reliable for everyone.

Its really amazing how fast the mod market is growing, too fast, the problem is probably related to quality control.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I mean sometimes I press the button, firmly and it does not fire. have to release and press again. misfire. it is most likely qc and my luck. unfortunately the shopkeeper does not take kindly to the word "exchange". well, at least it is not another bad $200 box. I have nothing against the istick just poor luck. there is no prejudice in what mod will fail. I know that all too well. otherwise this thing looks like a real winner. seems to be very nice for the price. I must have just pulled the short straw.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
nic-fix,

Misfires (i.e., pressing the firing button and having nothing happen) have been a minor but recurring problem with all the iSticks. Only sporadic and occasional, and not aggravating enough to be a deal-breaker for most of us, but still something that can and does happen. With each successive generation of iSticks (20W to 30W to 50W) Eleaf has reduced the incidence of misfires, but even with the 50W, reports such as yours have appeared.

I have five iStick 20Ws, and all of them misfire from time to time. Always just once, then they're fine again, often for days of use before they misfire again. My two 30W iSticks also misfire, but only about 1/3 as often as the 20Ws. Happily, my sole iStick 50W has been perfect so far. After a month and a half, not a single misfire from the redesigned fire button.

Faulty design and/or bad QC. And, as you note, sometimes it's just the luck of the draw---we roll the dice, and they occasionally come up snake eyes.

I like the Atlantis tank on the 50W too, works really nice......:)

I just got a pair of the Eleaf Melo tanks one for each of the two 50Ws and found them to be a bit awkward to adjust. You need a pair of channel lock pliers to turn the adjuster that a pin sticking up but not higher then the arc shaped slot rather then the complete 180 seen on the Aspire tanks. You get plenty of air flow.

The main problem seen is with the lowest setting being a single hole still drawing in a bit too much air while the flavor suffers. Ill be looking at the Atlantis V2 due out in a week or so! I suspect the V2 will have at least a slightly larger tank as the main item of interest since it will be using the same coils. Haven't seen anyone with the cotton coils so far.

Is it under warranty?.....send it back?

I haven't heard many complaints in the iStick thread about any of the iSticks.

Not in this thread that is! The first thread about the 20w however is a complaint dept. there. So far with a pair of the 50Ws in back and forth use having one of them on me at all times. I found the button on the 50Ws a bit more durable then the first type seen on the others. That includes the 30w as well as the Mini 10w.

Speaking of being out and being spotted I was along the side of a Walmart well away from the main doors and front where you wouldn't noticed when taking a fast good sized puff. As soon as I got around to the front and closing in on the entrance "I heard a voice" coming from behind me asking "Is that an ecig?" :confused: Before I could even turn around to look back already having noticed about 5 of 6 shoppers getting out of one or two cars close together the nice little lady was holding up a mod she had in her hand but didn't even know what an iStick was. New to vaping obviously! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: chopdoc
Actually every iStick they carry sees the word styled in the naming. Simply look down at the product links for the various models at the bottom right side at FT. Different vendors will tend to add or subject to and from the product title while the product is still the exact same thing.

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
Hi,

So, my MVP2 finally gave up the ghost and the charge from full to empty only last about 8 hours which in terms of my use, means about 20 to 50 puffs on it.

Since my birthday is this month, my partner bought me the eleaf iStick 50w since he's been happy with his (well... relatively happy with it, read below) and so I got the black one.

The questions that I have are as follows:
My local vape store sells these at $55.00 (out the door, no tax if paid with cash), so I'm concerned that it may not be genuine. How do I actually tell if it's genuine or not?

The reason that I'm concerned about it is that while the packaging looks correct with the correct markings on the back, it did not have the eleaf wall adapter charger. It came with the unit itself, the manual, a usb cable but no wall-wart charger itself. The reviews I've watched on it say that they come with the wall adapter charger.

Mine was still in the plastic wrap around the box by the way.

My partners came with the unit itself, the box (which didn't look the same but he bought his in Feb 2015 and was the only one in stock, so I'v just assumed that it was a promo item or a first run item in limited quantity), and the manual but not even a usb charge cable.

His did have a problem, if held at a certain angle when firing it, after taking your finger off the fire button it would sometimes continue to fire. If held upright and fired it never exhibited this issue. He of course lost his receipt (as many men tend to do) but the local vape shop took a look at it, opened it up and cleaned out "dust" (as they put it) from the firing mechanism and it's now been about a week and a half and he's not experienced the problem since then. They also called to our answering machine (which I saved the message in case it's needed in the future to prove anything) and said that they would be willing to send it back to the factory and they'd be willing to either fix it or replace the unit but they believed that eleaf is more likely to want to try to fix it than to replace it. Just makes me wonder if they're the ones (the store) that will take it apart and try to fix it to keep people thinking that they're genuine.

Oh and he still has an (sort of) issue with the battery bar, he tells me that it will show near full most of the time and then immediately drop down to near nothing. But he assures me that with my pattern of vaping that I should be able to see the same 2 to 4 days that I got out of my MVP2 when I first bought it.

This local vape shop does seem to mark clones as "clones" on the price tag placards that show the name and price that the units sit on and they don't list the istick 50 as a clone or styled or anything like that, they do list it as an Eleaf iStick 50w unit. But it seems that $55.00 is a bit low for a genuine unit and with the missing wall-wart AC adapter, it has me a bit curious.

I've bought a known clone from this store in the past and it was clearly marked as a clone but this lack of a wall adapter has me curious. Did Eleaf stop including wall adapters at some poing to the U.S. customers?

Is there some tell-tale way to be 100% certain whether one of these is genuine or a clone?

Last edited:

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Is there some tell-tale way to be 100% certain whether one of these is genuine or a clone?

Given the fierce competition among Chinese ecig manufacturers and lax infringement protections, clones are sometimes 1:1 counterfeit knock-offs, right down to the package and labeling.

The only way to know for sure if an iStick 50W is an original is to go to the eLeaf/iSmoka web site and check the number on the authentication sticker that was in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread