Status
Not open for further replies.

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Other than the wattage, you think it would vape differently at the same wattage? As in the 30 watt and the 50 watt both set to like 20 watt and it hitting differently?

The wattage functions on all VV/VW devices are actually regulated by the voltage of the battery and the controller.

This is why I referenced everything above in terms of voltage and not wattage, because that's what the controller does...in controls the voltage and measures the ohm's attached to meet your desired wattage.

Speaking in wattage terms can get too confusing for peeps because your wattage fluctuates under different ohm's and voltage conditions.

The istick is NOT a full-fledged mod....it's more of a really powerful Ego Twist battery.

Now if it had a buck/boost regulator and it didn't have any ohm's or voltage limitations to reach it's full wattage capabilities....then it would be a real mod just like any other big battery mod.

The 50W could in fact BE a full-fledged mod...it's unknown just yet.

Last edited:

Kloudz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Phoenix, Az
www.youtube.com
No MEAN or RMS...Wonder how this will perform with just DC current?
Screenshot_2015-01-09-17-28-24.jpg

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
No MEAN or RMS...Wonder how this will perform with just DC current?
View attachment 402745

Same as the Provari.

If this ends of being substantiated then this will be a fantastic device with a lovely "flat" output, it's one of the reasons folks loved the MVP - no 33.3hz "rattlesnake".
Has to have buck circuitry too of course.

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
Can someone please explain the appeal of a DNA40 when you can get the istick 50w for 1/4 the price? I am shocked and confused at how fast these new, powerful devices are coming out. If I find myself wanting more than the 20watts my Provari gives me, I won't be spending $200-$300 on a DNA40. I'm grabbing one of these crazy little things.

eudox

Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Can someone please explain the appeal of a DNA40 when you can get the istick 50w for 1/4 the price? I am shocked and confused at how fast these new, powerful devices are coming out. If I find myself wanting more than the 20watts my Provari gives me, I won't be spending $200-$300 on a DNA40. I'm grabbing one of these crazy little things.

Temp control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread