Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah, my sister hasn't had a problem and she has had hers for over 6 months. She chain vapes it all day every day. Makes me wonder if it is a clone or not. Aside from taking it apart, how can you tell? I miss my 50w but at this point it probably makes more sense to get the 40TC or the clone than buy the board from FT to fix it. The battery life though!

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Yeah, my sister hasn't had a problem and she has had hers for over 6 months. She chain vapes it all day every day. Makes me wonder if it is a clone or not. Aside from taking it apart, how can you tell? I miss my 50w but at this point it probably makes more sense to get the 40TC or the clone than buy the board from FT to fix it. The battery life though!
That's the only reason I haven't bought a board for yours yet plus tryin to wait on getting another one donated. I have one that I question will work but I'm gonna install it anyway. I got a TC40 from HeavenGifts for 21.90 (now they are 27.60).

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick N

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Yeah. I've been usin the TC and it does great. I vape it at 430 and it's comparable in warmth and flavor to my SX Mini at 420. Many say it is underpowered and have to crank it up over 500 to get a warm vape. I think it has to do with the build more than the mod. I'm usin a .06 ohm twisted in it. It seems to use battery life a lot quicker with this coil than in VW mode. I'll try a single coil around .15 ohm and see how that goes. I like the simplicity of switching from VW to TC

Reactions: Nick N

Bakseated1

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2012
Pa
Anyone have an idea as to whether or not eleaf corrected this issues causing the auto firing? I had one that was a post Chinese New Year manufacture. I know there was speculation the extra delay after new year was for them to fix the problems. I never had an issue with mine until an unfortunate incident (my fault)I would rather not share but it looks as though fasstech may replace it.

If they do how safe should I feel handing the replacement over to my wife who's vaping expertise is hitting the fire button? I have moved on to an evic mini so I don't need it. But she needs an upgrade to her MVP 2.0.

Risk a fire with the wife or sell it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smkfree

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
oak lawn il
I had one back in March that went into auto fire mode. Returned it to Rocky mountain Vapor and they replaced it. Been working just fine ever since. I also purchased 2 more and have had no problems with them at all. I just shut them off when not in use and always charge them in a ceramic coffee cup. I chain vape and charge at least one everyday.

Reactions: crystalluv545

crystalluv545

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Staten Island NY
Every so often, you make a purchase that exceeds your expectation, that you want to tell other people about, because you're enjoying it so much!

The IStick 50w is one of those devices, for me!

I previously was using, and loved, my Vapor Shark DNA. I was using tanks with 1.2 ohm attys, or thereabouts, and the Vapor Shark would last me all day.

Once I moved on to the Kanger Sub Tank mini, at .5 ohm, my battery life on the VS dropped to a few hours!

I ordered and received the IStick 50 watt, and really love it! ALL day vapping, actually, more like THREE DAYS on a fully charged pair of batteries!

The 50w fits in my hands perfectly (I have rather big hands), feels well built and solid, never misses firing when I press the button and fits comfortably in my shirt pocket with the Sub Tank attached....

What more could I ask for?

WIth the Kanger Tank mini (or, sometimes, the nano) filled, this device lasts me all day, with great vapor production and flavor! Comes as close to dripping, without the hassle, as I've managed to find, and believe me, I've looked!

:p
Same here.. Mine is fine. And I've had it now about 4months.
df0b6c60a0a8c4e78e3fb5a6cf3b94d0.jpg

Crystal using Galaxy4s in NYC

madLyfe

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2013
United States
i dunno what the deal is with my istick 50w. i started to notice the screen fading out, it also looked like it was sliding out of position or something.. not sure, maybe it was both. either way, i can no longer see light coming from the screen no matter what i do. it still works fine. ive had mine since middle/late march. probably nothing i can do about it now huh?

alexmot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2015
Louisiana, USA
In the last week or so, my 6 month old 50W has started to flake out a bit. The fire button has gotten "not-clicky." It still fires when I press it, but there's no real up/down motion left in the button. More of a "apply pressure to fire" thing.

For a bit of back story, I opened it up when I first got it back in March / April. I peeked at it and put it back together.

A few weeks ago I opened it again to see if there was something I could to remedy the multi-click issue it sometimes has -- i.e. hold down the button and it sputter-fires. When I fully took it apart, what I think is a spare little silicon rectangle fell out (see image attached).

As best I can tell, only one of those silicon things goes in there to hold the +/- buttons in place. All the images / videos I've seen show only one.

Did I maybe miss something near the fire button and ended up being the cause of my own "squishy" fire button issue?

Thanks!

Attachments

• silicon_thing.PNG
    silicon_thing.PNG
    15.5 KB · Views: 50

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Yeah that goes over the up and down buttons. There is a square one over the fire button also that keeps the button pushed out. Try flipping that one upside down.

My screen also flaked, I'm my case it got cracked when I dropped the mod. Sounds like yours developed a crack and finally died.

The screen is soldered to the board so I doubt it shifted.. Its easy enough to open up and slide out with the button facing down and a 5, 5.5, or 6 torx

Reactions: JimDrock

alexmot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2015
Louisiana, USA
Yeah that goes over the up and down buttons. There is a square one over the fire button also that keeps the button pushed out. Try flipping that one upside down.

Upon further inspection, my "square one over the fire button" was shot to hell. It only had two "legs" sticking up and two that were mashed down to the point I couldn't see them. I crafted a new one from an old protank silicon top cap and it's working damn near as good as new.

Hitting the fire button "cross ways" with the two mashed down silicon legs was probably the source of my sputter-fire as well.

Thanks for the heads up!

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
Hmmm, I recently had to open my 6+ months old 50W because it started misfiring (and occasionally autofiring). Cleaned it up good from juice traces inside - good old isopropyl alcohol.. - and it's more or less back in shape now.
But.. The fire button is 'non-clicky'.. Now that you've mentioned it, I couldn't find any silicone pieces inside the fire button, so I'm now wondering if I've missed it (and probably lost it when flooding the innards with alcohol)
I'll open it up again and insert a tiny silicon sheet between the microswitch and the fire button. Thanks for the hint.

Barryo

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Upstate NY, USA
Over the past two years I've ordered more than 20 iSticks....20/30/tc40 and 50 watt. Until today, all of them came fully charged. Got two of the 50 watt ones delivered today and they had zero charge. Plugged them in and they seem to be charging normally. Should I be concerned they came with zero charge?

Reactions: JeremyR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread