Eleaf Istick 60W / Protank2 / 2.5Ohm Coils / Nicotine Level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green456

Apr 4, 2016
Hi Forum,

I have been vaping using the EVod kit for a while and then stopped unfortunately (due to lack of good liquids) and smoked analogs again for like a year.

Recently I had the idea to try again and this time I ordered an Eleaf Istick 60W kit with the Melo2.

With the Evod I used 18mg nicotine level liquids because I used to smoke 1-2 packages a day. I still have a lot of liquids left from back then.

However, now with the sub-ohm mod, I ordered 6mg liquids and it works perfectly with the Melo2 or a Kanger Subtank Mini. So much more vapor and flavour than before!

I have set it to ~15 watts on the Subtank Mini with a 0.5 ohm coil and to ~30 watts on the Melo2 with a 0.3 ohm coil.

I tried the Protank2 on the Istick with 2.5 ohm coils and it works. I had set it to 10-11 watts.

However, what nicotine level would I smoke in that configuration? Can I use the 18mg e-liquids I still have? Or would I use the same 6mg liquid that works so well when sub-ohming? Or would something in between like 12mg be the perfect level? Do the ohms of the coil decide which nicotine level I would need?

I hope I posted this in the right section of the forum.

Green456

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Generally, your body will tell you if the strength you're vaping is sufficient or too much. Sub ohm atomizers vaporize e-liquids more effeciently, so you'll most likely find that a lower nicotine content e-liquid will suffice.

What you can do to cut the nicotine strength down is order some of the same flavors that you already have, but in a 0 nicotine strength. Then mix the two together to arrive at the target strength that works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread