Eleaf iStick battery life question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy. I recently purchased an eleaf istick 2200mah mod. I've been using it for a few weeks and am noticing something odd with it.

Since the last full charge it's been ~5 days. I'm using a Kanger Genitank 2ohm dual coil and vaping @ 3.5v. I'd describe my use as somewhere between moderate and heavy. At this point (5 days in) the battery life indicator is reading something like 95% charged. This seems... wrong to me. I would expect it to be mostly or completely discharged by this point.

So, is this expected or is there something wrong? Anyone? Thanks for your help.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I'm the proud owner of 3 iSticks, but only get a couple, few days out of a charge. You said you are running a 2.0Ω coil at a fairly low voltage which would go to explain your charge lasting longer. That said, if it's your sweet spot and you get good flavor and vapor, stick with what works for you...:)

Another thing with the iStick's battery indicator, it seems to last longer for the first half of the charge, and decrease faster from 1/2 charge to empty. This is normal, as the battery discharges the lower voltage available will need a bit more boost in the electronics to provide the voltage or wattage setting you choose.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Hello reaper, welcome to the forum!

First off that's awesome. So your saying it won't die.. 5 days and your still at 95%. This is great, keep it up. Many dream of being able to go this long on a battery.

Its still going so i dont see any issue unless you notice your getting really weak hits. That would indicate your batery is low and the screen could be wrong. I doubt this, but if so put on charger and monitor to see how long till charged.

So there is an explanation to why your getting such incredible battery life... And I wouldn't change a thing your doing for as long as possible.

Your vaping at 6w which is fairly low drain on the battery. Only about 1.75 amps. You have a battery that can handle 20w and last a decent amount of time, almost a day maybe... Since your only vaping at 6w its going to last you a lot longer not only do you have a lower drain but also much less strain on the battery.

The battery can easily handle 6watts with very low drain of capacity.. But still if your a moderate to heavy vapor you'd think you would be running out soon. After 4 days I would think it would be at least showing lower, so you've got a point.

Maybe your not as heavy a vaper as you think.. Thus I'd say maybe 6 days.. So make note of the vape quality then charge it and see how long it takes. Vape it and see if the vape is similar. If so it would lend to - no problems..

Side note - I may get an I stick now. Battery life is really important to me. I can't stand charging batteries all day. I've never heard this type of complaint' about a device before - my battery won't die... It's usually the other way around.:)

* I'm assuming you are using this device exclusively if not disregard it may last weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread