Not open for further replies.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Good Morning fellow Vapors,

Today I am reviewing the eleaf istick Pico 21700 kit with the ELLO subohm tank. Yes, its a big battery!
20180124_011022.jpg

The Specs;

The colors currently available for the Pico 21700 are;
Greenery
Brushed Silver(pictured in this review)
Black
Silver
Grey
Hot Pink
  • 1 to 100W
    • 0.1 to 3.5 ohm Atomizer Resistance Range
    • 0.5 to 9V Output Voltage
  • Bypass Mode
    • Output Based on Resistance and Battery State
    • On and Off Capable
    • 0.1 to 3.5 ohm Atomizer Resistance Range
  • Temperature Control Suite
    • Ni200 Nickel Support
    • Titanium Support
    • SS316 Support
    • TCR (M1, M2, M3)
    • 0.05 to 1.5 ohm Atomizer Resistance Range
  • Threaded Top Battery Cover
    • Fits a Single 21700 or 18650
    • 18650 Battery Sold Separately
  • 0.91 Inch OLED Screen
    • Temperature Mode and Output
    • Output Power
    • Atomizer Resistance
    • Battery Life Indicator
    • Output Voltage
    • Stealth Mode
  • Classic Form Factor
  • Three Button Control Interface
    • Over Sized Firing Button
    • Adjustment Buttons Located on the Bottom
  • Micro USB Charging Port
    • 2A Quick Charge
    • Firmware Upgradeable
  • Stainless Steel 510 Threading
    • Accommodates Up to 25mm Atomizer Diameter
  • Gold Plated Contact
  • Overcharge Protection/Over Current Protection/ Over-Discharge Protection/Reverse Polarity Protection
Product Dimension:
  • 77mm by 26mm by 51mm

ELLO Sub-Ohm Tank Features:
  • 25mm Diameter
  • Sliding Top Fill System
    • Slides Open and Shut
    • Fill Port
  • 4ml Max Capacity
  • Eleaf HW Coil Family
    • HW1 Coil Head
      • 0.25 ohm
      • Single Coil
      • Kanthal
      • 25 to 50W Range
      • 35 to 40W Recommended Range
    • HW2 Coil Head
      • 0.3 ohm
      • Dual Coil
      • NiCr
      • 30 to 70W
      • 45 to 60W Recommended Range
  • Dual Adjustable 14mm by 2mm Airslots
  • Proprietary 9mm Tapered Bore Delrin Drip Tip
  • Proprietary 13.5mm Wide Bore Delrin Drip Tip
  • Stainless Steel and Glass Construction
The kit contains;
  • One Eleaf iStick Pico 21700 TC Box Mod
  • One Eleaf Ello Sub-Ohm Tank
    • One HW2 0.3 Ohm NiCr Head(25-50w, 35-40 recommended)
      • Pre-Installed
    • One HW1-C 0.25 Ohm Kanthal Head(30-70w, 45-60w recommended)
  • One 21700 Battery(AVB 3.7v 30a 4000mah)
  • Spare Parts Bag(Chimney extension, orings, wide bore 510 drip tip)
  • 18650 Battery Adapter
  • One Warranty Card and Warning Card
  • Two User Manual
  • Micro USB Charging Port

The Coils;

Eleaf has a series of coils to accommodate varying styles of vaping. The Coil Reference card is a great addition int the kit, its like having a coil menu to choose what coil you feel like using today.
20180124_012423.jpg

The liquids that I used to test the HW2 and HW1 with were Beard #71, Lemon Twist Peach Blossom Lemonade, and BLVK PRPL.

The HW2 coil has a semi tight draw to it with plenty of flavor and just enough cloud at 48 watts to make the daily User very content. This coil would be great for the MTL User.
The HW1 coil coil has a much more open airflow with great flavor and more cloud at 55 watts.
These 2 coils do not need alot of wattage to get the flavor that the much larger tanks/coils do.
Even switching flavors, after 5 or so puffs the new flavor sneaks through.

The Tank;
20180124_011246.jpg

The tank is a very solid construction, nothing wobbles, seats very nicely on the iStick Pico 21700. On the side it shows where to open the tank(push and slide) and on the top lip. The tank comes installed with a 2ml glass and comes with a 4ml glass(w/ext) for those who need a bit more if they are driving.
20180124_011119.jpg

After countless fills i have encountered ZERO leaks from this tank. The seals fit on top as well on the bottom around the coil, better than I have seen in the past.

The Device and Menu;

You are probably asking by now where the UP and DOWN buttons are aren't you?
They are in the best place and only place no one would ever think to put them, on the bottom.
20180124_011107.jpg

Ok, I know what everyone is thinking, not a great spot, but actually after getting used to how tucked in they are you will never have to worry about accidentally hitting these while using the device. The only downside may be if you are using and RDA and you tip the device too much to the side while adjust your wattage or working your way through the menu system. After about a day of constantly using it it really is the best spot for these.
The buttons are very responsive with no rattles and does round robin pretty quick!

The other tanks I did try on this device were the VV Mesh, Goon 1.5v, Freemax Sylla, and Smok TFV12 Prince so it will accommodate a 24.7mm to 25mm tank.

The screen is very bright with the OLED .91 display. The curved-bubble glass infront of the display really makes the numbers and letters pop out.
There are several premade Logos available on the Eleafworld website that you can upload to the device or you can upload your own.
The Menu system is very easy to navigate and features hardware/ firmware versions, logo on/off, battery voltage, ohm lock, optional screen item(puffs, time, amps), stealth mode, Preheat(0.1-2 seconds and 50.1w-100w), TC-NI, TI, SS, TCR, M1, M2, and M3.
20180124_013923.jpg

20180124_014026.jpg

20180124_011230.jpg

I tested the Preheat using the ELLO tank and it works nicely.
The TC-Ni I used the Freemax Scylla with a 0.25ohm Ni200 coil at 40w@420f.
The TC-SS I used the VV Mesh RDA with a 0.11 strip of 316L at 51w@450f.
The Bypass I used the VV Govad RTA with a 0.47ohm kanthal coil.
All the TC features worked as they should, no issues with ohm fluctuation.
20180124_011319.jpg

I am pleasantly surprised by the new Eleaf iStick Pico 21700 kit actually. The body construction feels solid accompanied by its size and weight it makes you wonder how they actually made room for the huge 21700 battery.
The 2 amp charging was fast, no real waiting around all day for the battery to fully charge. I did charge the battery in the Efest LUC6 charger, it will charge it but the fit in bay 3 or 4 is tight.
If you are a On The Go, construction, HVAC, person who needs a small devices that delivers on all fronts using the 2ml tank will not hinder the kit being carried in your pocket. Add the 4ml glass and you have the same small convenience with all the bells and whistles that can sit on you desk at work and not even be noticed. ;) If you are even looking for a kit to keep in your car for a spare, look no further, it will fit in your cup holder and still have room for 2 60mls of liquid.

The option to use the 21700 or 18650 is a plus and if you have 20700 its even a better kit, imagine, this kit will take 3 different batteries. Win Win!

After hearing from several Pico owners and my first(Pico Squeeze) I can see what the attraction is to these devices. They feel like a part of you after holding it in your hand all day, if you put it down you will feel as though you took off your watch or ring.

I thank you for taking the time to read my review, I hope that you find it helpful if you decide to be in the market for a new, small kit.

Vape Safe, Vape Happy.

ToNeeN

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread