Eleaf IStick Pico 21700 with Ello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, in this review i take a look at a nice little kit, the istick Pico 21700 with Ello from eleaf. The kit was kindly supplied for the purpose of this review by Holy from eleaf.

iStick Pico 21700 with ELLO - Eleaf electronic cigarette

In the Box

Contents:

1 x iStick Pico 21700
1 x ELLO Atomizer 2ml 810 drip tip
1 x 4ml glass
1 x Extension pipe
1 x Extra drip tip
1 x 21700 Cell(4000mAh)
1 x 18650 Adaptor
1 x HW2 Dual-Cylinder 0.3ohm Head(pre-installed)
1 x HW1-C Single-Cylinder 0.25ohm Head
1 x QC USB Cable
2 x User Manuals
1 x Set of Spare Parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

Most of you would of either used, handled or at least seen pictures in the past of the Pico (a device liked by many), and i am pleased to tell you the latest of the Pico family stays true to the original apart from just an increase in size to allow for larger tanks and housing a 21700 (4000mAh / 30A) battery. Apart from central at the bottom either side having branding, (one side has "Eleaf" the other "IStick Pico 21700") both sides and spine are featureless, just the colour of choice. I received the Grey version which is Grey with a tinge of green. The front of the device has a 0.91 inch pill shaped Oled screen housed centrally on the vertical. It has a rectangular fire button at the top and mini USB port at the bottom. The top and base of the device is silver, the top has the spring loaded 510 with air channels one side and the battery cap sits the other. The base of the device has good venting, safety marks and the recessed + , - rocker keys. The size and lack of edges makes the Pico feel very comfortable in the hand and is also quite light, even with a 21700 battery installed. There are no rattles and the overall build quality and finish is very impressive. Although the Ello tank comes in various colours, all colour choices of the Pico comes with the Silver Ello (It does suit the Pico and sits flush).

Ello Specs:

Diameter: 25mm
Height: 46mm/54mm
E-liquid capacity: 2ml/4ml
Weight: 45.6g/50.5g
Thread type: 510 thread
Color: silver, black, greenery, blue, gold, red

Ello Overview

The Ello is a nice sub-ohm tank, using the HW range of coils. In the kit you get a pre-installed HW2 duel cylinder 0.3ohm coil head rated at between 30w - 70w and the ceramic HW1 -C 0.25ohm coil head rated between 25w - 50w. The tank comes apart into it's various sections and fits back together with no issues, to extend the tank to 4ml simply screw on the extension pipe and switch to the larger supplied glass section. The Ello is as expected a top-fill design with the top-cap retracting to expose the fill slot then fixing nice and securely back into place. Again like a tank i reviewed with a kit only about a week ago it means the drip tip can't be fitted into a flat top-cap in the usual manner, the way it was dealt with in the previous review i had issues with however Eleaf have dealt with the problem much better. There is a raised section which the 810 drip tip simply fits into, (i tried several 810's and they all fitted nice and snug) this means although one isn't included a 510 adapter will also fit. I used the HW2 0.3 coil at 55W and i got very good flavour this coil is definitely for flavour chasers. I used the Ceramic HW1-C 0.25 coil at 35W and was very impressed, despite being lower wattage it gave i would say more cloud and the flavour was marginally better, there are 3 more coils available which include a couple more suited for those into more cloud and all 5 coils suit the Pico's wattage capabilities.

Pico Specs:

Size: 51mm*26mm*77mm
Weight: 165.3g (with 21700)
96.6g (without 21700)
Battery type: 21700/18650
Maximum charging current: 2A
Thread type: 510 thread
Output wattage: 1-100W
Output voltage: 0.5-9V
Output mode: VW/Bypass/TC(Ni/Ti/SS/TCR)
Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm (TC modes)
0.1-3.5ohm (VW/Bypass mode)
Colors: greenery, black, hot pink, grey, brushed silver, silver

Using the Pico

Putting the battery in is done by unscrewing the battery cap which like the rest of the pico feels and looks high quality. However the threading is a bit of a nightmare (unless it's just mine) and it takes a few attempts to get it to bite (once it bites it secures into place fine), the orientation is clearly marked. The device is the normal 5 clicks on and off, when the device is off + & - together flips the screen, doing this with the device on locks and unlocks the keys but the device still fires. Going through the modes is simple, it's just 3 clicks and each 3 clicks takes you to the next mode where you can adjust values with the + & - keys. It starts on power then the next mode is bypass this is followed by all the temp control wire types, followed by the TCR slots. When on a temp control mode clicking the fire button 4 times allows you then to change the wattage. A lot of people will be able to quite happily use this device just using it as i have described but there are other options, you access these by pressing the + and fire button together. This brings up a row of 4 icons but as you scroll across more appear. Each icon are for setting different things or giving you information. You can set your preheat, change the Amp info to puff or vape time, set a logo, find firmware version or see your battery status. It is a very simple device, yet has everything anyone really needs. Some people might find the +, - keys on the base of the device a bit awkward but i'm not going to put it has a con because i'm glad they stayed true to the much loved original.

Performance

I got the version that came with a 21700 battery but i believe you can get it without a battery included. If you get the one which includes the battery, the battery is already in the device but has an insulator over the negative (which needs removing), to make it safe in transit. I loved this little 100W device and i can't say for sure if the claimed 4000mAh and 30A are accurate but i had no problems with performance and the battery life didn't seem far off a duel battery device. The device supports 2A charging and is firmware up-gradable.

Ello likes

Very flavoursome coils
Good top-fill design
Plenty of coil options

Dislikes

To my knowledge no RBA deck will fit.

Pico Likes

Well built
Very nice form factor
Good Ergonomics
Simple to use
Temp Control
21700 / 18650 battery choice
4000mAh with 21700
Stays true to the original Pico

Dislikes

Not very good threading on battery cap.

Conclusion

For someone who isn't interested in large colour screens and likes things simple you can't go far wrong with the Istick Pico 21700. It has temp control if that's how you like to vape and comes with a good sub-ohm tank with both supplied coils giving great flavour.

I would once again like to thank Holy from Eleaf for supplying the Istick Pico 21700 with Ello for the purpose of this review.

iStick Pico 21700 with ELLO - Eleaf electronic cigarette

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Thank you for your review, this looks like a very interesting mod.

Did you use it much in TC? I like the TC performance of my Pico 75w, but was disappointed with the inconsistent TC performance of the Pico 25. I'm hoping the P21700 is good in TC.
No, sorry mate use to have a dabble with TC but i tend to just review devices in power mode. There are a lot of reviews of it now on Youtube but don't think the likes of Vaping with Vic, DJL Vapes and the others that go in to temp control have reviewed it yet. @Anthony_Vapes might have had a look, but not sure.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
No, sorry mate use to have a dabble with TC but i tend to just review devices in power mode. There are a lot of reviews of it now on Youtube but don't think the likes of Vaping with Vic, DJL Vapes and the others that go in to temp control have reviewed it yet. @Anthony_Vapes might have had a look, but not sure.
I used it in TC and bypass. Both worked great. Hth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread