Eleaf iStick Pico S 100W TC Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the iStick Pico S 100W TC Kit from eleaf, the kit comes with the ELLO VATE tank. The kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by eleaf.

iStick Pico S with ELLO VATE - Eleaf electronic cigarette

In the Box

Contents:

1x Eleaf iStick Pico S MOD
1x Ello Vate(6.5ml/2.0ml)
1x HW-M 0.15ohm Head (pre-installed)
1x HW-N 0.2ohm Head
1x 18650 Battery Sleeve
1x QC USB cable
2x User Manuals
Spare Parts
Kit is available with 21700 battery included

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Pico S is very unique looking and looks great in my opinion, trying to describe the aesthetics isn't as easy as with more standard looking devices so luckily the pictures will rescue me and i will just skim through some aesthetic features. The front of the device houses the screen and all the workings of the device including the spring loaded 510 on top. The back of the device is an extension to the front with extended base and top arm which acts as a support cradle for the battery tube. The battery tube sits screwed inside this cradle with heavy texturing and gives the Pico S a look of it's own. Most of the device is made from metal with the inner part of the cradle being plastic, this section has the slots for the LED's to shine through. I received the Silver version, it's also available in Black, White, Red, Blue, and Dazzling, with all devices coming with matching ELLO Vate tank. The sides have accents which are Red with mine and the bottom of the device has safety stamps and generous venting. The front houses the curved fire button at the top with a panel below which houses the screen and up and down buttons, below the buttons we have the micro USB port. The device is very well made with no rattles whatsoever and when using finger firing is amongst the most ergonomically friendly devices i have.

Ello Vate Specs and Features:

Diameter 28mm (6.5ml standard version)
26.5mm (2ml EU version)
Height 56mm (6.5ml standard version)
47mm (2ml EU version)
Capacity: 6.5ml/2ml
Coil: HW-M 0.15ohm Head (pre-installed)
HW-N 0.2ohm Head
Thread: 510 thread
Powerful and Elegant Subohm Tank
Unique Net Coil and Multihole Coil Systems
Powerful HW-M and HW-N Coils
Compatible with HW Series Coils
Optional 2ml/6.5ml E-juice Capacity
Fast and Easy Retractable Top Fill System
Child Lock Design for 2ml Version
Adjustable Bottom Airflow Control
Colours: Black, Silver, White, Red, Blue, Dazzling

ELLO VATE Overview

Receiving the standard kit, the ELLO Vate tank came pre-installed with the 6.5ml capacity bubble tank, a straight glass is also included. The drip tip is an 810 with o-rings and is resin with cobra effect as is becoming very popular. Both top and bottom sections have heavy texturing which is both aesthetic and helps with grip, the airflow on the bottom section is tri cyclops with stopper and moves with just the right amount of resistance. The Vate has a top-fill system and where the top needs to be pushed is clearly marked allowing for the top to slide open revealing the fill slot with self sealing membrane. The kit comes with a spare self sealing gasket and a standard open one, once filled the top can be locked back into position, it also comes with spare o-rings and 2 coils. The tank comes apart very easily, just unscrew the base section which allows you to remove the glass, the coils screw straight into the base. Both coils are mesh like wrapped with organic cotton and are the HW-Net 0.2ohms best at 65w - 75w and the HW- Multihole 0.15 ohms best at 70w - 80w and both give fantastic flavour and cloud but more about that later in the review. I received the Silver version to match the device, it is also available in Black, White, Red, Blue and Dazzling to match the colours of the devices.

iStick Pico S Specs and Features:

Size: 52.5mm(L)x 28.5mm(W)
Battery type: Single 21700/18650 cell
Output wattage: 1-100W
Output mode: VW/Bypass/TC(Ni/Ti/SS/TCR)
Output voltage: 0.5V-9V
Resistance range: 0.05ohm-3.0ohm (VW/Bypass mode)
0.05ohm-1.5ohm (TC-Ni/Ti/SS/M1/M2/M3 mode)
Maximum charging current: 2A
Thread type: 510 thread (26.5mm diameter)
7-color LED lights for amazing visual enjoyment
25ms Faster firing speed
High performance VW/TC/Bypass modes
Comfortable to hold and carry
Compatible with tanks of 26.5mm diameter without overhang
2A Quick Balance Charging
Firmware Upgrade
Colours: Black, Silver, White, Red, Blue, Dazzling

Fitting the battery

Quite a unique approach taken on this advice as the battery is placed down through the device's cradle to sit in the base where orientation is very clearly marked, a battery tube of the same colour as the device then is placed over the battery and screwed into position, giving the Pico S a unique look to it. You can use a 21700 or 18650 with supplied adaptor and there is plenty of room to use your fingers to screw the tube into position, with the heavy texturing also helping with grip.

Using the iStick Pico S

The Pico S is the normal 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off and the display is nice and bright despite having a tinted cover and is set out in a clear orderly fashion. Top left we have battery status, next to that is the resistance, bottom left is the voltage and next to that is the subpara which is amps by default, finally the entire right side of the screen displays the mode and wattage (temperature when in temp control). As well as the main menu there are some combination and multi key presses to enter features, the first being if you turn the device on with 10 clicks rather than 5 it displays the temperature of the PCB. When the device is off clicking the up and down together flips the screen, the same combination when the device if on locks and unlocks the device, also when in temp control pressing the up and fire together allows you to set TCR and lock the resistance. To enter the main menu is 3 clicks and it brings up a row of icons for options which represent, Wattage, Bypass, Ni, Ti, SS, M1, M2 and M3. If instead of pressing the fire button 3 times you press the up and fire together when in wattage mode another row of icons appear ahich represent, subpara (change between puff, vape time or amp), stealth (turn on or off), preheat (set your preheat), Logo turn on or off (you can download software to customise the logo), lights (will come back to this), and finally info which gives hardware and firmware versions. When in temp control pressing the fire button 4 times allows you to set wattage for temp control. The menu system is easy to navigate around and those that have owned any Pico's and similar eleaf products will be very familiar with it.

The LED's

I like the way the LED's work with this device being between the main device and the battery so not too intrusive for those that prefer them toned down and they reflect nicely off the battery tube. They shine through a number of slots and can be set in the menu to Def, which i assume means default which is a random display, you can also set them to be one of seven colours which are, Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, White, Yellow or purple, you also have the option of turning them off.

Performance

The Pico S fires quicker than any other Eleaf device and no delay is noticeable, the fire button also feels in a very natural position. When i get kits i tend to use the device mainly with my favourite tanks and RTA's or tanks i am testing for review as the tanks that tend to come with a kit are just another version of a tank i have already reviewed. In this case i also mainly used it with other tanks but was asked to give the coils a try as Eleaf rate them highly and after trying them i can report there confidence is not unfounded. In general mesh coils have improved the flavour of sub-ohm tanks in my opinion but the HW- Net and HW- Multihole coils are particularly good boasting both great flavour and masses of cloud, despite their slightly different best at rating i preferred both bang on the 70w mark. Up to 26.5mm tanks will fit without overhang which does cover the majority of tanks and the battery life using the provided 21700 was very good. The device fires very accurately and seems to give the claimed 100w, certainly not under-powered. The Pico S supports 2A charging and is fully firmware upgradeable.

Conclusion

As a single battery device i found nothing at all to dislike about the device and not going to invent something just for the sake of it. It's very unique while still very much a Pico!

Made very well
Looks Unique
Good use of LED's
21700 or 18650
Fires instantly
Very Ergonomical
Most popular tanks will fit
Good battery life
Not under-powered
User Friendly menu
Supports 2A charging
Firmware Upgradeable
ELLO VATE, nice looking tank
6.5ml capacity
Great flavour both coils

I would once again like to thank Eleaf for supplying the iStick Pico S 100W TC Kit for the purpose of this review.

iStick Pico S with ELLO VATE - Eleaf electronic cigarette

Reactions: Tonee N
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread