Eleaf iStick Pico Squeeze 2 100W Squonk Kit with Coral 2 RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the iStick Pico Squeeze 2 100W Squonk Kit with Coral 2 rda from eleaf. The iStick Pico Squeeze 2 100W Squonk Kit with Coral 2 RDA was supplied for the purpose of this review by eleaf.

Pico Squeeze 2 with Coral 2 - Eleaf electronic cigarette

Introduction

The Pico Squeeze 2 with Coral 2 is a revamped version of the original Pico Squeeze Kit. The Pico Squeeze 2 is a fully regulated device which can be powered by a single 18650 or 21700 battery. The wattage is adjustable up to 100W and and the device also has a full TC suite. The easy to squeeze silicone squonk bottle holds 8ml of e-liquid and has decorative LED's behind it so the bottle lights up in the set colour when firing. With extremely fast firing speed and new Coral 2 RDA the Pico Squeeze 2 Kit looks very promising, so on with the review.

In the Box

Contents

1 x Pico Squeeze 2
1 x Coral 2 Atomizer
2 x Clapton 0.2ohm Coils
1 x Cotton
1 x Battery Sleeve
1 x QC USB Cable
1 x Set of Spare Parts
1 x Spare bottle
2 x User Manuals
1 x Avatar AVB 21700 Battery (Optional)

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The box was heavy, and once i pulled the device out the box all was explained as it's very solidly made and has reassuring wieght to it, the build quality and finish is excellent. The weight of the box was added to as the one i was sent included a 21700 battery and the lower layer is packed with a generous amount of extras. I received the Black version which has Silver trim, it is also available in Red, Purple, Dazzling, and Silver. The front has the Silver trim of the removable squonk plate to the right side and also has top and bottom Silver trim, centrally towards the top we have the Eleaf trademark and "Pico Squeeze 2" also in Silver, Centrally the bottom 75% has a Silver arch that houses the pill shaped screen and +/- buttons which are on a circular rocker that looks like a little Silver bottle top (i can see people with chubby fingers struggling with this). One side of the device is featureless, the other has a very well done curved removable plate to get to the squonk bottle, this plate has a cutout section to allow you to press the bottle. The back of the device again has what looks like a Silver bottle top which is the fire button, this is positioned at the top centrally and has a Silver surround. This time the Silver trim of the removable squonk plate is visible to the left and towards the bottom is the micro USB port. The base is Silver and has the bottom section of the removable plate one side, venting and etched safety stamps the other. Moving to the top, one side we have a gold plated BF feeder 510 and the other side has the battery cap with heavy knurling, if the Coral 2 is fitted with included decorative ring, the ring matches the battery cap being roughly the same size and has identical knurling. The Pico Squeeze 2 has the classic Pico shape that is very familiar.

Coral 2 Specs and Features:

Diameter: 24mm
Diameter with Decorative Ring: 26mm
Height: 32mm
Thread: 510 thread
Elegant Acrylic Drip Tip
Large Build Deck and Unique Crooked Posts for Simple Coil Installation
Detachable Construction RDA for Easy Cleaning and Maintenance
BF and Standard Pin
Adjustable Side Airflow Control
Colour: Silver

Coral Overview

The Coral RDA is all Silver and comes with an extremely tight but very nice 810 drip tip installed (The colour of the drip tip depends on which colour device you get). It has a single, very wide, quite high adjustable side airflow which can only be adjusted once the RDA is on the device. With Sleeve pulled off you can see it has an inner conical design to help with flavour, there is no stopper so you need to make sure you don't over turn it. The deck has a single coil configuration and it has a generous sized juice well, there is a wall to onside with a very angled wide airflow intake to match the slot on the outer sleeve. The posts are the opposite side and are on the tilt which i found helped make it very easy to install my coil, you need to use an allen key to loosen and tighten the grub screws which are good quality. You do need to pre-cut your legs first as any protruding leg end will cause a short but apart from watching out for that the build was as easy as it gets, there was no drama's with the wicking which can be done reasonably generously. The large airflow slams the side of the coil at quite a wide angle spreading air around it, i was surprised how smooth the airflow was with it only coming in from one side.

Pico Squeeze 2 Specs and Features:

Size: 56mm*28mm*78mm
Weight: 227g (without cell)
304g (with Avatar 21700)
Battery type: Single 21700/18650 cell (optional)
Output wattage: 1-100W
Output mode: VW/TC(Ni/Ti/TCR)/BYPASS
Temperature range: 100-315°C/200-600°F
Max charging current: 2A
Bottle Capacity: 8ml
Thread: 510
100W Max Output with 0.49-inch Display
8ml Squeeze Bottle with Light Effect
Bottom Ventilation Holes
Colorful LED Light
2A Quick Charge
Colours: Red, Black, Purple, Dazzling, Silver

The Bottle

The last couple of squonk devices i have looked at including this one have much better silicone bottles in them as in the past quite often good devices were ruined by providing garbage bottles, the bottle here and the identical spare has just the right amount of tension. To get to the bottle you need to remove the side plate by pulling outwards and then down, it is secured at the top with a little catch and bottom with magnets. The bottle then simply needs to be pulled downwards and it slides off the sealing bung and piping. The bottle itself says it holds 8ml on the website but it was 7ml when i measured how much juice i added. The bottle has a removable silver cap with knurling which with most filling methods you can leave attached and just fill through the hole where the piping and bung fit. This hole is not actually central but offset to allow for the 510 to be set back enough to house 26mm atty's when feeding the pipe and bung back into the bottle the shorter side should be lined up with the inside of the device. Once back into position just fix the plate back into position.

Using the Pico Squeeze 2

To fit your 21700 or 18650 (with included adaptor) unscrew the battery cap on top of the device and place the battery positive down, then screw the cap back on, orientation is clearly marked inside the cap and device. To turn the device on and off is five clicks of the fire button, turning the device on with 10 clicks shows the temperature of the PCB. When the device is off the + and - together flips the screen and the same button combination when the device is on locks the device but it will still fire. The display is very small but not cluttered as only the most essential information is displayed at any given time. The main screen displays wattage (temperature when in temp control), resistance, subpara ( this can be set as volts. puffs, time vaped and wattage when in temp control) and finally the battery status bar. Pressing the up and fire together for 3 seconds bring up icons to scroll through, with only 2 being displayed on the screen at any one time. You have subpara, stealth, preheat, logo on or off LED's (set the LED's behind the squonk bottle, you have the choice of DEF (random), Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, White, Yellow, Purple and off), hardware and software versions and finally the current voltage of your battery. When entering this menu when in temp control wattage replaces volts in the subpara, you can lock the resistance and you can input TCR values into the memory slots. Your different modes are accessed by pressing the fire button 3 times, the modes are wattage, bypass, NI, TI, SS and the 3 TCR memory slots. The last thing is you can set the wattage when in temp control by pressing the fire button 4 times, this then allows you to adjust the wattage, it's pretty much the same Eleaf menu system we always get apart from less is shown on the display at any one time but it works really well.

Performance

It fires in an instant , and once use to holding it to fire with the lower part of the thumb it felt quite natural. The device is adjustable in 0.1W increments up to 20W then after 20W it adjusts in 1W increments which in my opinion is how it should be done on devices. I used one of the supplied coils in the Coral 2 which came out at 0.22, it vaped great at 65W with airflow fully opened. Plenty of cloud and the flavour is very good, i am not going to say the flavour was awesome or excellent because it wasn't but it was very good. The Coral 2 was slightly noisy but that didn't seem to effect the smoothness of the vape. I have seen the charts for the device and it's not under powered at all and is very accurate, the temperature control also looked excellent as far as i understood it. The Pico Squeeze 2 will accommodate up to a 26mm atty without any overhang. The device supports 2A charging and is fully firmware upgradeable.

Conclusion

A very solid, well made 100W regulated squonker that fires instantly and just works very well. The included Coral 2 is a easy to build decent RDA and a good inclusion.

Very good build quality
Classic Pico look
Removable side plate for squonk bottle access very well done
Good squonk bottle
Device squonks really well
Regulated
Not underpowered
Fires instantly
Simple Menu system
Temp Control
Adjust in 0.1W increments up to 20W then it changes to 1W increments
Spare Bottle
Coils and cotton included
Plenty of other spares
Coral 2 Easy build
Also get standard 510 pin
Good flavour
2A charging
Firmware upgradeable

Dislikes

Kit would be great if a screw on top was provided for spare squonk bottle so it could be carried full of liquid.
+ and - buttons could be awkward for chubby fingers.
Anything else would be being very picky so i'll leave it there.

I would once again like to thank Eleaf for supplying the iStick Pico Squeeze 2 100W Squonk Kit with Coral 2 RDA for the purpose of this review.

Pico Squeeze 2 with Coral 2 - Eleaf electronic cigarette

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Nice review thank you. I'm genuinely quite exited about this mod, it may be the squonker I've been looking for.
FT has just the mod on pre-order for $60
Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 100W Squonk Kit with Coral 2 RDA
Eleaf iStick Pico Squeeze 2 Squonk Mod Kit - $74.99 Free Shipping|GearBest.com
Eleaf iStick Pico Squeeze 2 Squonk TC Mod - $61.62 Free Shipping|GearBest.com (without coral 2)

This year i'm impressed with the build quality of Eleaf devices they are releasing top notch devices but still keeping prices reasonable.

Reactions: sonicbomb

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread