Eleaf istick pico with melo3 tank 75w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby640

Apr 9, 2019
Hi guys I'm new to the forum so thought i would ask my first question. Hoping the community can help.

I recieved my eleaf istick pico yesterday. And am having few issues getting a decent vape out of it. It apppears to ramp up to the desired wattage really slow.

I'm vaping .3 ohm coil in the melo 3 mini that came with tank. I'm using wattage mode and have it set on 47 watts. I'm having to drag on the vape for a good 4 seconds for it to start producing enough vapour. I thought initially it was my battery wich is a brand new Samsung 25r 18650 but after giving the battery a full charge i had the same result of slow weak vape. I have place the melo 3 tank on my voopoo drag set on 47 watts it fired instantly and produced nice clouds and flavour. So im unsure if the pico being a cheaper device just isnt up to the same standard and what I'm experiencing is normal or the device is faulty. I have check all the setting and I'm in wattage mode the airflow.is.open the battery is fully charged. The eleaf also experiences the same issue with the atlantis tank firing really slow and weak at the desired wattage.

Please help or this device is going in the bin.

Regards

Bobby640

Apr 9, 2019
Hi guys I'm new to the forum so thought i would ask my first question. Hoping the community can help.

I recieved my eleaf istick pico yesterday. And am having few issues getting a decent vape out of it. It apppears to ramp up to the desired wattage really slow.

I'm vaping .3 ohm coil in the melo 3 mini that came with tank. I'm using wattage mode and have it set on 47 watts. I'm having to drag on the vape for a good 4 seconds for it to start producing enough vapour. I thought initially it was my battery wich is a brand new Samsung 25r 18650 but after giving the battery a full charge i had the same result of slow weak vape. I have place the melo 3 tank on my voopoo drag set on 47 watts it fired instantly and produced nice clouds and flavour. So im unsure if the pico being a cheaper device just isnt up to the same standard and what I'm experiencing is normal or the device is faulty. I have check all the setting and I'm in wattage mode the airflow.is.open the battery is fully charged. The eleaf also experiences the same issue with the atlantis tank firing really slow and weak at the desired wattage.

Please help or this device is going in the bin.

Regards

Bobby640

Apr 9, 2019
There are lots of fake Pico/Melo on Ebay. I know since I got suckered--haha! I was able to return it to the seller. Did you check the authenticity sticker on the box?

The fake couldn't be flashed with the Eleaf software and TC mode didn't work.

I bought an authentic and it works great.
I did and it appears to be authentic.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Howdy and welcome :)
assuming that @Shadav ’s suggestions don’t do it, (they’re higher probability really) It sounds like the issue is not that it doesn’t produce vapor, it’s that it doesn’t produce it fast enough for you. I don’t know how the melo3 coils are designed, but a high mass coil would do that. In any case it’s not the mod, or even the atty, it’s the coil.

There are a couple workarounds I can think of. The simplest is simply hold the button down for a second or two before you take a puff.
Another would be messing with power ramps. Not sure what the options for that are on the pico, but if it does TC it should be at least theoretically capable. A quick boost of high power to get the heat up followed by lower power to maintain the heat sounds like what you want. Are the coils stainless steel by any chance? If so, SS TC running a high wattage with a temp just below 450 would likely at least help. There may be straight up boost or power/time ramp functions that may help as well.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Shadav

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
i keep forgetting about that lol if the coils are stainless steel they do seem to take a few seconds to ramp up
I bought some because folks said they were good but meh....they seemed to ramp up slower
You had the more logical answers. It was my dumb luck you posted first.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
What happens if you come down to, say, 25-30 watts? Is it noticeably quicker? It's maybe not your preferred vape, but it might help point at the battery if it's struggling up at 47.

I think the latest Eleaf firmware for the Pico may have a preheat function - someone did suggest that.

Note - I don't think your coil supports temp control.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
i'm leaning more towards being fake batteries....
Not impossible, depending on the flavor of fake. I don’t know much about melo3 coils though, and the GUI on the pico is a mystery to me. I’m making heavy generizations about both. More specific knowledge could easily prove me wrong. As for the batteries, It would take an unwrapping of the battery to look for internal markings, which may never have even existed, and a refresh and resistance test to find out though. Not that either of those are bad ideas for any battery.

Reactions: Shadav

Bobby640

Apr 9, 2019
Same result just a weaker vape
What happens if you come down to, say, 25-30 watts? Is it noticeably quicker? It's maybe not your preferred vape, but it might help point at the battery if it's struggling up at 47.

I think the latest Eleaf firmware for the Pico may have a preheat function - someone did suggest that.

Note - I don't think your coil supports temp control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread