Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again and welcome back friends for today's review of the istick POWER 2 from eleaf that sports a 5000mAh internal battery for a simple plug in and play system that is a wattage/voltage only device with a few power modes along with some nice features that I'll cover later on. The eleaf ISTICK 2 Kit was provided to me from SOURCEMORE for the purpose of this review and can be purchased there using this linkhttps://www.sourcemore.com/eleaf-istick-power-2-kit-with-gtl-pod-tank.html, let's get started with some information about the kit.

COLOR CHOICES

iStick-Power-2-80W-Kit2_2048x.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE KIT

1* iStick Power 2 Mod

1* GTL Pod Tank (4.5ml)

1* GTL 0.4ohm Coil

1* GTL 0.8ohm Coil

1* USB Cable

2* User Manuals

1* Warranty Card

Eleaf_iStick_Power_2_Kit_Package.jpg

FEATURES

* Compatible with GTL Series Coils

* Built-in 5000mAh Battery

* Max Output Power 80W

* 0.96 Inch TFT Display Screen

* Power & Smart Working Modes

* 2A Fast charging with Type-C Cable

SPECIFICATIONS

Eleaf_iStick_Power_2_Kit_Specifications.jpg

4.5ML GTL POD/TANK WITH DUAL AIR FLOW SLOTS

Eleaf_iStick_Power_2_Kit_Vaping.jpg

EASY GTL COIL REPACEMENT

Eleaf_iStick_Power_2_Kit_Easy_Coil_Replacement.jpg

MAGNETIC CONNECTION ( 3 MAGNETS )

Eleaf_iStick_Power_2_Kit_Magnetic_Connection.jpg

BOTTOM FILL

iStick-Power-2-80W-Kit-21.jpg

GTL COIL PLATFORM

Eleaf_iStick_Power_2_Kit_GTL_Coils.jpg

5000mAh INTERNAL LIPO BATTERY

Eleaf_iStick_Power_2_Kit_5000mAh.jpg

TYPE-C WITH 2A FAST CHARGING

iStick-Power-2-80W-Kit-17.jpg

ATTRACTIVE LEATHER COLORS

iStick-Power-2-80W-Kit-12.jpg

SMART CHIP INSIDE

iStick-Power-2-80W-Kit-16.jpg

80 WATTS OF POWER (5000mAh LIPO)-160 WATTS OF POWER-2C (DUAL 18650'S)

iStick-Power-2-80W-Kit-15.jpg

4 COLOR THEMES TO CHOOSE FROM

iStick-Power-2-80W-Kit-18.jpg

MUTIPLE PROTECTIONS

iStick-Power-2-80W-Kit-22.jpg

BREAKDOWN

iStick-Power-2-80W-Kit-24.jpg

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS

I knew that the device was going to be a real looker from the pictures I had seen of the device and pod/tank combo but after opening the package that's pretty standard with the mod and pod/tank in their own sections and the pod/tank wrapped in plastic, paper materials along with the charge cord and coils underneath, my expectations were exceeded. On the left side of the device I POWER is printed in a handwritten style that's different but looks in place for the device's appearance. Leather is beginning to become the norm on devices now and the ISICK POWER2's two-toned leather brings something different.

20210926_073151.jpg

Starting out with the pod/tank, Eleaf changed things up a bit with the GTL that at first glance looks like your standard pod as so many company's use and it is for the most part.

The 4.5ml capacity is good and coils are a push in type that can go into the pod any way, there are no flat spots that need to line up.

Filling the pod is done as most through the bottom by popping open a rubber plug, some pods can be a pain getting the plug to open having no place to get a good grasp but the plug on the GTL has a little bit of a lip cut into it making it very easy to slip a fingernail into and the rubber is much beefier than most others assuring a long lifespan.

There are 3 magnets that hold the pod into the 510 adaptor that attaches to the device, they hold the pod in well but I would have liked to see 4 instead of 3.

There is a small drop symbol on the plugs position that pops open with a arrow pointing to it under the open marking. Even the attachment point of the plug is beefier than most.

20210928_134051.jpg

There's a feature that the 510 adaptor has that is a very nice one, if you have Voopoo PNP and TPP pods, the pods are interchangeable with one another and fit inside the adaptor just fine, just the pods ( not the coils ).

Airflow is the other different feature on the GTL pod, it has dual airflow slots that have the cyclops opening for both slots as all do but also has 5 small holes all of which are the same size.

I really like the additional holes for a more precise airflow adjustment that also adds a little bit more warmth to the vape.

You can mix the holes into the cyclops slot as well to further tailor the airflow adjustment. This is the fist time I have used the GTL pod and although it's on the loud side I really like it.

The supplied coils are a 0.4Ω mesh rated for ( 20-30w ) and a 0.8Ω round wire rated for (12-18w ). I really like the 0.4Ω coil for flavor ( very good ) but the 0.8Ω coil unless used in a RDL vape is a wasted coil in my opinion.

You can't get a good MTL vape from the GTL pod because the mouthpiece opening is to wide and it's built into the pod so it can't be changed for a more narrow one, Another 0.4Ω coil should have been included instead of the 0.8Ω coil.

The leather wrap of both colors really make the device stand out and bring such a upscaled very classy look to it.

The leather is very soft and has some cushion feel to it, stitching is very well done as well. On one side of the device I POWER is printed while ELEAF is printed on the other side where the charge port is located.

Instead of using block styled lettering Eleaf decided to use a hand written signature look on the device, it's very small as you can see but in still not sure that I agree with the look, some days I like it other days I don't.

20210928_125334.jpg

20210928_131546.jpg

20210928_125433.jpg

The mods 510 connection is off centered but works in the looks department, I don't know if it being centered would make that much of a difference.

The 510 pin has a good amount of travel to it but every atomizer that I put on it had the tiniest gap, you really have to hold it up and look for it to see it so no big deal I just need to mention it.

The end opposite the 510 slopes down and is rounded like every corner on the device making it very comfortable holding in any position.

20210926_113535.jpg

The bottom plate of the device is held in place with 3 screws and has 3 battery ventilation holes, what's nice is ELEAF made a very small indentation in the bottom plate where the ventilation holes are located which helps prevent any liquid from entering the device if say it was set down on a table that had condensation from a drink.

20210926_113337.jpg

The leather wrap travels around the device almost, completely covering the spine and has that rich leather feel to it, I'm not sure that it's real leather but it sure feels like it is.

20210928_133756.jpg

For you folks that use temperature control this device is a no go having only wattage, smart wattage and Voltage modes to choose from.

I do have a issue with the Smart Wattage feature in this device and I'll explain why, Smart Wattage is supposed to place you in a safe recommended wattage without being higher than the maximum wattage for the coil being used.

In Smart Wattage mode when a coil is detected it does place you in a safe recommended wattage and should not let you exceed the maximum wattage for that coil but the Power 2 will allow you to go to the maximum wattage of this device 80 watts. ( NOT VERY SMART ) so don't think it's going to stop you from exceeding the maximum wattage for a coil.

Regular Wattage mode works just fine with a instant fire needing no ramp up time or pre-set needed.

There are 4 accent colors for the display screen to choose from Blue, Green, Purple and Red and they are vibrant and deep as well as being bright. Font size could be bigger because I struggle to see the puff counter at times.

20210928_132819.jpg

DISPLAY SCREEN LAYOUT

* Battery Bar

* Lock/Unlock Symbol

* Wattage/Voltage

* Animation Meter

* Mode

* Ohms

* Puff Counter

* Seconds Vaped

The main features of this device is the 5000mAh Internal Lipo battery, killer looks and being very lightweight for it's size. Being able to switch between Voopoo pods is also a very big plus, I wish you could swap coils though because I really like mixing the airflow settings with the combination of holes and the cyclops slot on the GTL pod. Don't get me wrong the GTL coils are very good but I think the PNP coils are better.

I will tell you that this battery will far exceed your expectations because it has mine. Remember this is a simple wattage/voltage only device with a pod that performs very well and carrying outside is no problem because it's fairly lightweight.

Menu operation is another plus because it's so easy to navigate it.

MENU

* On/off - 5 Quick Presses Of The Fire Button

* Wattage Adjustment Lock/Unlock - 3 Quick Presses Of The Fire Button

* Stealth On/Off - Press The Fire Button And The Down Button Simultaneously

* Get Into The Menu - Press And Hold The Up And Down Buttons Simultaneously

* Once In The Menu Use The Up And Down Buttons To Move Along And The Fire Button To Open The Selection You Chose

I would like to give a thumbs up to Eleaf on the development of the Power 2 Kit but a thumbs down on the Smart wattage feature, you should not be able to exceed the maximum wattage rated for the coil when in Smart mode.

Although now being used primarily as my only vape device in the time I had it during testing the battery just last and last, I was able to get 512 vapes using the 0.4Ω mesh coil before the battery was depleted.

20210926_144216.jpg

Looks wise I think it's gorgeous and performance has been great aside from the Smart feature, flavor on the 0.4Ω mesh coil was very good and that's primarily the only coil I used because the mouthpiece of the GTL pod prevented me from getting a good MTL vape from the 0.8Ω coil, They should have included a 2nd 0.4Ω mesh coil instead.

With the 2 shortcomings aside I will tell you that I will continue using the Power 2 because I really love how attractive it is.

I would like to thank Joyi and Sourcemore for providing the Power 2 Kit for the purpose of this review and I hope that I answered all your questions .

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Nice review, Bob. You’re right, it’s a looker! And for what it’s worth, I like the script logo. It’s less in your face.
    It really is super attractive, today I'm with you on the script logo, I'm up and down on liking it but at least they did something different.

• Agree
    Reactions: NolaMel
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread