Eleaf istick tw40 and aspire nautilus 2 tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassie0488

Apr 2, 2018
Hey guys,
So previously I have had a kangertech mod paired with a smok tank and I didn’t like how large and loud that was. So I bought a sourin air and liked it except there was not enough smoke output for me and I was burning through the pods very quickly. So, i got an aspire breeze and the tank cracked. They don’t sell replacements, so I decided I wanted to look for a mini mod. I went to my local vape shop and ended up getting an eleaf istick tw40 and pairing it with the aspire nautilus 2 tank. I primed it and started on a low wattage and have changed the tank but it has always tasted burnt to me since my first hit. I have tried three different juices and they all taste the exact same out of my rig. I was wondering if anyone has tips or anything on whether it would be the mod or the tank causing these issues and if it is just the tank or the mod what other options would work best? Thank you!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um, did you create two topics on the same post? It's looking familiar. I would suggest asking the mods to merge your threads, if you did (sometimes it looks like the post isn't showing up, but it eventually does. You could summon a moderator to your aid (e.g. @ followed by the name of the mod) like "at symbol" Classwife, or Robino 1, and they will merge your threads.

I don't like to make that decision for others, so I won't summon them. However, it's really best to get al your answers in one thread, so the waters don't get muddied, and ECF requests no dual posts on the same issue, for that reason, I'd assume as well as just keeping things neat and tidy.

If I'm incorrect and you are a second person, I apologize, I think I answered in your first thread, and the answer was, we need more information in order to help you.

Welcome again.

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I went to my local vape shop and ended up getting an eleaf istick tw40 and pairing it with the aspire nautilus 2 tank. I primed it and started on a low wattage and have changed the tank but it has always tasted burnt to me since my first hit. I have tried three different juices and they all taste the exact same out of my rig. I was wondering if anyone has tips or anything on whether it would be the mod or the tank causing these issues and if it is just the tank or the mod what other options would work best? Thank you!
It probably isn't the mod. The mod is only supplying electrical current to the tank. Unless you are setting a wattage setting too high for the coils you are using, or using the wrong mode (power or wattage mode vs TC temp control), the mod isn't your problem.

Sometimes some trial and error is involved in getting any new tank to perform optimally. The correct wattage and mode of power output must be used appropriately. Coils need to be primed correctly before putting them into the tank. A lower wattage setting should be used initially to "break in" the coil correctly; once the new coil is "broken in" (ie half a tank full) you can adjust the wattage higher to your normal "sweet spot". You may need to experiment with the air control ring.

A lot of times, when using a clearomizer, it’s honestly the coils fault. Though manufacturers do a stand up job on manufacturing pre-made coils, we know that everyone is not perfect, and even an inspection crew at the facility won't catch every bad coil. With this being said, it’s very possible that sometimes you’ll come across a bad coil or even a batch of bad coils. Being that manufacturers do sometimes make mistakes, we highly recommend when buying any atomizer or clearomizer that you purchase extra coils for these exact moments.

Having said that, I'm a firm believer that not all the tanks in a manufacturer's lineup perform the same. Quite often, the original tank is a better performer than those subsequent in the manufacturer's lineup. For example, I think the original Crown tank from Uwell is a better tank than the Crown 2, 3, or Valarian. I suspect the original Aspire Nautilus is a better tank than the Nautilus 2. The following video reviews seem to point in that direction of thought:

review of the Nautilus 2 starts at 20:30

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I ran my nautilus coils at between 7--10 ish watts. They do need to be primed and babied a bit, they do need to be wicked well (when I was at close to max VG, I developed a bit of an "inhale for a few seconds after the fire button ends to keep things moving and wicking better.)

I haven't encountered a "bad" coil yet, but I do check they are authentics.

I didn't enjoy the Nautilus after trying the N2. I will say, it leaked like a sieve and I think it was authentic, but I was not 100% sure. Honestly, I had little motivation to "work" on the leak because to me, it vaped like what it was, a bigger kind of "older" tank that vaped like an older, overly large tank ,not great flavor and kind of lacking an immediate vape. Those were my impressions however, it's hard to really develop some as your tank is literally leaking like a sieve so original Nautilus, meh, although honestly, I think (I do at least) develop a bit of love and attachment for the tank that got me to quit, which was an N2. It's got its own host of problems and now that I've vaped a while, it's pretty rare for me to use it anymore, but it was priming well and humming along at pretty close to max VG, so I gotta give it props. I think some of it's "disadvantages" (the bell cap that overheats the tank, the true capacity of 1.7 if you use the fill line) do also offer "you can drop this sucker" and I sure did, as well as "small tanks give better flavor) although there are plenty of tanks that use that coil that offer both better flavor (the Kaubki) and better capacity (Kabuiki, etc.) and all that.

But, I'd suggest working on your priming process and getting those coils working well for you and etc. It is entirely possible that you got a bad batch of coils, so if you have a different box, or even a different resistance coil that came with the tank, try that. And really, really start your priming "puffs" at 0 wattage, working up in 2--3 watt increments until you hit your sweet spot. I'd say open the airflow wide open while priming, too, even if you close it down some later.

Anna

• Useful
Reactions: Baditude

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
I suspect the original Aspire Nautilus is a better tank than the Nautilus 2.

I have both. Original 5ML Nautilus is not better in any regard. Flavor is extremely poor .... I will say the worst from all tanks I have. Nautilus2 with BVC 0.7ohm fresh coil provides the best flavor from all tanks I have..... even much better than hyped on this forum SXK Doggystyle. Only Siren2 when perfectly coiled and wicked can match great flavor and quiet smooth draw of N2.

Original 5ML Nautilus tank leaks , gurgle and is whisitling all the time. Nautilus 2 do not leak and very rarely gurgle. I have 2 N2s and both give me great vape. All those horror stories about leaking, coils sticking to chimney, problems with unscrewing bell when refilling are due to overtightening of coil and bell.

Janusz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread