The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Eleaf iTap pod system review by stratus.vaping

Discussion in 'Standard E-Cigarette Reviews' started by stratus.vaping, May 9, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. stratus.vaping

stratus.vaping Super Member ECF Veteran

Eleaf iTap Pod system.
    Review by stratus.vaping

Eleaf provided me with the device, but I always try to give a realistic review, usually after a week or two of daily use. I tend to give a “real user” review rather than delving into the numbers, others do that much better than I can. I normally use a well known premium e-liquid for all my reviews, it’s high VG, zero Nic and uses fruit flavourings with complex flavour notes, I know how it tastes in many devices and with varied settings, in that way I can try to judge how good a device is at releasing subtle flavours.

The iTap is another very light and small pod system; 42.7g, 102.3mm tall and 20mm wide. What’s fairly unusual about the iTap is the ability to adjust airflow and replace the coils- the GS Air 1.6 Ohm 5-10W with SS wire that has dry burn protection built in, a tech also used in the Joyetech Grip and an additional Kanthal GS Air 0.75 Ohm 8-25W coil that provides more vapour.

[​IMG]

There’s only one button to fire and turn on and off, an LED and a USB connector for charging, simple and sleek. Very easy to slip into a pocket.

An 800mAh battery and a maximum 30W output, 2ml capacity in the EU TPD version, bottom fill, three colour battery charge indicator (a bit more granular than some, which is good) and a choice of blue, silver and black colours complete the picture.

In use

It’s light that’s for sure, but it doesn’t stand up very well, it’s a bit top heavy when filled- a personal con, it hasn’t leaked lying down but I just prefer to stand devices up!

[​IMG]

Filling the pod is easy, the plug doesn’t leak. The iTap vapes very well for such a small thing, the big surprise for me was the adjustable airflow ...

[​IMG]

... adjusted with a knurled ring on the bottom of the pod. I was able to MTL and obtain an acceptable restricted DTL too. It works very well, air intake is via two small slots on the main battery unit just below the pod, visible in the above image.

Flavour is reasonable for a pod system, the airflow system and coil choice help to get the amount of vapour you need. I have not experienced any gurgling or leaking, something that irritates me in pod and cartridge systems. The low TPD 2ml capacity is the trade-off for the small size, you will need to carry liquid or a spare filled cart if you intend to use it all day. I managed full day use with a fully charged battery, but I didn’t hit the iTap hard nor very frequently, it was showing a Red LED by the end of the day that indicates 0-19% charge remaining. So don’t expect to chain vape this all day! Use salts if you need that level of Nic intake.

In the box:

[​IMG]

1 x iTap Battery

1 x iTap cartridge

1 x GS Air 1.6 Ohm coil (pre-installed in my sample)

1 x GS Air 0.75 Ohm coil

1 x USB cable

1 x User manual

Would I buy it? If I needed a very small slim vape for an evening out, yes. It’s genuinely shirt pocket sized.

More details on the Eleafworld website, priced at around $27.60 on the Eleaf direct store.

iTap - Eleaf electronic cigarette

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.