Eleaf Lemo RTA Pre Made Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'm not familiar with a Lemo RTA, but FastTech sells many different pre-wound coils, in a variety of wire types, many different ohms of resistance, and inside diameters. They're also very inexpensive, too, at about $3.46-$5.00/pack of 100. You just need to decide whether you want Kanthal, SS, etc.; the ohms you want; and choose a diameter that will definitely fit in the coil space in your Lemo. I buy my pre-wound coils from there, for my KFL+ shorty tanks and my Berserker RTAs.

There are some US vendors who also sell them, though the cost is considerly higher, and I've never seen one that has the variety that FastTech does.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think I purchased a Lemo Something on clearance that is an RTA . I haven't built mine yet but I don't see why you couldn't use premade coils in it like any other RTA. There isn't much difference really, other than perhaps, you are cutting out one step (physically making your coils, etc.) I do that fairly frequently all the time, although I also do make some of my own coils.

Best of luck,

Anna

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    They can be wrapped either direction.
    Instead of bending the legs to go through the deck holes, wrap the leads around the screw head (clockwise).
    26g is about the thickest that will work under the screw heads.

EDIT: Just pulled out the Lemo1. I wouldn't use that tank on a mech. The 510 pin doesn't protrude near enough for it to be safe on a mech.

I can't give a recommendation as I don't use tanks on a mech.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    You need an RBA for a mech mod, not an RTA is my understanding (caveat I am barely awake) but I think that's the case. You can use your lemo on any regulated mod though, yes, and if you want to use an RBA that you can also use premade coils in (many/most of them) well yes you can probably find something to your taste for that. Since I don't really know your tastes, or have used THAT many RBAs I'm not gonna try to give recommendations or anything..

Anna

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    I will try the kanger coils.
    Would you recommend another device to use the Lemo1 on?

The Lemo one is a Mouth to Lung tank for the most part. I have one around somewhere. I haven't dug it out to check but from what I remember it is bottom fill with a small hole on the base to fill. If you are getting a new regulated mod, I would go with an easier to build and use RTA for it.

What you get would depend on what you want and how much you are willing to spend. If you are MTL vaper as the Lemo might suggest. Get a single coil MTL RTA that is fairly easy to build on or simply get a MTL tank with factory drop in coils.

Any regulated MOD is going to work for the Lemo as the coils used in the Lemo are going to be pretty low Watt use.

• Useful
    Reactions: stols001

HarpoM

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2013
    oak view california
    I'm going to throw in a curve here.
    I have four 3.7V 2000mAh Lithium Ion Rechargable Batteries, and I would like to find a mod that can accomodate these batteries. I would also like to find an atomizer that I can purchase replacement coils for that will work with the mod I purchase.
    I'm very new to the MOD boxes (i've been using vpro batteries for years) and I would like to make sure I can find one that works for me, using the above criteria.
    Would you have any thoughts on what I could purchase?
    Sorry for the long (and I'm sure aggravating) posts.

Darren

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Don't buy batteries from Amazon or ebay like ever and well, I'm going to list some battery safety blogs that will tell you how the batteries are rated and like, um, how much wattage can safely be supplied by each battery and battery stuff generally. Approved manufaturers and vendors can be found in the last cell of Mooch's table on battery ratings I would link the chart but I have never successfully done so, but you can start with a little light reading and no, it doesn't all need to be done at once, etc..

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blogs/mooch.256958/

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/baditudes-blogs.7609/

Anna

Reactions: Beamslider

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco

Those won't work in vape mods. They are low AMP batteries for Flash light or other LED devices. Don't even try.

Get some from one of these two places.
    Liion Wholesale Batteries | Li-ion battery/cell distributor

Earth's #1 source for IMR 18650 Batteries, Chargers, Cases & Wraps | IMRbatteries.com

Flat top battery high AMP. You should be able to find the ones listed above there for around $5 to $6 each.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Let me clarify on those westinghouse batteries further since at some point you mentioned a Mech mod. If you try using those in a Mech mod they will most likely heat up rapidly and vent, maybe even blow up.

If you try using them in a regulated mod, the mod is not going to fire most likely and will complain about the batteries

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I have an original Eleaf Lemo RTA 1. Is it possible to purchase Pre-Coiled wire for this, or do I have to make my own coils?

Thanks so much
    Darren

I've been using Lemos for 3 years. I wind my own coils for them

If you're looking for pre-wound coils on FT they won't be sold as Lemo coils. Just coils. Reason being that a coil is just a coil and it can be used in a lot of different tanks. The info you need to find a suitable coil is the type of wire (I use SS), wire gauge (I use 28), size(I use 3mm), ohms (I use 1.2). There might also be a choice of how the legs lie. Some have the legs pointing in the same direction, some have them pointing away from each other. For the Lemo you want the second type.

It's not the easiest tank to put coils on, at least when you first start with it.

Once you get it figured out it's a decent tank and quite flexible in terms of how you use it. Has some problems. The airflow adjustment is a pain to adjust, and it's so loose that it tends not to stay where you put it. The 510 pin is supposedly adjustable but it's also loose and won't stay where you put it. There are ways around both of those problems though.

I may be wrong but I was getting the feeling later in this thread that you might be asking after drop-in coil heads rather than pre-wrapped coils. My apologies if I misread that. The terminology can be confusing and you did say you were new at this stuff.

• Useful
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread