Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello once again and welcome to today's review of the eleaf Mini istick 2 Kit that was provided to me from VAPESOURCING and can be purchased from them using this link below.
    Eleaf Mini iStick 2 Kit 1050mAh with GS Air 4 Tank
    All of you are going to really be surprised at the size of this device that has a internal 1050mAh battery and has a wattage range of 1-25 watts while offering 2 power modes being wattage or voltage making it a very simple easy to use device that has a couple of nice features as well as the GS AIR 4 tank that is in this kit, this tank offers dual airflow slots that use different sized holes as well as fully open slots. So without further delay lets check out this TINY kit in all it glory.

COLOR CHOICES

Eleaf_Mini_iStick_2_Kit_Colors.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE KIT

Mini-iStick-2-Kit-24.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

Mini-iStick-2-Kit-22.jpg

TANK COLORS ( SILVER-GUNMETAL ) 19MM

EleafGSAir4Tank20210709_2048x.png

TOP FILL

Eleaf_GS_Air_4_Tank_Top_filling.jpg

ALL-TIME STABLE TECHOLOGY ( AST )

Mini-iStick-2-Kit-17.jpg

Eleaf-GS-Air-4-Tank_(1).jpg

COMPATABLE WITH ALL GS AIR COILS

Eleaf_Mini_iStick_2_Kit_Compatible_Coils.jpg

TANK SPECIFICATIONS

Eleaf_GS_Air_4_Tank_Specification.jpg

MTL OR RDL AIRFLOW ( WITH AUTO DRAW )

Eleaf_GS_Air_4_Tank_Precise_Airflow.jpg

TANK BREAKDOWN

Eleaf_GS_Air_4_Tank_Overview.jpg

VERY TINY

Eleaf_Mini_iStick_2_Kit_Picture_1.jpg

Eleaf_Mini_iStick_2_Kit_Smaller.jpg

WATTAGE OR VOLTAGE MODE

Eleaf_Mini_iStick_2_Kit_VV_or_VW_mode.jpg

SMART COIL

Eleaf_Mini_iStick_2_Kit_Smart_Coil_Protection.jpg

MULTIPLE PROTECTIONS

Eleaf_Mini_iStick_2_Kit_Safety_Protections.jpg

MANUAL OR AUTO DRAW

Eleaf_Mini_iStick_2_Kit_Manual_and_auto_modes.jpg

TYPE-C WITH 2A FAST CHARGING ( 30 MIN TO FULLY CHARGE )

Eleaf_Mini_iStick_2_Kit_Fast_Charging.jpg

MOD AND TANK BREAKDOWN

Eleaf_Mini_iStick_2_Kit_Overview.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

I knew the device was going to be small but didn't know that it was going to be as tiny as it is and it's tiny folks. I had forgotten just how tiny the original Mini ISTICK was way back in the day, size is about the same as the original but this version 2 has a couple of nice features that wasn't even a idea back then. Packaging of this kit was done nicely.

20210821_071752.jpg

The first thing that I wanted to see was the supplied coils, you have now seen the device but still don't realize just how small it is. Coils are also small and both are mesh but the 0.8Ω coil is made from AST stainless steel rated at 8-15 watts while the 1.4Ω Kanthal mesh is rated for6-12 watts.

20210821_081056.jpg

Coils are screwed into the base and then the base is screwed on to the tank, don't forget to first prime the coil with a couple of drops of e-liquid and after connecting the base to the tank and filling let the tank sit for 5 minutes before vaping. Now you can see just how small the device is, heck 3 coils stacked on top of each other almost equal the height of the device. I put a standard toothpick in front for a size scale.

20210821_075334.jpg

The GS Air Tank has very large fill ports that accommodates any sized bottle tip or dripper, the top cap has a thick gasket that seals tightly. The 510 pin on the tank has a hole in it but it's not for squonking it's for the auto draw feature of this kit. The drip tip is a replaceable standard 510 and very comfortable to use so I saw no need to use one of my own. In combination with the Mini ISTICK 2 this tank can be used in auto draw.

20210821_084338.jpg

20210821_084123.jpg

The 510 top plate of the device is raised because that is where the tank gets it's air supply from, there is a very small gap but it's really not noticeable unless you are looking for it.

20210821_103619.jpg

The device sits flush on any flat surface and has 3 ventilation holes at the bottom that are slightly recessed on one side. The matt gunmetal color of the main body frame accents the green color of the mods wrap around cover.

20210821_103346.jpg

Eleaf made the name of the device and it's company name almost transparent by stealth printing both names on the device, you have to have the light catch it just right in order to see both names. I really like the effect it gives and I have seen it used before on other devices. One side of the device has ELEAF printed while the other side has MINI ISTICK 2.

20210821_094536.jpg

20210821_090930.jpg

Using the device has been a very pleasant experience and the GS Air 4 tank works well and both match up nicely. I decided to start out using the 1.4Ω MTL coil and found after activating the auto draw in the settings it worked well on the single smallest airhole setting of the dual slots but was just a bit tight for my liking, the airflow can really be tightened down for a tight MTL vape. I then tried 2 of the smallest holes open and found that I had to inhale deeply in order for the auto draw to kick in and sometimes it would just quit working until I inhaled deeper. I'll chalk that up to my MTL vaping style and not the auto draw.

The manual button works great and the 2 smallest holes open was my sweet spot using the fire button. I didn't get massive vapor using this coil but it's not intended to do so, what was produced more than satisfied me. Flavor was there but not fantastic although it did improve after about 2 refills of the tank so there is a bit of a break in of the coil.

My sweet spot for wattage using this coil is 11 watts and it lasted me all day with some power left in it the next day. Having 2A fast charging works great only needing 30 minutes to be fully charged back up again.

One thing I want to focus on is that this device has the smart feature that limits your wattage when using GS Air coils, the device will max out at 25w but only reaches 17.9 using the 1.4Ω coil, using the 0.8Ω coil it stops at 25 watts. The Mini also has a dry hit protection feature for AST COILS that can be turned on or off in the settings so remember to activate it.

Next to try was the AST 0.8Ω coil, so I started out at 12 watts fully open and found it to be more of a loose MTL vape than a RDL. Again flavor was not the best but after a couple refills of the tank flavor improved. Using it in RDL mode fully open or on any airflow setting the auto draw worked great and more vapor was produced also.

The front face of the device is clean with a large fire/power button at the top and has a rocker style adjustment button that has plus and minus symbols engraved on it, below that is the type-c charge port.

The display screen is fairly bright with sufficient sized fonts that are easy to read. There's not much information on the display screen but there really is no need for more than what is displayed. Displayed from the top to bottom is ohms reading, battery bar and wattage/voltage.

20210821_101655.jpg

MENU

* ON/OFF - 5 Presses of the fire/power button

* Power Modes and Settings - 3 Presses of the fire/power button to enter menu then adjustment buttons to scroll through Wattage, Voltage, Screen Stealth, Auto Draw

* Dry Proof Tech - Press the fire/power and plus buttons simultaneously

* Screen Flip - Press and hold the fire/power button and minus button simultaneously

* Adjustment Buttons Lock - Press and hold the plus and minus buttons simultaneously

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

I really like this tiny device because of it's appearance and size as well as having a auto draw function that only works when using the GS Air 4 tank.

If you plan on using another tank on the device know that the 510 pin is fixed and not spring loaded so your tank will more than likely have a sizable gap.

This tank in my opinion with the supplied coils is more of a MTL tank than can be very tight or very loose of a vape that should make most MTL vapers happy.

Because of it's very fast charging your down time will be short ( 30 min ).

I really like the stealth names of the device and company, it adds to the nice appearance in my opinion, sometimes less is better.

Overall I think Eleaf did a great job with the Mini ISTICK 2.

I would like to thank Ameon and VAPESOURCING for providing the Mini ISTICK 2 for the purpose of this review.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    Awesome thanks for the thorough review :) I was a big fan of the original mini, still have a few kicking around and the pico baby, Eleaf does tiny right and it looks like another tiny winner! I like the updated features and colors but especially that it still uses the GS air coils in the updated GS tank

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Awesome thanks for the thorough review :) I was a big fan of the original mini, still have a few kicking around and the pico baby, Eleaf does tiny right and it looks like another tiny winner! I like the updated features and colors but especially that it still uses the GS air coils in the updated GS tank
    Thank you I'm happy you liked it, I had forgotten just how tiny this baby was . I had an original as well.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    In Spain where I bought mine a few years ago you could get a GS Air similar in shape to their latest offering only it was bottom fill and had a plasticy band to control the air flow which I just used to take off. It was sold as a kit with an iStick 30w and I liked it a lot - hence my interest in the latest model.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread