Eleaf Pico - how to reset the puff counter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
I have recently purchased an eleaf pico 75. Installed the 1.03 firmware and now it has a puff counter - which I really like. But I don't know how to reset it back to 0, like at the end of the day. Anyone know?

fa0289e338d38d5d68e33a57cec861593663c3dd.jpg

Reactions: Cosmic_Glaze

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Good question.

this has perplexed me as well on several devices. Puff counters in general seem to be kind of like a device odometer. I would think it's to measure the life of a coil, but the inability to reset it though belies that. I'm just not sure. It's always been what seems like the least useful feature on any given device to me.

very interested if someone knows the answer to this.

Joakim Langborg

Aug 3, 2017
I'm using Arctic Fox on both my cuboid and my new Pico 25 but I'm a TC vaper and it's their it shine.

I'm only configure it to use two profiles, one for power and one for temperature control, setup as much as possible with the computer app and then just tweaks little bit on the mod.

Arctic Fox kinda convert your cheap mod to an expensive DNA mod. [emoji3]

Reactions: Unhooked

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Arctic Fox kinda convert your cheap mod to an expensive DNA mod. [emoji3]

Well... no, not in actuality.

The DNA board circuitry from Evolve runs at a much higher clock rate. This allows for a quicker response to temp changes and for the most part... greater accuracy of TC (especially as to overshoot).

But... AF does give us a very DNA-like control over user parameters, profiles, etc. making for a DNA-style user experience; as well as the utility of the PC based real-time monitor module for analysis. All excellent stuff. :)
I expect JT has been hard at work for months to fold at least some of the onboard control into future versions (they do love firmware updates ;) ).

Back on topic... I'm at a loss. A quick scan of the manual online didn't even find a mention of a puff counter and I don't recall one on any of my small screen (landscape) JT mods (I never use that feature)... and they're all on AF now so I can't even play with one to check. :D

Joakim Langborg

Aug 3, 2017
Well... no, not in actuality.

The DNA board circuitry from Evolve runs at a much higher clock rate. This allows for a quicker response to temp changes and for the most part... greater accuracy of TC (especially as to overshoot)...
Ofc your totally right. Think most ppl understand that you can't just change software so the hardware changed as well, but you get some of the DNA functions with Arctic Fox, little bit like running a Windows 10 or Apple launcher on an Android phone.

Back on topic... I'm at a loss. A quick scan of the manual online didn't even find a mention of a puff counter and I don't recall one on any of my small screen (landscape) JT mods (I never use that feature)... and they're all on AF now so I can't even play with one to check. :D

It came with the lastest firmware, guess they didn't update the manual but on the firmware page you can read about it, but unfortunately there is no function to reset puff and time counters in stock firmware.

Reactions: Jim_ MDP

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
It came with the lastest firmware, guess they didn't update the manual but on the firmware page you can read about it, but unfortunately there is no function to reset puff and time counters in stock firmware.

Ah... that explains it.
I actually just about quit playing around with my set-ups months ago and haven't kept up with my previous habit of tracking JT's frequent updates.
I even put off installing AF until a mere 8-10 weeks ago. :D

Ofc your totally right. Think most ppl understand that you can't just change software so the hardware changed as well, but you get some of the DNA functions with Arctic Fox, little bit like running a Windows 10 or Apple launcher on an Android phone.

I should have just left your comment alone. :oops:
I saw your "kinda", but juxtaposed with "expensive" I got on a roll and just couldn't stop myself. :p

For as much as I appreciate my budget level JTs, I think AF is great for breathing new life into the line(s).
(For me at least... they just work, almost always have. And I do think JT has played a large part in promoting updateability, even in the modestly priced sector. A large added value.)

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I gave up on that Arctic fox whatchamacallit. It won't recognize that my known genuine Pico 75 is connected, and I'm not jumping through config this and config that hoops like I'm installing Linux or OS/2 Warp.

When those pointy headed NFE Nerds figure out how to release a software application that installs itself and doesn't need a new build every weekend, I'll try it again maybe. I'm getting too old for all that ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread