Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Good evening Vapors, tonight I am reviewing the new Tessera 150w kit by eleaf. This kit was sent to me by the good folks at eleaf. I review based on what is given to me and its specifications, not by personal preference.

Ok, lets get to it!

The Specifications;

Size: 42mm*30.5mm*133.0mm
e-liquid capacity: 4ml
Battery capacity: 3400mAh
Maximum charging current: 2A
Thread type: 510 thread
Output wattage: 1-150W
Output voltage: 0.5-8V
Output mode: VW/RTC/TC(Ni/Ti/SS/TCR)
Resistance range: 0.05-1.0ohm (TC modes)
0.1-3.0ohm (VW/RTC mode)

Eleaf Tessera Kit with ELLO TS Atomizer comes with

1* Tessera box mod
1* ELLO TS Atomizer 4ml(with 1pc HW2 dual-cylinder0.3ohm head)

1×HW1 Single-Cylinder 0.2ohm Head
1×HW2 Dual-Cylinder 0.3ohm Head (pre-installed)
1×QC USB Cable
2×User Manuals
1* Warning card
1* Spare parts

The colors currently available are Green, Silver, Dazzling(rainbow), Red, and Black.

I have already reviewed the ELLO tank that came with the Pico 21700 so I really won't touch too much on the tank.

At first looking at the device it has a textured front and back of prisms that is unique to this device. It is extremely lightweight for having an internal battery and the size is actually smaller than the Smok Alien(height and width). The materials used are of a plastic composite and aluminum.
For those who do not care for devices Eleaf has used a Fire bar which is not noticeable from just looking at it(the firing bar is on the left side with Tessera printed at the bottom).
20180206_170647.jpg
20180206_170713.jpg
This device has good responsive firing and fits well in the hand. With the textured front/back its seems to let your fingers go where they need to.
With this device you have separate Up, Down, and Menu buttons located at the bottom right hand corner of the face. When performing any Menu options and changes instead of using the Fire bar to select you use the Menu button instead. The Menu button is also a good shortcut to put the device into Stealth mode instead of going into the Menu system itself.
The center 510 is capable of holding a 25 to 26mm atty without any overhang.
20180206_170801.jpg

When the device is powered off you can hit squeeze the Fire bar and it will display the RTC(real time clock) and date.
With the device powered on you also have the option to have the RTC as the predominate option on the screen or as a secondary option.
20180207_185206 (1).jpg

For those who like having the battery percentage on the display you get the battery bar as well.
The display itself is 1.45" with a TFT color screen.
20180206_170847.jpg
The Menu system is simple and gives the user 5 color options for the background color. Depending on what you want displayed and where is optional. Amps/Time/Puffs are all available options.
The Wattage is adjusted in whole increments which takes the time out of adjusting to the desired setting.
20180206_170854.jpg
20180206_170904.jpg
You have the option of locking in the resistance of the coil in TC mode, screen time out, preheat(you are allowed to set the preheat from 50w to 150w and the duration from 0 to 2 seconds)
ENU(when enabled will not allow the device to charge if the temperature is below 23f(-5c) or above 113f(45c).
Pressing the Up and Down button simultaneously will lock the buttons except for the Fire bar.
The Puff timeout gives you an option of 5, 10, or 15 seconds, or Off.

I did test out the TCR and TC modes except for the Ti since I didn't have any wire on hand. The tank used for Ni was the Freemax Scylla with a 0.25 ohm coil and the SS I used the Augvape Druga with a dual SS316l wire(5 wraps each ID 3mm)
With the Ni200 I used 0.0620 in TCR which gave a light vape at 30 watts and 420f. The Ni200 in TC mode seemed about the same, I didn't experience a fast or immediate rampup.
The SS in TCR mode I used 0.0093 which produced and a nice vape with 45 watts and 450f. In TC mode the SS worked just as well without any uses.
20180206_170726.jpg
This device is Firmware upgradable using either Windows or Mac and has a Reset button on the bottom of the device incase any issues after the upgrade. The device also supports 2 amp charging.

The 3400mah internal battery lasted approximately, using the ELLO tank with the H2 0.30ohm coil, 9 and half hours and was fully charged from dead to 100% in 1 hour and 55 minutes.

The Tessera has a small size with several features which can make for a good everyday use, a beginner device, or even as a backup device.

I thank you for your time for reading my review of the Eleaf Tessera and hope that it was helpful in knowing before buying.

Take Care, Vape Safe, and Vape Happy,

TonEeN

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Thanks for this awesome review, Tonee! I have been eyeballing this one, mainly because of the ability to lock the settings. I have really been missing that on recent mods. Nothing like that hit you get when your mod ramps up to 200w and you don't know it, lol. So you said the response time is good? Like, is there a slight ramp up time or does it fire immediately? I am strictly a wattage vaper and I HATE ramp up time!! :D

Reactions: Letitia

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Thanks for this awesome review, Tonee! I have been eyeballing this one, mainly because of the ability to lock the settings. I have really been missing that on recent mods. Nothing like that hit you get when your mod ramps up to 200w and you don't know it, lol. So you said the response time is good? Like, is there a slight ramp up time or does it fire immediately? I am strictly a wattage vaper and I HATE ramp up time!! :D
Thank you, I appreciate it.
I'm using it right now with a 0.15 Prince @86w and it fires quick.
9b2dcedcb3418ec02d58b9604acac874.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Okay that does it. I'm ordering one right NOW. But... Dazzling or that gorgeous green??? I have a pink Prince tank on my mag, so that's out, lol. Is the Ello tank no bueno? I ordred some of the HW1-C coils for a different tank and those will fit in the Ello, but I don't actually need another tank, especially if it's not a good one. :D

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I like the HW-1 better, it seems to have better flavor.
Just get a rainbow Prince on the Tessera.[emoji41]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I ended up ordering the full kit. :D The only rainbow tanks I have are a Sense Blazer and a SMOK Baby Beast, so I figured eh, why not? I do already have some ceramic coils for it, lol. Still on preorder, though, so the waaaaaaiting begins! :)

Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread