Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
mostlylinux.wordpress.com
Thanks for the link! Here's the study it references:

University of California - UC Newsroom | Electronic cigarettes require more suction

Sadly, the e-cigarettes they used were the Liberty Stix, Crown Seven's Hydro Kit, njoy, Smoking Everywhere's Gold Kit, and a VapCigs starter kit. I have no idea how these people determine which e-cigarettes to use, but they obviously don't do any research to find out what the most popular brands/models are. :(

Last edited:
LG,
Do you happen to have a link to the favorite brands on the planet? Now that would be something I would be interested in... and not just 'online' brands, but brick and mortar brands. I only say this because my contention would be that these are amongst some of the more popular brick and mortar brands, but are not necessarily geared towards 'vaper geeks' who might not think their online business model caters to what they are looking for...

Sebastian

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
LG,
Do you happen to have a link to the favorite brands on the planet?

Nope, sorry, but you can do your own searches online, or create some polls. :D

Now that would be something I would be interested in... and not just 'online' brands, but brick and mortar brands.

Brick and mortar brands are still rather a rare creature - at least in my area - and I'm in a city. I can imagine it's even more uncommon in outlying areas. Although in my neighborhood you can go to a truck stop to buy one brand of e-cigarettes, there are no stores dedicated to selling them here.

I only say this because my contention would be that these are amongst some of the more popular brick and mortar brands, but are not necessarily geared towards 'vaper geeks' who might not think their online business model caters to what they are looking for...

Can you explain what you mean by the part of your quote that I highlighted in green?

LG,
I was just curious how you came up with your 'most popular brands' statement.

Funny you say that about NY. New York happens to be a state where I have many a retail store. From Poughkeepsie, to Buffalo, to Salamanca, to Aurora. We have hundreds of stores I don't even know of because of non-disclosure from wholesalers.

If you check my past posts you can easily ascertain the explanation of your highlight in green.

CHM,
We have stores all over Michigan as well. Not as many as NY but still quite a few.

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
I was just curious how you came up with your 'most popular brands' statement.

Ah, that's from two months of intense reading of web pages, forum messages, and news articles, watching of video reviews, and chatting with e-cigarette users. In all that time and with all that interaction, the only ones I've heard of are NJOY and Smoking Everywhere, and none of the people I've talked to, watched, or read about use any of them, and neither do I. If I meet or read about or watch anyone who does, I'll try to remember to let you know. :laugh:

For a quick demonstration of popularity using your own brand compared to all the others, try these searches on YouTube:

Search for e-cigarette review = results 1 - 20 of about 2,700

Search for liberty stix review = No videos found for “liberty stix review”

I would think I'd see a popular brand reviewed on YouTube. ;)

Funny you say that about NY. New York happens to be a state where I have many a retail store. From Poughkeepsie, to Buffalo, to Salamanca, to Aurora. We have hundreds of stores I don't even know of because of non-disclosure from wholesalers.

Do you have a list of all your locations somewhere? I couldn't find one on your site. :(

Truth be told, though, I probably wouldn't buy your electronic cigarette unless I had to, though. Please don't take offense at that. For all I know it's a very nice electronic cigarette. :D

I just happen to be one of those people who would rather use a common product that I can get anywhere than an exclusive one I can only get from a specific manufacturer, and from what I'm seeing all over the internet, lots of others agree with that approach. With the common product I can shop around for the best deal, and if something should happen to make my regular supplier not able to provide me with the product, I have lots of other alternatives out there. :headbang:

I also prefer full disclosure so that I know exactly what parts I'm getting and whether they're interchangeable or adaptable with other electronic cigarette parts, chargers, etc. I wasn't able to find anything on your site that told me what kind of batteries and atomizers you offer and whether they'd work with my existing equipment. If, however, you were selling 510s or 808s or 901s, I'd have a point of reference to work with. :)

If, however, buying electronic cigarettes online becomes illegal and it's legal for you to set up a shop near me and you do, then I will become a devoted customer for life. :banana:

If you check my past posts you can easily ascertain the explanation of your highlight in green.

I'll try. I would appreciate an explanation, though. :?:

P.S. Completely unrelated, but I can't help noticing that the ticker in my sig says that it's been 1 month 4 weeks since I quit smoking and I am highly confused by that. Shouldn't that be two months? :laugh:

Most of the people doing reviews either want free product or work for the company they are reviewing. I don't give out free product, and I don't feel the need to have someone do a review, in house.

Additionally, you mentioned not ever hearing of Overstock.com..... They get like 15MILLION hits a month on their website and up to like 40 million a month during the holidays. Liberty Stix is the only brand still on their site....(there used to be many many more).

Search electronic cigarettes on Overstock Liberty Stix is 1 of 1. Although they haven't put up Eagle Edition Starter kits and cartridges yet only because it's a whole new line of skus etc. There are reviews up there btw.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I found this thread amusing. It reminded me of my years of purchasing stereo equipment personal computers. The vast majority of people would go out and buy some manufacturers "kit", be it stereo or PC. For the masses, these "were" always rated for overall consumer value and certainly most sold were within this business model.

Then you had, as Sebastian pointed out, the Stereo and PC geeks. The majority of those posting on this and other forums I have visited are in this group. A piece here, a piece there, another one over there and we have what we're looking for. Everyone has an opinion on what is best, but deep down inside, We know we have come up with the best possible group of products.

In the end that is the beauty of any market. It's great to be the best at providing integrated systems because the vast majority doesn't want to research, they just want an answer. It's also great being the best at providing components because you develop loyal, consistent customers.

Such should be America.

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
Most of the people doing reviews either want free product or work for the company they are reviewing.

How do you know this? My impression, from watching many reviews, is that the reviewers pay for the products they review, and aren't paid by the companies that make the products. Am I being gullible to believe them? :(

I don't give out free product, and I don't feel the need to have someone do a review, in house.

That's understandable. :)

Additionally, you mentioned not ever hearing of Overstock.com..... They get like 15MILLION hits a month on their website and up to like 40 million a month during the holidays. Liberty Stix is the only brand still on their site....(there used to be many many more).

That's one 457th of the world population of 6,860,864,630, so it's less than one percent of the world population, but maybe that's not too bad in the grand scheme of things. :D What happened to the other e-cigarette companies that used to be on that site?

Search electronic cigarettes on Overstock Liberty Stix is 1 of 1. Although they haven't put up Eagle Edition Starter kits and cartridges yet only because it's a whole new line of skus etc. There are reviews up there btw.

Cool! :cool: Hopefully they'll grow in popularity and we'll see reviews on YouTube and in ECF from people who use the same products we use for comparison. :headbang:

Last edited:

HeatherC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2010
New York
I was a little confused. That USA today article really has no info in it. And all I have to say about the UC Study is HUH?? I guess the fact that to spite battery die downs and constant battery changes...the fact that I'm nearing 52 days 100% tobacco free is a fluke.
I was unable to stay 100% tobacco free on any of the other smoking cessation techniques I tried Chewing the gum...I'd still have at least 10 a day....chantix I never actually stopped smoking...the meds made me throw up....the nicotine inhaler just didn't deliver the thing I needed (what that was i really didn't know just knew I wasn't getting it) So hmmm interesting "scientific study" than would seem to me more science fiction that science fact....but then that's just my opinion and we all know what those are like.

LG,
Trust me on this. Alot of the reviewers are given free product. It's fact. Some have even had the audacity to email me a request for free product to do a video review. People from this forum as well.

As far as the other companies on Overstock.com, I can only speculate and I'm not going to bad mouth anyone. It's not in line with what I'd want done to me so I won't do it to them.

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
And all I have to say about the UC Study is HUH?? I guess the fact that to spite battery die downs and constant battery changes...the fact that I'm nearing 52 days 100% tobacco free is a fluke.

Yeah, LOL, there sure are a heck of a lot of us flukes on this forum and all over the world. :D

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
Trust me on this. Alot of the reviewers are given free product. It's fact. Some have even had the audacity to email me a request for free product to do a video review. People from this forum as well.

Hopefully the people who do that aren't the actual reviewers we've all come to know and love :wub:, but maybe just individuals who are trying for a freebie. I can at least say that I agree with the reviews done by the ones who reviewed products I've purchased, so at least they're honest. :D

As far as the other companies on Overstock.com, I can only speculate and I'm not going to bad mouth anyone. It's not in line with what I'd want done to me so I won't do it to them.

You're absolutely right. I shouldn't have asked. Sorry about that! :(

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
I don't mind that you asked, I just don't want to bash specific companies.

I think that's really admirable of you. :thumbs:

Oh and btw, your love of emoticons is unparalleled :)

Yeah, LOL :D, I do have a weakness for them. I've always had a thing for anything colorful, shiny, vibrant, animated, etc. I should probably change my nickname to Bling. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread