Apr 1, 2023

Method used when initiating complaint with retailer
Email

Ticket number (if you were issued one)
N/A

General nature of complaint
Customer Service

Briefly describe your problem or issue
I ordered a VooPoo VMate from them. It came in quick, but DOA with 3 different brands of batteries. I sent them an Email to return and they told me I had to upload a VIDEO showing them the issue before they would authorize the return. I guess they assume every customer is a 20-something youtuber. It's a process that is simply not worth the purchase price of the product. I can understand pics or return and we test before a refund, but this is a whole new level of bad customer service. Be aware that if you get a DOA product from them they will require this long drawn out return process. I suppose their intention is to make sure they keep the money and you simply give up. I will not be ordering anything from them again. Not worth it.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Sorry to hear about your experience.

Customer service isn't what it used to be, is it? It is a lost art.

I had a similar issue with another vendor. DOA mod. They asked for a video. I told them I was an older guy who has no clue how to do that (cough-cough). After some back and forth nonsense they ended up shipping a new mod.

I don't know, maybe tell Element Vape the same thing???

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
b-b-but . . .

get-off-my-lawn.jpg

:greengrin: :lol: :lol:

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
Supplier Negative Review

Name of retailer:

Element Vape

Date of your initial complaint to the supplier
Apr 1, 2023

Method used when initiating complaint with retailer
Email

Ticket number (if you were issued one)
N/A

General nature of complaint
Customer Service

Briefly describe your problem or issue
I ordered a VooPoo VMate from them. It came in quick, but DOA with 3 different brands of batteries. I sent them an Email to return and they told me I had to upload a VIDEO showing them the issue before they would authorize the return. I guess they assume every customer is a 20-something youtuber. It's a process that is simply not worth the purchase price of the product. I can understand pics or return and we test before a refund, but this is a whole new level of bad customer service. Be aware that if you get a DOA product from them they will require this long drawn out return process. I suppose their intention is to make sure they keep the money and you simply give up. I will not be ordering anything from them again. Not worth it.
This is the first time I've seen your post. I'm sorry you had to experience this.

I once received a wrong item (not ElementVape but another seller) and reported it, just asking the seller for a return shipping label. The supplier asked for a pic of the wrong item. At the time, around 2012, I didn't even have a cell phone yet, nor did I have a camera. I replied to him "get bent". He replied back that getting bent would be too painful, and gave me a refund without returning the item. It was only a small item in a larger order, not worth the price of return shipping by itself.

I don't ever want to suggest that people use the nuclear option casually, because if you do it can come back to attack your own credibility, and your credit, but you always have the option to charge back through your credit card company (the nuclear option). Even Paypal will back you up if you provide documentation of your email conversation back and forth with the seller, and a copy of your order transaction.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
They were my first terrible vape company experience And the first place I ever ordered anything from It was also the last time I ever ordered anything from them.

I had ordered two mods they arrived they were working until the 27th day which happened to be a Sunday. And at that time they had a 30-day warranty from the date of delivery. I emailed them immediately. They got back to me that Thursday after I had message them and wanted a video.

Well the thing was it was autofiring. I was a new vaper and I wasn't feeling very safe setting it up and staring at it waiting for it to start firing itself catch it on camera and hope that I can get the batteries out of it before something bad happens. But they insisted on that video.

So I gave it a go. And I did actually manage to capture it auto-firing and get the batteries out and toss the thing and the batteries outside just to be safe. It was incredibly warm.

So I sent the video to them and they told me that it was outside of the 30-day warranty. And I was like no I think your mistaken I it arrived on such and such date and I had it for 27 days before it went bad. And they got back to me and said no I contacted them on the 31st day and therefore there was nothing they could do.

I got out of calendar and took a screenshot of me counting down the days from my tracking number saying it arrived to the day I contacted them on a Sunday. Literally counting the days like I was talking to a kindergartener who could not count to 27 properly. Which is when they told me the first day I contacted them was Thursday when they got back to me. So they counted the 30 days warranty until they bothered to get back to me not the day I contacted them.

And I had had it with it by then and I was like whatever and I went to trust pilot and Better Business Bureau and all them and wrote nasty reviews because this is just asinine and mentioned that I was going to do a credit card charge back now that I had all this stuff to send my credit card company proving that they were not living up to their 30-day warranty. And pointing out that that means that no matter when you have a problem with your device If they just wait 30 days to get back to you you're outside of your warranty now and how silly that was.

Anyhow suddenly in my email appears someone considering themselves a manager who said sorry for all this we had a great misunderstanding and that they were processing my refund right away. And they did in the form of store credit and I did use that but other than that that's the last time I ever did business with them. At the time they were very highly rated people really liked them. And it's possible I just got hold of the biggest idiot that the place employed. But I honestly feel like they were just telling everyone to come up with any excuse possible to not refund.

Not to mention it is incredibly unsafe for them to instruct you to put batteries back in a mod that is autofiring and just leave it there until you catch it doing so. I mean if you lose your focus while sitting there for however many hours it might take for it to do it again if it ever does it again you could burn down your house. The batteries could go into runway and that would have been incredibly bad for the vaping industry as a whole.

Kevmak85

Sep 4, 2023
I completely agree with your sentiments regarding the frustrating return process you experienced with the VooPoo VMate. A customer-friendly return process is a fundamental aspect of good customer service. In contrast, companies like Walmart have earned a positive reputation by simplifying their return policy and making it more customer-centric. For instance, Walmart typically accepts returns with a receipt within 90 days of purchase for most items, which provides customers with a reasonable timeframe to assess their purchases. They also offer a hassle-free, no-questions-asked return policy for many products, making the process straightforward and customer-friendly. Such policies enhance the overall shopping experience and promote customer satisfaction, which is something that other companies should consider to build trust and loyalty with their customers.

Users who are viewing this thread