FDA Eliminating Youth Electronic Cigarette and Other Tobacco Product Use: The Role for Drug Therapies; P

Status
Not open for further replies.

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
What the...........what? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I want to know.....those who are completely buying into all this.....why....what happened to them that they seem to have lost ALL recollection of what it was like to be a teenager? I know there was absolutely nothing any adult to could tell me that would dissuade my own poor reckless judgment. The teens that do "experiment" or "use" or whatever term they want to use....just....no. Nothing a "no nothing" adult (let alone government) can do to scare them. It just increases the enticement. *sigh They continue to bring so much awareness to it and it is like a magnet for those kids trying to find their own way into adulthood (cause we all know they think they are just like adults at way too young an age...lol).

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Not willing to download, anything new or just ssdd?

Here ya go:

"II. Purpose and Scope of the Public Hearing

FDA is holding a public hearing to obtain the public's perspectives on the potential role drug therapies may play in the broader effort to eliminate youth e-cigarette
and other tobacco product use, as well as the appropriate methods and study designs for evaluating youth e-cigarette cessation therapies and the safety and efficacy of such therapies. The Agency has determined that a public hearing is the most appropriate way to ensure public engagement on this issue, which is of great importance to the public health. FDA believes it is critical to obtain input across the medical and research fields, the pharmaceutical and tobacco industries, and among public health stakeholders (including adolescents) regarding approaches to eliminate youth e-cigarette and other tobacco product use, including exploring whether there is a need for drug therapies to support youth e-cigarette cessation, and if so, how FDA can support the development of such therapies."

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Not willing to download, anything new or just ssdd?
Scheduled to be published on Monday 11/5. It is a notice of public hearing to be held at the FDA on ideas on how to help the 'chillin' to not become addicted to nicotine by using ecigarettes. Public is free to attend or comment on their website when link is available.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Here ya go:

FDA is holding a public hearing to obtain the public's perspectives on the potential role drug therapies may play in the broader effort to eliminate youth e-cigarette
and other tobacco product use, as well as the appropriate methods and study designs for evaluating youth e-cigarette cessation therapies and the safety and efficacy of such therapies. The Agency has determined that a public hearing is the most appropriate way to ensure public engagement on this issue, which is of great importance to the public health. FDA believes it is critical to obtain input across the medical and research fields, the pharmaceutical and tobacco industries, and among public health stakeholders (including adolescents) regarding approaches to eliminate youth e-cigarette and other tobacco product use, including exploring whether there is a need for drug therapies to support youth e-cigarette cessation, and if so, how FDA can support the development of such therapies."
Thank you keela.

:)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Here ya go:

So pushing BP to save the kids eh? Proof they don’t give a crap about kids, just $$$.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Is Gottlieb having a panic attack or is he flipping out? It has seemed obvious to me that the public health establishment desparately wants to keep the status quo, vaping is gone and cigarettes remain for sale the same as always. If they want kids to smoke then hand out free cigarettes like they did when I was a kid. So now they consider giving kids drugs to counter nicotine? Now THAT'S sick.

I didn't just get off cigs 4 years ago. Today I walk briskly for 80 minutes 5 days a week, 3-5 60 minute cardio sessions and 3 40 minute lifting sessions per week. I'm doing a diet that's equally hard core and got me down to my highschool weight and waist line and keeps me there. None of that would be happening without quitting smoking and that would not have happened without vaping. BTW I'm no spring chicken. These people are awful, unbearable. Trump has more swamp to drain.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Reads like story lines for 1984...

Seriously, why the push to drug "the children" over a mostly "social" issue?

Yeah... I have seen this type of Dogma, Using Drugs to Stop Drug Use, many times before.

And it usually comes in the form of some Big Pharma publication.

"2. FDA BP is interested in whether there is a population of youth e-cigarette users who would
be likely to benefit from the use of drug therapies for e-cigarette cessation."

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2018-24126.pdf

Last edited:

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
It's all for the children, children must be the new euphemism for BT, BP and corrupt government.

I find it extremely aggravating every time they refer to e-cigarettes as tobacco.
"While this hearing is focused on the topic of e-cigarette use among youth, as e-cigarettes are currently the most commonly used form of tobacco in this population..."

I will listen to the podcast https://collaboration.fda.gov/ptc120518

Reactions: Letitia

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Yeah... I have seen this type of Dogma, Using Drugs to Stop Drug Use, many times before.

And it usually comes from in the form of some Big Pharma publication.

I find it hard to believe they think drug therapy will get kids to quit using e-cigs. Smoking cessation drugs only work if the person wants to quit smoking. I would guess most vaping kids either don't want to quit, or they're not addicted and could quit anytime they want to.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I find it hard to believe they think drug therapy will get kids to quit using e-cigs. Smoking cessation drugs only work if the person wants to quit smoking. I would guess most vaping kids either don't want to quit, or they're not addicted and could quit anytime they want to.

Oh I'm sure the BP Funded Studies will say that it works.

And does it really even matter if it Works or Not? As long as you have willing Buyers, that is what is Important.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Willing sheep would be the correct term imo. Of course give your kids drugs instead of grounding them for a month and making them do volunteer work to keep them busy and show them end result of abusing your body long term.
Of course, they want the easy way out.....let the drugs/someone else be the bad guy and give guidance. Completely wrong guidance, but hey it makes them feel better to pass the buck thinking they did something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread