Eliquid dilution question + where to buy nic

Status
Not open for further replies.

cumuluslimbus

Dec 29, 2010
Australia
Hi All.

1) I've got a few 30ml bottles where i botched and ordered 18mg/ml.
I'm more comfortable closer to 10/12mg

I can probably eyeball it, as I know adding another 30ml of 0 nic would end up in 9mg.

But most calculators I found are really not suitable for simple dilution, they have percentage of pg/vg/flavours/water, and don't allow you to enter the amount you have, but what you want.

Are there any online calcs, specifically for the simple task of diluting?

2) Looking for a cheap nic supplier.
I'm in Australia, so most if not all US suppliers overcharge.
there are some OK New Zealand suppliers, but i found their nic is overpriced.
I'm just looking on adding some nic to my leftover 0 nic juices after the dilution, so shipping is a big factor.

What i'm looking is for free shipping/cheap shipping chinese suppliers (like fasttech)
I don't mind using dekang or similar, as I prefer a company that makes millions of bottles to hundreds. IMO.

anyone has any?

Thank you.

Reactions: stols001
G'day Casual. The best shipping I've found for nic etc to Oz is My Freedom Smokes (US) Electronic Cigarettes | E-Liquids or Hiliq (China) HiLIQ - Wholesale E Cigarette Liquid , Best eliquid for sale, Top eliquid for sale,Buy E liquid nicotine wholesale"HILIQAUSSIE" for 15% discount.
A set of digital scales, if you can set up properly, can help you out with that situation a lot. You get what you pay for too, so, going cheap may not be your best option in either purchase you make.....

You asked the same question last week mate. Find nothing cheap enough?

Last edited:

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Hiliq will be cheapest, and Ive used them in the past

Also worth considering are:

Vapers Tek

Recently had success in helping getting the freight price dropped for Aussies - they had a website bug as we found out that never showed all freight options, and now fixed. They do great nic, and I'll be ordering my next batch from them, just to try something different.

LiquidBarn

My last order was from them. Very smooth nic, extremely well packaged and sealed. Happy to recommend them.

Both these two have around equal high quality nic, a step up from hiliq.

Your choice quality vs price....

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

cumuluslimbus

Dec 29, 2010
Australia
G'day Casual. The best shipping I've found for nic etc to Oz is My Freedom Smokes (US) Electronic Cigarettes | E-Liquids or Hiliq (China) HiLIQ - Wholesale E Cigarette Liquid , Best eliquid for sale, Top eliquid for sale,Buy E liquid nicotine wholesale"HILIQAUSSIE" for 15% discount.
A set of digital scales, if you can set up properly, can help you out with that situation a lot. You get what you pay for too, so, going cheap may not be your best option in either purchase you make.....

You asked the same question last week mate. Find nothing cheap enough?
HILIQ is about $15, so way too much for my purpose.
I don't mind cheap nic. i don't think anyone can get it wrong.

on top of that my order was from HILIQ, their peach flavour, is astringent, almost like asopropyl alcohol, i think something went wrong there, it's unvapeable, even diluted with pg/vg.

Their Vanilla custard, tasted fine on the first drag, after that every single hit tasted like burnt caramel.. maybe too much sugar or whatever the sweetener is. no good either..

I used to vape dekang back in the day, never had this crap experience with them..

cumuluslimbus

Dec 29, 2010
Australia
Hiliq will be cheapest, and Ive used them in the past

Also worth considering are:

Vapers Tek

Recently had success in helping getting the freight price dropped for Aussies - they had a website bug as we found out that never showed all freight options, and now fixed. They do great nic, and I'll be ordering my next batch from them, just to try something different.

LiquidBarn

My last order was from them. Very smooth nic, extremely well packaged and sealed. Happy to recommend them.

Both these two have around equal high quality nic, a step up from hiliq.

Your choice quality vs price....

thanks, too big bottles though, I'm not trying to make my own juice, but add a bit to a few leftovers. thanks for the info though.

Vaperstek is US$28 postage!!!

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
thanks, too big bottles though, I'm not trying to make my own juice, but add a bit to a few leftovers. thanks for the info though.

Vaperstek is US$28 postage!!!
Dude USD$28 postage is prolly as cheap as you'll find for US freighted quality nic....before my intervention it was double that...

We're from 2 different worlds I fear. I seek cheap too, but you get what you pay for. I see a rough experience (and taste) ahead for you if ridiculously cheap is your only consideration...

cumuluslimbus

Dec 29, 2010
Australia
Dude USD$28 postage is prolly as cheap as you'll find for US freighted quality nic....before my intervention it was double that...

We're from 2 different worlds I fear. I seek cheap too, but you get what you pay for. I see a rough experience (and taste) ahead for you if ridiculously cheap is your only consideration...

everyone has a different budget mate. I was clear in the OP i was looking for fasttech kinda place. I'm not looking nor want US nic. thanks for the input though..

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I can't think of any other options than those listed above for buying nicotine liquid. (HiLiq / US / NZ).

The only other thought is, do you know anyone who lives close to you who does DIY? Perhaps you could buy a smidge of nicotine off them or go 'halves' in an order?

Last edited:

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
everyone has a different budget mate. I was clear in the OP i was looking for fasttech kinda place. I'm not looking nor want US nic. thanks for the input though..
For the record I am no toff..probably have the most, or if not close to, restricted budget of any vaper I know. I'm just careful about what I inhale, so saving up to buy decent nic, which I currently am, is also about safety....

Appreciate you may have a different point, just like others, not wanting you to be disappointed and end up with crud. Seen way too many times in vaping people buying "cheap" nic, then buying another "cheap" nic when the first doesn't pan out, when buying decent from day one would have been cheaper, and less months of mucking about.

No one's going to recommend ultra cheap and nasty on here I think you'll find

That is all

HILIQ is about $15, so way too much for my purpose.
I don't mind cheap nic. i don't think anyone can get it wrong.

on top of that my order was from HILIQ, their peach flavour, is astringent, almost like asopropyl alcohol, i think something went wrong there, it's unvapeable, even diluted with pg/vg.

Their Vanilla custard, tasted fine on the first drag, after that every single hit tasted like burnt caramel.. maybe too much sugar or whatever the sweetener is. no good either..

I used to vape dekang back in the day, never had this crap experience with them..
Keep with the chinese ones then Casual.
Good luck.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Uh, you can go wrong with nic. You can. Just make sure what you are getting is USP grade or whatever the alternative is with your nic.

You say you only need a small amount and many of the good vendors will send a sample for the cost of shipping which admittedly in your case well, it may be more than you want to spend. I think that Fasttech does have smaller quantity nic only IIRC. You'd have to do a search.

Honestly though it almost sounds like you might want to set those juices aside, and just buy premade eliquid in the strength you want. Perhaps saving 18 mg/ml for a tank for those high stress moments.

ALSO, you can dilute with either PG, VG or both, you don't actually need to buy nic at all. Granted, the flavor may mute SOME, but it may not be that much of an issue. I don't think you need nic at ALL, just dilute with PG and Vg and see what happens.

ALSO, there is a certain amount of wastage with vaping. You may just want to eat this one, you don't actually need every scrap of nic/ 0 mg flavor you can get your hands on. For example, I do not lick out the slight film of nicotine left over from when I mix, etc.

Not trying to be rude, but I think you are overcomplicating things a bit. Vaping is FAR less expensive than smoking ESPECIALLY in Australia. You really could just let it go and etc. Your choice of course, but those are kind of your "nic options" and etc.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I'm in NZ and looked around for nicotine etc. Here's a couple of NZ suppliers that ship to Aussie:

Vapeboss - unflavoured nicotine (100mg)

Mixology Vapes - unflavored Nicotine, pg/VG and flavouring concentrates

Soulblu - nicotine bases (from 6mg to 100mg)

Last edited:
    • Useful
    Reactions: Possum64

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    1) I've got a few 30ml bottles where i botched and ordered 18mg/ml.
    I'm more comfortable closer to 10/12mg

But most calculators I found are really not suitable for simple dilution, they have percentage of pg/vg/flavours/water, and don't allow you to enter the amount you have, but what you want.

Are there any online calcs, specifically for the simple task of diluting?
    I haven't seen anyone address your first question... so I'll take a stab at it. :)

First; there are two on-line calculators (that I know of) that will show dilution results. The down side is they are actually "combining" (of 2 or more e-liquids) calculators, so you can't set a target nicotine strength and they tell you how much you need to add. Instead, you will need to plug in multiple values until you hit your target (good old trial & error). They are:
    E-Liquid Combining Calculator
    With this one; you would plug your values (highlighted yellow) in like this:
    upload_2018-6-27_18-23-7.png

Then, once the initial values are input, you must agree to terms of service (the first time; will appear where the upper green arrow is), and then click on "calculate." The result appears at the bottom (lower green arrow). Just keep adjusting the volume ("Amount") of the diluting liquid and recalculating, until you arrive at your target.

The second one is very similar; but much less busy. It is a set of simple calculators set up via Google Spreadsheets. It can be a little less intuitive, than the first; but it is also cleaner:

Edit:
    I tried to edit this post and ended up corrupting the rest of it.:facepalm: It is late, and I am not going to try and replicate it at this time. If anyone needs me to repeat it; post below, and I will do my best.:oops:

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-27_18-42-15.png
      upload_2018-6-27_18-42-15.png
      27.5 KB · Views: 23
    • upload_2018-6-27_18-57-9.png
      upload_2018-6-27_18-57-9.png
      25.3 KB · Views: 24
    • upload_2018-6-27_19-19-35.png
      upload_2018-6-27_19-19-35.png
      47.7 KB · Views: 23
    Last edited:
    • Useful

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    PS: you got the link for the google spreadsheet?
    Sorry about that. I forgot it would paste a functional sheet and not a link. Let's try it this way (may need to cut & paste):
    docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GGL4QOwrFW56ig-8yKqLFPTW5WMOHq7n8MJVkQJSr_Y/edit#gid=2004016180

• Useful
    I'm in NZ and looked around for nicotine etc. Here's a couple of NZ suppliers that ship to Aussie:

Vapeboss - unflavoured nicotine (100mg)

Mixology Vapes - unflavored Nicotine, pg/VG and flavouring concentrates

Soulblu - nicotine bases (from 6mg to 100mg)
    Oh dear, there are some amongst we Aussies that baulk at NZ nic, my own rationale is the freight cost on top of overpriced nic and unavailability of higher mg strengths. 200 ml x 100mg = $28 approx. Then freight on top! That's the cheapest! Wow.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I may be wrong, but it sounds like you have both 0 and 18 mg of the same juices?

Easy math if so. To dilute to 12mg, add 2/3 of the 18 to 1/3 of the 0. And you’re correct, half and half will get you 9.

To add nic to 0 mg/ml just fill in the mg/ml of the nic, amount to make and target nic accurately. Just fudge whatever values you don’t know. You’ll dilute the flavor a tad, should be fine though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread