Eliquid (dot) com Carries Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
More moving to colored glass. I simply don't have room in my fridge for all of my flavors. Only the larger bottles I pull from stay refrigerated. Also for the dropper caps,

There have been several discussions on here over the last few years about dropper caps, (ones with the black plastic cap, glass dropper, and black rubber squeeze bulb). It's been said they are air permeable and that as the bulb degrades it lets even more air in. I don't use them myself because I mix by volume, so I have no personal experience with them. Just passing along what quite a few others have said. Might be something to look up and/or think about, especially for storage of flavorings in larger quantities that'll take awhile to use.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
When I order in large quantities from some vendors (LOL, I have enough sucralose to last the rest of my life, wasn't really thinking about how large a "1 oz" flavor would be, but now I know well, they sent it with a regular top, and a squeeze up "dropper" top that goes with. That sort of tells me that perhaps that particular topper may indeed be less airtight in general. I don't use those tops although I have a few lying around. I use a glass dropper, I figure at least that way if using the "drop" method, I will be more accurate. That dropper is also labeled at various amounts of percentages in case I'm using more of a particular flavor. I figure, consistency is gong to serve me best, and I will often use the "drop" method, so at least when I am I'm doing it consistently from flavor to flavor. I just rinse it in so vodka I keep handy, so there's no flavor transfer and etc.

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
There have been several discussions on here over the last few years about dropper caps, (ones with the black plastic cap, glass dropper, and black rubber squeeze bulb). It's been said they are air permeable and that as the bulb degrades it lets even more air in. I don't use them myself because I mix by volume, so I have no personal experience with them. Just passing along what quite a few others have said. Might be something to look up and/or think about, especially for storage of flavorings in larger quantities that'll take awhile to use.
I only ordered the first 20 with droppers for my most used flavors and to have a handful of spare droppers. The rest are polycone lids.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Makes since and those PET bottles can be an nuisance!
Only the larger bottles I pull from stay refrigerated.
Before starting DIY, I actually sterilised and set up a small fridge in my “lab” for the purpose of holding my concentrates and nicotine. Further into researching I found an article about why we shouldn’t refrigerate our concentrates. So I decided I’d hold off on that. Since then, I’ve seen people say they do and some do not and some mention they only refridgerate the one’s without sweetener. I’m not sure if there’s a right or wrong answer here, but every time I see mention of this, I wonder if I should have mine in the fridge also:unsure:

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
There have been several discussions on here over the last few years about dropper caps, (ones with the black plastic cap, glass dropper, and black rubber squeeze bulb). It's been said they are air permeable and that as the bulb degrades it lets even more air in.
My nic bottle I use for mixing is glass with a rubber (squeeze) bulb and glass dropper. In your opinion, should I change this to a poly cap and use pipettes?

Twins Win

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2018
Makes since and those PET bottles can be an nuisance!

Before starting DIY, I actually sterilised and set up a small fridge in my “lab” for the purpose of holding my concentrates and nicotine. Further into researching I found an article about why we shouldn’t refrigerate our concentrates. So I decided I’d hold off on that. Since then, I’ve seen people say they do and some do not and some mention they only refridgerate the one’s without sweetener. I’m not sure if there’s a right or wrong answer here, but every time I see mention of this, I wonder if I should have mine in the fridge also:unsure:
Same thing here. In had all mine in a mini-fridge. Then I read conflicting reports on the subject. So I took em out and put all my stuff in the basement (coolest place).

The reason why I did research about "room temp vs fridge" is my TFA Brown Sugar extra crystallized. No big deal it turns fine when it warms up. But that made me think twice. I figured I just do what the majority of other people do. Keep my stuff in a cool dark place.

I do keep my nic thats mix ready in fridge. I just keep it in a regular 30ML squeeze bottle.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
My nic bottle I use for mixing is glass with a rubber (squeeze) bulb and glass dropper. In your opinion, should I change this to a poly cap and use pipettes?

IMO, yes. I'd keep it in a glass bottle with a poly cone cap on it. As far as using pipettes, that's up to you. I measure by volume and use syringes with blunt needle tips.

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I’m not sure if there’s a right or wrong answer here, but every time I see mention of this, I wonder if I should have mine in the fridge also:unsure:
Do what makes you sleep best at night!:D I think one could make arguments for either storage condition.

Honestly, for me, it boils down to convenience, and practicality. I have over 300 different concentrates, ranging from 8mL, to 30mL bottles. Hauling that out of a fridge each time I mix, let alone the space that would be required, is just not something I am willing to do.:rolleyes:

The concentrates are in plastic (PET, HDPE) and glass, and some are ≥4 years old now, and I haven't noticed much (if any) flavor deterioration. They sit on a cookie sheet, in a cool dark linen closet, and it has worked so far. So, I feel no motivation to change.:D
If it is just a month or 3 worth of usage; I doubt you are risking much. If it is more than that, or you start noticing unwanted results in your recipes; then I would agree with JC, and suggest using the poly-cone cap for storage. You can still use your eyedropper, to dispense, like you would any other pipette.:)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I'd never heard of that company, so I decided to go take a look at their DIY flavorings and at least see what they have and what their prices were for them. So I clicked to see what they carried by The Flavor Apprentice, and spent a good while reading and re-reading just what's at the top of the main TFA page, before even looking at the ones they carry and what their prices are.

Flavor Apprentice

I can't say that I've ever read anything like that on any other vendor's website. To me, some things stated there would be confusing and/or misleading for a DIY newbie, (as far as what TFA flavorings actually are, and how they're to be used), and some other statements are just outright wrong.

I didn't even check out any of their other brands of flavorings, to see how they're described. Their prices do seem to be very reasonable, and they may be great to deal with, but...because of the above and a few other things that concern me, I think I'll stick to my regular suppliers.

That’s just bizarre o_O!

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Yeah, so far all my products have come from Nicotine River via the site. I'm not buying my nicotine through eliquid.com though, just flavors.

The reason I shared this finding is because I've actually gotten free shipping (three orders so far) and it's easy to build up points for further discounts. None of my previous providers even came close, just an occasional discount code.

The more I can save, the more flavors I can experiment with. :thumbs:

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
I'd never heard of that company, so I decided to go take a look at their DIY flavorings and at least see what they have and what their prices were for them. So I clicked to see what they carried by The Flavor Apprentice, and spent a good while reading and re-reading just what's at the top of the main TFA page, before even looking at the ones they carry and what their prices are.

Flavor Apprentice

I can't say that I've ever read anything like that on any other vendor's website. To me, some things stated there would be confusing and/or misleading for a DIY newbie, (as far as what TFA flavorings actually are, and how they're to be used), and some other statements are just outright wrong.

I didn't even check out any of their other brands of flavorings, to see how they're described. Their prices do seem to be very reasonable, and they may be great to deal with, but...because of the above and a few other things that concern me, I think I'll stick to my regular suppliers.

I didn't happen to see that page. That is rather strange.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Not too strange but noticed Eliquid dot com has the same pricing as Bull City. However, Bull City uses original bottles when possible. Which I like for less confusion pulling flavors for mixing.
IDK if you get original bottles when ordering through the specified site. Because they’re a middle man, I guess it might be possible. I assumed not because it isn’t specified “original bottles.”

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
IDK if you get original bottles when ordering through the specified site. Because they’re a middle man, I guess it might be possible. I assumed not because it isn’t specified “original bottles.”
No I don't think they are original. Plastic with Nic River labels. But I haven't gotten anything bigger than a 10mL yet.

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Just a heads up diy supplies, flavors, or chemicals do NOT qualify for free shipping. Eliquid.com and Nicotine River are not the same company. Eliquid.com are just a middle man for the diy products .
I've ordered 3 times. It has been flavors only and so far I've always gotten free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread