Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
What is your magic formula? I bet there are some imaginative ones, this is how I make my mix at the moment:

10% distilled water
10 - 20% LorAnn candy flavouring
20% 36mg commercial eliquid
30% glycerine BP/USP/food grade
30% propylene glycol BP/USP/food grade

That makes a 7mg/low nicotine liquid which I use most of the day. You can use 60% glycerine instead of using pg or the other way around, use 60% pg and no glycerine. Adjust flavourings, nicotine and water to suit your tastes and make it a decent consistency for wicking onto the atomiser. If it's too thick it won't wick out of cartridges, if it's too thin it will seep out too quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

RainbowznStarz

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2008
Fairfax, Va
I'll be watching this thread with interest!

Quick question Kate- You said
If it's too thick it won't wick out of cartridges
When I squeeze the liquid out of my carts there's at least 4-5 drops I can get out. I keep wondering why so MUCH is left, yet I can't vape it out. I use only VG to cut my liquid, is this what you would be referring to by not being able to wick out? Do I need to also use distilled water?

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Cartridges aren't something I know much about I'm afraid. There is always some liquid left in them that won't vape and if you are getting good vapour I would suggest that what you are doing is fine.

I've made the mistake of adding too much water to my mix for dripping sometimes and it doesn't vape well, it's like the atomiser is making steam and is drying out too quickly.

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
Kate! what a great idea to start this thread - this will be awesome help to find the recipes in 1 place!

Can't contribute yet though as waiting for Lorann flavors to come in ..but did get the VG already

Inmy excitement though I already started diluting a few of my commercial liquids 33% with VG/water but not too great an idea as lost a lot of flavor - so kinda vaping tasteless at the moment...

Ladycats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Western North Carolina
What is your magic formula? I bet there are some imaginative ones, this is how I make my mix at the moment:

10% distilled water
10 - 20% LorAnn candy flavouring
20% 36mg commercial eliquid
30% glycerine BP/USP/food grade
30% propylene glycol BP/USP/food grade

That makes a 7mg/low nicotine liquid which I use most of the day. You can use 60% glycerine instead of using pg or the other way around, use 60% pg and no glycerine. Adjust flavourings, nicotine and water to suit your tastes and make it a decent consistency for wicking onto the atomiser. If it's too thick it won't wick out of cartridges, if it's too thin it will seep out too quickly.

I haven't ventured into making my own ... yet .... but i was wondering, how much does this make ?? Do you need to use it right away, or can you store it .. a day, a week .. ???

spyderuk

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2008
UK
Ok 1st little mix but nothing magic.

Got some high TW banana today. 1st thing I noticed was it was a little thinner in appearance than other liquids I had tried. The banana taste wasn't as strong as I would have hoped for. So..

Around 2ml of TW banana High, approx 1.5ml vg and 3 or 4 drops of Lorann banana cream. Quantities are estimates but the juice has taken on a nice viscosity, giving good flavour and just a few drops of Lorann has really helped to pick up on the banana flavour.

Vaping it now and I think maybe 2 more drops of Lorann. This liquid is quite thick too maybe a few drops of vodka?

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
You can make as much as you want Cats, it's all about getting the proportions right. I usually make around 5ml at a time now because it's not a lot to waste if I don't like the flavour.

Kate.!.
can you translate your regular recipe into drops or ml. (instead of % to make a total of 5ml?
10% distilled water
10-20% Flavor
20% commercial 36mg
30% VG
30% PG
I'm sitting here trying to remember grade 5 math 8-oand completely lost!
I have my free sample 10ml of 36mg tasteless and really want to try to make vanilla/englishtoffee tomorrow and really don't want to waste this tiny sample of tasteless..
Thanks!!

Keef

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Scotland
Hi kate morning.

I tried cutting 24mg liquid with vg and the result was not good.

Mixed 2 droppers full of 24mg Cigar with 2 droppers full of vg and added 4 drops of Lorann Flavour.

By droppers full I mean I expelled the air from the dropper and sucked up Liquid the length of the dropper.

So Cigar 50% vg 50% then added the 4 drops of flavour.

Vapour was fine, but after around 30 - 45 min I had a seriously upset stomach.

Have not touched the vg again.

I did try the Lorann flavour with some of my regular liquid just incase that was the problem and my stomach was fine, so am assuming the vg does not agree with me.

Am now going to try pg as all the liquid I vape is pg based and at the very most has only 10% vg in it .
I have never had an upset stomach or dry mouth with the pg based liquid from the start so I guess pg agrees with me.

As I am going to be using about 50% commercial Liquid as opposed to 20% will I still need distilled water ?.

Last edited:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Hi Keef, as Katink says, you might not need water, it's only a matter of getting the right consistency and pg is not as thick as glycerine.

Frankie mentioned recently that he tried some glycerine that he found locally and it made him unwell but after trying some BP grade stuff that someone from the UK bought at Boots the chemist and sent to him I think he was ok. So maybe you are sensitive to glycerine or maybe it could be the brand you are using.

spyderuk

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2008
UK
Mmmmm ... sounds nice. I have some banana eliquid on it's way to me :)

What about some more Wicked to thin it out if that doesn't raise the nic too much for you.
Maybe, it's only high, can't remember the strength of TW high as they tend to vary. It may be a bit thick for cart use but dripping in SD is awesome. Lots of vapour, nice hit and the banana is so sweet.

I had some TW menthol high too that I'm using in my 1st 4072, just topping off a regular cart with it. Nic is ok, not too high, but I do have to put it down from time to time. :oops:

I'm really just practicing for when I get some 36mg stuff in. :thumb:

I might go rustle summat up with the bubblegum and butterscotch. Not together though 8-o

Edit.. Found it in small print on bottle. 24mg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread