The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ello HW coil compatability with Smok BBBeast coils?

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by Tunka, Dec 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tunka

Tunka Full Member

May 31, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    After searching fruitlessly, I decided to make a new thread.
    I have an Eleaf Ello tank, 5ml. I'm thinking of purchasing a Smok Big Baby Beast tank. I have many HW3 and 4 Ello coils and would like to know if the BBB and the Ello coils are inter-changeable. i.e. will the Eleaf HW work in the BBB and vice versa.

I love the Ello tank on the iKonn 220. All I've used are the HW3 and 4 coils and let me tell you, awesome flavor, great clouds.

One other thing I'd like to ask...I've read many reviews of the BBB and a lot of them complain about leaking. Is this true? I saw a tip that recommended screwing the coil onto the chimney then screwing the bottom air flow chamber on. Any help, tips and recommendations are welcome.

2. pfaber11

pfaber11 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 16, 2009
    england
    I believe they are compatible. I have the baby beast and love it. Run mine at 50 or 60 Watts. Had it six weeks and no leaking so far. Vape on .

3. QcVaper

QcVaper Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    I own the BBB myself and even though i haven't used drop in coils much (i use the included rba base)
    I've had 1 leak, caused by myself otherwise it's been great but ofc there's always a chance it can leak (just like any tank)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cosmic_Glaze

Cosmic_Glaze Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2016
    the Baby Beast coils, the Wotofo Flow and the Joytech Pro -C coils are all compatible with each other, FYI. I have the Flow. Would be nice if the Ello coils worked, but I have not tried them. Interested to hear a solid confirmation.

• Like Like x 1
  5. StayPhresh919

StayPhresh919 New Member

Nov 28, 2017
    The NRG coils from vaporesso are compatible and are the best coils I've used in the big baby beast

• Like Like x 1
  6. klangertechguy

klangertechguy Full Member

Apr 24, 2016
    shropshire uk
    It makes the glass gap at the bottom as the bbb coils are a tiny bit taller

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I know you can use BBB coils in Ello, but don't think they are cross compatible. Could be wrong but pretty sure you need extra orings or something to make them work.

8. klangertechguy

klangertechguy Full Member

Apr 24, 2016
    shropshire uk
    Personally dig the ello coils top coils at the 70 watt mark on the hw3 55 Watts on the hw1 and the hw4 handles 90 but needs a bit of time to rewick.
    Massive airflow for a tpd compliant tank easy to fill and only a fiver for a two pack of coils from totally wicked

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.