Not open for further replies.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Just received this site: Vapor Truth
from a vendor I have done business with. You can go there and enter your zip code and it will generate a list of your congressman and state rep's. Has a form letter that you can copy and paste once directed to the rep's contact page shown bellow. I added about my years of smoking the methods I tried to quit, and how healthy and happy I have been since I started to Vape and Not Smoke. Figured the more info and urging they get from their constituents can only help.

Give it a shot and make your voice heard!!!

Dear Congressman:
I am writing to urge you to support reasonable regulation of these products. As you know, if the FDA regulates the sale of electronic cigarettes, access to these products will be severely constrained, and the development of new smoke-free products will be dramatically slowed.

Some facts to consider:

* Electronic cigarettes produce no smoke. In contrast, tobacco cigarettes produce smoke that contains known carcinogens and over 5,000 chemicals
* Several prominent public health experts including the former U.S. Surgeon General and the former president of the American Lung Association are involved with the electronic cigarette industry.
* There is no conclusive evidence that electronic cigarettes are harmful, marketed to youth, or lead to usage of tobacco cigarettes.
Electronic cigarettes offer a viable alternative to tobacco cigarettes, a product that is universally condemned. Please do not treat electronic cigarettes the same as tobacco cigarettes. The result will be the stifling of innovation and the limitation of smoke-free choices for over 40 million American smokers.
Respectfully,

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I am writing to urge you to support reasonable regulation of these products. As you know, if the FDA regulates the sale of electronic cigarettes, access to these products will be severely constrained, and the development of new smoke-free products will be dramatically slowed.

Some facts to consider:

* Electronic cigarettes produce NO TAR or Carbon Monoxide, in fact this list shows you just how MUCH bad chemicals is in regular cigarettes that are NOT present in personal vaporizers or e-cigs
Click here

* Several prominent public health experts including the former U.S. Surgeon General and the former president of the American Lung Association are involved with the electronic cigarette industry.

* There is no conclusive evidence that electronic cigarettes are harmful, marketed to youth, or lead to usage of tobacco cigarettes.
Electronic cigarettes offer a viable alternative to tobacco cigarettes, a product that is universally condemned. Please do not treat electronic cigarettes the same as tobacco cigarettes. The result will be the stifling of innovation and the limitation of smoke-free choices for over 40 million American smokers.

In fact the US Governments own EPA shows that one of the major chemicals found in the e-juice in "fog form" actually acts as an air sanitizer (used in hospitals) it "cleans the air"
http://www.epa.gov/oppsrrd1/reregistration/REDs/propylene_glycol_red.pdf

It's time to stop stripping peoples liberties and freedoms based upon ignorance and fear, in fact it's time for the government to stop trying to legislate morality all together

Respectfully,

This is same letter with some links added so the politicians can find some more interesting findings. WarHawk sent me this after reading my post, think is a good addition.

I searched the forums before starting this post and didn't find anything, so felt the need to share it with those most affected by any decisions made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread