Status
Not open for further replies.

skyztheLynnit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
1- Dandruff and dry hair. I had my last cigarette on the 2nd. (Started vaping beginning of march). Two days after last cigarette .. major itchy scalp.. i scratched and it looked like snow falling out of my head! My hair has become really dry as well. I dye it because.. hell.. I'm getting older.. but never has it been this dry.

2- PMS
I've always had the typical mood swings associated with PMS.. but this last one since finally quitting was brutal.. weeping.. acting like a complete ahole.. i even yelled at my boss! I'm lucky she's cool bc i deserved to get fired for my outburst.

And the most embarrassing ..to me.. ba da dum...
3- constipation .. sweet mother .. i won't get into details lol

I always have had plenty of fluid intake.. so i don't know if i should increase it or if this is my body ridding itself of the toxins in cigs..

Anyone else experienced these issues?

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
I did not have the two issues that would happen to me...I lost my ovaries in a chromosome accident when I was very young... when I quit but I would just try to treat the symptoms and maybe switch to a vg based liquid. PG dehydrates me, I stick to a 50/50 blend to alleviate this but it is more extreme for some people.

Also, where are you getting your liquid from...is it US made or china?

skyztheLynnit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
I did not have the two issues that would happen to me...I lost my ovaries in a chromosome accident when I was very young... when I quit but I would just try to treat the symptoms and maybe switch to a vg based liquid. PG dehydrates me, I stick to a 50/50 blend to alleviate this but it is more extreme for some people.

Also, where are you getting your liquid from...is it US made or china?
US vendors.. 50/50

Milkhoney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Austin
I'd say you're just dehydrated, I was kind of amazed at first how much more water I needed to drink when I started vaping exclusively. Even if you think it's enough it's not if...you know....bathroom time isn't going well. That's probably the explanation for the dry scalp as well. I know dehydration can contribute to bad PMS and can worsen cramps, though I'm tempted to blame it on the first period without cigarettes and your hormones being wacky. So I'd just make sure you've always got water in front of you.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Try messing with your PG/VG amounts. You may have some PG reaction that is fairly common. If you can, try some 100% VG. I know HHV has a purity line with absolutely no PG at all. I am sure there are other vendors. Good luck, that is a real bummer. In the meantime I would try conventional treatments for all three.

It seems a stretch that all three are coincidental in timing with you quitting. Maybe one or two of them is. I would definitely kick up the hydration, which certainly could be a factor in all three.

jimrug1

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Peoria, IL
1- Dandruff and dry hair. I had my last cigarette on the 2nd. (Started vaping beginning of march). Two days after last cigarette .. major itchy scalp.. i scratched and it looked like snow falling out of my head! My hair has become really dry as well. I dye it because.. hell.. I'm getting older.. but never has it been this dry.

2- PMS
I've always had the typical mood swings associated with PMS.. but this last one since finally quitting was brutal.. weeping.. acting like a complete ahole.. i even yelled at my boss! I'm lucky she's cool bc i deserved to get fired for my outburst.

And the most embarrassing ..to me.. ba da dum...
3- constipation .. sweet mother .. i won't get into details lol

I always have had plenty of fluid intake.. so i don't know if i should increase it or if this is my body ridding itself of the toxins in cigs..

Anyone else experienced these issues?

I haven't had those specific issues but everyone experiences withdrawls from cigs in their own way. Ride it out for a few weeks and if it doesn't get better, you may want to see a doc. Increasing your water intake will not hurt when you are vaping even if it is not related to your problem. If you have constipation, for whatever reason, increasing your fiber intake wont hurt either. PMS?? Can't help you there but it's possible that something in the cig smoke could have been suppressing your symptoms and now you are just noticing them more.... Just a thought... ;-)~

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
I was kinda wondering about some of these "health related" issues too.

Can we get some ladies to chime in - are there any specific female-related issues you've experienced after quitting and taking up vaping? I am personally wondering if there's any effect on "that special visitor".

There's probably a specific forum for this :blink:

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
I was kinda wondering about some of these "health related" issues too.

Can we get some ladies to chime in - are there any specific female-related issues you've experienced after quitting and taking up vaping? I am personally wondering if there's any effect on "that special visitor".

There's probably a specific forum for this :blink:

You could google "girl parts discussion" but it may not bring back exactly what you were looking for...

I think the big thing is to stay hydrated. Also, try 100% vg and see if it helps. I'd start with the extra water because if you change a bunch of things and it goes away, you won't know which one helped. Since most people don't drink enough water anyway, adding in something that dehydrates you more can have a pretty significant effect.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Hey skyz! I went through the dry scalp & my face was extremely dry too for a couple of weeks! I tried to drink as much water as I could but it still continued for a couple of weeks. I started doing deep conditioners & using an extra moisturizing cream at night before bed time. I thought that it might be related but I wasn't sure. The other thing that I had was...ok I'm just gonna say it...was gas!!! Major major major gas!! I felt like a walking hot air balloon!!

Hope these issues are clearing up for you!

mist opportunity

May 16, 2013
UK
1) Could be blamed to ditching tobacco or it could be blamed on a chemical allergy - have you switched haircare products recently? In my short experience my hair seems to be thriving, I mean the best condition it's been in years.

2) Nothing unusual as yet.......

3) Now this, I have had experience with. The only major change in my diet I've found is that I'm cutting out snacking as I find vaping a sweet juice satisfies my urge to eat junk snacks. I'm drinking more and more water too. Maybe it's my body adjusting.

skyztheLynnit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
Water, water and more water ! What we "thought" was enough before is not enough now.

The moods...you aren't "self medicating" with all of the other stuff that is in a cigarette...Try some snus here and there or try some of the WTA e-liquids.

What are WTA liquids?

skyztheLynnit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
1) Could be blamed to ditching tobacco or it could be blamed on a chemical allergy - have you switched haircare products recently? In my short experience my hair seems to be thriving, I mean the best condition it's been in years.

No change in haircare.. except when the dandruff showed up i bought some shampoo for that.. called "clear". It doesn't have the active ingredients that shampoos like head and shoulders shampoo has.. organic type stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread