Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
I have not seen a thread like this, so I thought I would start one myself. This will be a thread to discuss these cartos or Honkers as I call them

When I first started vaping I used ce2s but after many trials and tinkering with them I gave up. Then I went to the smoktech dual coil lr carto and then started going bigger, and bigger and.......bigger, all the way up to the ones that hold 6 ml.

I tried tanks, they didn't work for me, I could never get the hang of it, tried vision, don't like the airy draw of them. Tried the Kanger t2 and while its not terrible, I won't be owning 20 of them like I do cartos.

I am venturing into the world of the RBAs but haven't put it together yet.

So....is this my favorite way to vape? No, but for now its where I am stuck. I will always be looking for something better.

In the meantime I would like this thread to share tips and tricks for these, as well as where to get the best price for them. I personally never pay much more than $2.50 a piece, and really try to find them for $2 with free shipping so I can stock up.

U can also talk about the xxl cartos, the ones that hold 2.5 ml, just nothing standard there are already plenty of threads for them

Now then where are all the Honker users out there? I am not the only one am I? :D

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

angel755

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Sarasota, FL
I use Ego Mega Dual Coil Cartomizers, the new short ones and really like them. Like you have tried many different types of PV's and always some issue with most of them. I can't say the EMDCC's are the be all end all but, for durability, consistent performance, low tinkering, good for carrying in the pocket and the price, I haven't found anything that beats them yet. I usually get mine at MadVapes for 2.79 each but I like their service. Just wish the new short ones would come out in stainless.

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
Hi there angel, thanks for posting! :) Yes I have seen and tried the short ones too, I bought mine from Vaping Zone. They have the stainless. Sorry I don't know how to post links. But I wanna say I got a 5 pack of the short stainless ones during a 20% off sale. I believer they were 13.99 before the discount. I really like Vaping zone, they ship really fast and have great customer service. If I ever have a problem I just email Leah and she is always helpful. I will warn u tho, I did run into a problem with the xxl clear cartos is 3.2 ohm they kept coming apart from the connection. They are supposed to be looking into it and getting it fixed. So beware of those. Other than that I have never had a problem with any of them, not even the 1.5 ohm xxl clear ones.

Can I ask u what u do for tips? I hate the tips on these things, lol . I don't like the whistle tip ir the round tip. There are very few solutions to this, because the drip tips for them are so hard to find. Vaporcast has a black and a silver one that is supposed to fit, I bought one t try, I will post a pic when I get it.

If u have the rubber whistle tips u can wiggle a 510 tip into the top of it. Not real streamlined or sexy, but it will work. ;). I only use them this way when I am home tho since its not real sturdy and they can pop out, Ymmv.

There is also a adapter that they have that fits in the top of the carto so then u can use a 510 tip, actually I think mapvapes carried them.

I have gone do far as making my own scuply tips, it fun its cheap and I like doing it.

Now then come on I now there are more of u Honker users out there! :)

Yinzer

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Pittsburgh
I still keep these on hand, and really only use them on long car rides. Now that I've got my Vision V3 rebuildables working really well, I tend not to use the EMDCCs as much.

They seem to work really well on my standard 3.7 ego batts. They don't seem to work as well with the twists.

I like the TH and capacity and total lack of issues with them...I can generally get about 3ml in. But they clog up pretty quick...a week or so with juices from Tasty Vapor, maybe a little longer with Halo juices. I find the clearos cheaper to maintain, plus, when the clearos work well, the flavor can't be beat.

Some juices do taste better in them, though. The heavy tobacco flavors from Halo (Turkish and Freedom) work well in a clearo, but their flavor was MADE for a cart like this.

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
This brings me to ky next question,

How long do these last for u?
For me it depends on the juice like everything else, I have had them last as long as a month! I ran almost 20 ml through one. It was a very clean 50/50 juice tho. My dessert and bakery vapes don't last as long, maybe a week.

And have u been successful in cleaning and re using them?
Sadly no, but I do still try from time to time :)

TroyHoot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Greenville MS
I started 6 days ago so take my info with a grain of salt. I have been using the smoktek 1.5 ohm ego mega dual coils. Since im trying flavors I have cleaned 3 or 4 times. what I do. flush with warm water by using some tubing and a syringe. Blow it out. Then flush it with everclear (190proof alcohol). Then I put them in my dehydrator for 2 hours at 150 degrees. So far its worked perfectly. I Think im going to clean them at least once a week since its so easy. That way they wont build up crud and may last longer.

Today I got in some of the ones from Vaping zone. Going to try those monday when my new flavors get here. I might try one tomorrow just to see which one I like better. Im pretty sure Im not gonna like the whistle tip on these though. The smoktek ones came with a round tip that is ok.

Im curious about some decent tips for these also.

I figured the EMDCC would be the best for me at work. Im rough at the job and pretty sure ill drop them and such. This way I dont have to fill them except at night and they wont spill or break very easy.

Oh yeah. I have used some thick 100%vg I got as a free sample and it worked fine. 70/30 and 50/50 worked fine too. The 100vg didnt crackle and pop as much but I never did get any burnt taste.

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
I like the capacity and vapor off of these but have never found a way around the massive amount of condensation they make. Letting off of the button a couple of seconds before you stop drawing on it helps but not enough. I would like the revisit them if any one has any tips to reduce or prevent it.

As for the mouthpiece, they do make a drip tip adapter that lets you use a standard 510 drip tip. Pretty sure Madvapes and Vapor Kings have them.

Marcella

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I use the clear EMDCC's a lot with my EGO batteries. If you get the kind with the round rubber ("baby bottle") tips, you can use a sharp pair of scissors to snip the tip in half.... then insert any normal 510 drip tip. (See photo)

I too have trouble with condensation forming inside the tank. I just remove the tip periodically and swab out the moisture using a q-tip or a bunched up tissue. It's somewhat annoying, but not annoying enough to stop me from using them! :blush:

Attachments

• EMDCCDripTip.jpg
    EMDCCDripTip.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 146
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread