Emergency 801 Battery alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

calligal

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
California
http://s618.photobucket.com/albums/tt262/calligalpics/?action=view&current=emergencyrig.flv battmod.jpg

My only two 801 batteries died last night.
This is not a real mod but maybe someone can do something with it or help someone out who is my situation and I would think it would work for other brands.
I took a universal adapter and though I have to play around with getting the tip just right it heats up the atomizer and I can vap. I watch the red light and when it dims I know it has made the contact. Pretty ricki-tiki but it is going to get me through until my replacements arrive. I should mention that you would not want to permently attach this unless you have a way to switch off the power after vaping. Been using for for 4 hours now and so far it is working well, no problems with overheating on the 9 setting, in fact it does not even get the atomizer that warm. The 12 setting will get it warm if used overmuch but it is difficult and/or annoying to keep the contact for more than 4 or 5 vaps.

This should probably be more of a lesson on why you should stock up and/or learn how to do better mods which are offered in this forum. I know I will be...

Last edited:

Fox3

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
Homebrewed 2 passthroughs for the 801 now and they are pretty easy to do :). The first one I went straight through with th 5V (no problems if you use common sense) and the second one I put a 1N4004 inline and am comfortable with that, it lowers the voltage to what a fresh battery would be. Used the first one for about 3 weeks with no problems but I did not hold the switch down excessively long either.

Hardest part was drilling the hole for the switch, I think I need better drill bits :).

calligal

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
California
lec666 ....My batteries are still under warranty and have to be returned. So whats a girl to do? Thats right...Get hubby involved....

Used the phone jack 274-0252 and a 4 AA battery holder because we did not see Nicowolfs 901 most excellant pictorial instructions. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/14371-how-build-nicostick.html

Hubby attached a piece of coaxial wire to missing battery connections as a jump wire as 4 batts were too hot and I get a vap like it was brand new and with a great kick.

I want to thank everyone who has posted their mods, instructions and images. It took awhile to find the images and posts on how to add a screw as a positive but once there he got it to work.
Plan to fine tune it or get some 801 attys and start from scratch. I Love my Husband!

CIMG1820.jpg

CIMG1821-1-1.jpg

Fox3.. I would love to see some pics with instructions on the passthru it would definitely be a mod I would be interested in. :hubba:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...t262/calligalpics/th_CIMG1822.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread