empty bottle size recs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
I guess I'm going to have to order some bottles somewhere. I haven't been able to find them in any stores.

I have no idea what sizes would be good. I'd like some maybe the size of eye drop containers for travel and making small amounts of new recipes and some larger for mixing batches of flavors I know for stock

What sizes come in handy?

AGNES PEACOCK

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
The Mother Lode, California
Hi:

I've only bought from speciality bottle Vials - Specialty Bottle
I just love their little glass colored bottles with the droppers. I bought the one dram and two dram sizes. The one dram size dropper bottle is roughly 5/8 in. wide by 1 3/4 in. tall. And the two dram size dropper bottle is roughly 7/8 in. wide by 1 3/4 in. tall.

I am happy with these. Hope this helps.

P.S. Measurements are only the bottle not the top with the bulb on it. Measurement is straight across, NOT around the bottle. =)

Last edited:

AGNES PEACOCK

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
The Mother Lode, California
I use the empty bottles of contact solution.I got a few sample bottles and a some travel size bottles [Bausch & Lomb]

Oh, that poor turkey. =) I have a yard full of them every day. They come to see if there is any left over grain the chickens didn't eat. I also have a relative in Cedar Rapids. That flooding last year was very sad wasen't it? Luckily, my relative chose higher ground.

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
After using 3ml, 6ml, 10ml, 15ml, 30ml, and higher, I'd say the most convenient bottles for everyday carrying around are the 6ml bottles from US Plastics. The 3ml (cc) bottles seemed nice at first, but are 1) a pain in the ... to keep mixing in, and 2) so small that I found myself having to mix a new batch every other day. The 6ml (cc) bottles are easier to handle for mixing purposes, large enough that you only have to do it 1-2 times a week, and small enough to be easily portable. They are also very cheap.

Find it here:

Cylinder and Boston Round Bottles with Dropper Caps - US Plastic Corporation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread