End caps for Triple V Pyrex Economy Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aoi~

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Sunny So. Cal
So, based on recommendation from some threads about glass tanks, I bought a couple Triple V Pyrex Economy tanks from valleyvapes.com Triple V Pyrex Economy Tanks

It's a very nice looking tank at a very nice price. I, however, am not crazy about the grommets that came with them.
I did see that they sold Delrin/SS end caps before, but they are out of stock currently. I got in touch with the vendor, and he said that they were working to bring more of them in.

In the mean time, I still didn't want to mess with the grommets, so my quest for the endcaps began. I went to take a measurement of the Triple V tank itself. The Outer diameter is at 25mm and the Inner diameter is 17mm.

The only tanks I have on hand are the Smoktech DCT tanks, and luckily their endcaps do fit, except that they don't cover the whole width of the tank. Measurements for the Smoktech DCT endcaps are OD: 19mm, ID: ~17mm (a hair under, but that's before O-rings)
Looks OK with the Pyrex Tank, of course I'm hoping this is just a temporary solution.

IMG_2223.JPG

Please post if you have found other end caps that can be repurposed for the Triple V Pyrex Tank. Apologies if it's been posted before.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I appreciate the help, but I'm not able to read the measurements even with the enlargement after clicking on the pic.

Even though I can't read the print, I do recognize the tanks as a Triple V and color Phiniac. I'm taking a wild guess and thinking that you are implying that the Triple V pyrex tubes will fit the Phiniac end caps? Say it ain't so! :pop:

Is that a blue or black tube, I know they have different diameters. Have you actually put them together for a tight seal? I don't think Phiniac sells endcaps alone for the colored tubes, at least I've never been able to find them listed on the site.

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Nope they do not fit each other, I was trying to let the OP know the measurements she was asking about. The phiniac endcaps for the colour tanks are wider. The end caps for the clear phiniac tank are too narrow. THe Op is trying to find endcaps for the triple - v tank because the OP doenst like the grommets. I bought the end caps sold at Valley Vapes that were made for the triple v. Those are sold out right now and Ray is waiting for some more to come out soon.

Here is the link to the phiniac page that has the sizes of the tanks http://phiniac.com/cmspage.php?page_id=33

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread