End of an Era...a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merryhellion

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2013
Burlington, WI, USA
Tonight is my 5 month smoke free anniversary, and in honor of it, I literally kicked cigarettes to the curb.

4 cartons of Djarum Specials, which arrived last December after I began vaping, and remained unsmoked all this time.

The end of an era, of 33 years of cigarette smoking, which I celebrate with you all in thanks of the support I have received and continue to receive, from the members of ecf.

The 2 people I began smoking with in high school, have also become vapers in that time. Choosing to, on their own, reconnecting through vaping with each other and with me.

Full circle is a wonder.

While the debates rage around us, in spite of the conflict that has become the fight for the right to vape, this fact cannot be distorted from the truth; vaping has improved my life, saved it, and given me hope and joy in my world. I hope for all of you, the feeling of freedom that it has given me.

Have a good evening, all. Breathe deep with me, as the times, they are a-changing, and with them, so are we.

MickHeyes

May 12, 2014
Nelson Lancs
Fantastic post. 3 months smoke free for me after 30+ years. I'd forgotten how good freshly cut grass smells and just how good strawberries taste due to me getting my taste buds back. Also, I can tell the difference in my lung capacity at work and even taking the dog for a walk.

Vaping is honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me :)

Merryhellion

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2013
Burlington, WI, USA
I've been cigarette free since March 9th. I intend to the stay that way. Side note: Is that a Friesen in your avatar pic? I own a Quarter Horse and a Paso Fino........:D

That is my Friesian gelding Ziglar; he just turned 7 last Friday. We are trail junkies, and spend all our time together out in the Kettle Moraine forest year round.

Merryhellion

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2013
Burlington, WI, USA
Thanks all of you for responding.

I was gonna wait til 6 months, but 5 months coincided with Rubbishnacht this week, so off went the stinkies to find their own fate. Who knows, mabe some desperately poor ciggy smoker picked em up (they were gone this morning, I'd left them at the curb), and their vileness will help that person give up smoking =)

Merryhellion

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2013
Burlington, WI, USA
Fantastic post. 3 months smoke free for me after 30+ years. I'd forgotten how good freshly cut grass smells and just how good strawberries taste due to me getting my taste buds back. Also, I can tell the difference in my lung capacity at work and even taking the dog for a walk.

Vaping is honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me :)

It really just keeps getting better. Literally feeling younger every day is a huge bonus surprise =-) Got to watch how good food tastes, though; hard to stop eating when you are full if your taste buds are still raving for more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread