Status
Not open for further replies.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
It was a good run while it lasted.

I didn't say anything today to vsummer1... but we won't be around next year.

It's getting awkward.

I suppose, if you thing about it, it's not up to us to say. lol. That sounds kind of funny. But....what we've/whis started here is a tradition. If others want to take it over...we can't stop em. They may even re-invent it. Kinkda like getting out of the way and letting the kids/grandkids take over. On the other hand, if nobody steps up...it dies.

So we have 3 options:
A) Some of us want to continue. So they continue on.
B) We all bail out, but someone else takes over
C) We all bail, thread dies.

I suppose we should offer it up to the world to see if there are any volunteers. The question I have before we do so is letter A above. Do some of us/you want to continue it? Maybe we should ask in the main thread... Start posting an announcement with the list or something.

????????

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
no more commitments for me :(

if i'm online and somebody continues the thread i will, in all likelihood, pop in when i can. but that's about all.
as soon as more of the committee members chime in we should start working on an announcement - we might get one or two jan prevets stopping by soon.
i will no longer send invitations after i've looked at catt's dec spreadsheet and i will make it clear, if asked, my decision is mainly due to losing official ecf support.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Well, it's Catt's thread. So forgive me Mr. Catt if I step on toes.

I don't really want to see this thread become become a rationalization/explanation of why we are leaving. For the record: I agree and sympathize with ya all. But we don't need to go over all that again, IMO.

What we need to know....is anyone else interested in taking over and/or staying? If you're leaving, your leaving. No need to get into all that again. :) We're asking here 1st. The next thing to do is to post in the PVT. Maybe in general with a link pointing to PVT (if even allowed). Then after that, announce direction going forward.

Opinions? ("Shut up Atty" is not an opinion... ;) )

P.S. Venting is healthy...so let's all use the other thread for that, yes? This is not directed at only those above, but all of us. I just want to focus on what to do going forward, not the "why leaving". :)

I'm hoping someone steps up and says "I'll take over and continue the tradition".

Last edited:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
ok - - since we all can edit let's use this post

no more commitments at end of year:

atty, ces, fran and tibs

catt has not declared his intentions, i think ;) - waiting on starry also and meggers. possibly tweety and nat but that's about it for active, semi-active members.
well, we got classy but having gone back to work full-time i doubt classy has the time needed to keep this going.

one other thought - let's make sure our pvt thread gets closed on 1-1-13. i would hate to see it linger in its misery.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
No problems here with me Atty, I opened this thread just to see what, if any, plans had been/were being made for the end of this year.

I don't think I'll commit to any 'responsibilities' for any new threads which may be started.

I was also wondering (I can't wander, if I do I get lost :blink:) if there would be a "Last Post". Something that maybe each of the committee members may want to contribute to. Perhaps a 'fond farewell' to the Thread.

Meggers

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Kansas
:blink: Where...where am I? Am I still in the lounge? Whoa...must've had too much to drink last night and fell asleep in this booth. :blink:

Well...like some have expressed, I'll certainly "pop" in if someone is being congratulated on their one year anniversary. But, honestly, look at how we dropped in interested people celebrating their one year once we were dumped here in the bar...errrr...lounge. If some "newbies" want to take it over...fine. I'll be here(unless certain people, who happen to be "gunning" for me finally get a clean shot)to help people celebrate. :blink:

Forgot the picture...

images

Last edited:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
No problems here with me Atty, I opened this thread just to see what, if any, plans had been/were being made for the end of this year.

I don't think I'll commit to any 'responsibilities' for any new threads which may be started.

I was also wondering (I can't wander, if I do I get lost :blink:) if there would be a "Last Post". Something that maybe each of the committee members may want to contribute to. Perhaps a 'fond farewell' to the Thread.

that's why i thought we'll get the thread closed on 1-1-13. the first day of a new year always lends itself to reminiscing ;)

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
one request though for atty and catt, who usually don't hang out in off-topic threads. frannie, ces and i can be found here, and that invitation also holds for nat and starry > http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/lounge/322639-snails-response-threads.html
meggers and tweety already know even though they haven't been around in ages but know where to find us. i sure would hate to lose touch ................. sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread