The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Entire package of 5 cartos...

Discussion in 'Cartomizer Issues' started by expat, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. expat

expat Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    Arkansas
    That don't work. Not one of them. They are Boge 2.0.

I can fill them in the usual way, and they were all good for about an hour, and then the juice pours out the bottom. They are clogged up, even with a nearly clear juice in less than an hour. Looking through the carto at a strong light, can't see through them. Very hard draw, and nearly no vapor.

And if that isn't heartbreaking enough, I have my new BWB juice in that lot. :(

2. seantex

seantex Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2011
    Texas
    I have been having the same issue recently. I have no answer for you but it is strange. I have been using them forever with no issues til now

3. expat

Apr 12, 2011
    Arkansas
    Never had any trouble until this last package. I was getting a couple of weeks out of a single one in the past. Sorry you are having the same sort of problem :/

4. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Did you contact the vendor? Where did you get them?

5. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    I haven't bought any recently but I've never encountered this with Boge cartos. Please contact the vendor immediately about the problem.

You can do a reverse tyrin spin to get the juice out...or as much as you can.

6. expat

Apr 12, 2011
    Arkansas
    I got them from Liberty Flights, about a month ago. I will try that ..otherwise my BWB will go to waste.

7. Katya

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    That's odd. I buy my Boge cartos from them (and from LiteCig) and never had a problem... But I did see a thread about a bad batch somewhere. Let me think...

Anyway, let Ty know as soon as possible.

8. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Leaking is a sign of overfilling. And an overfilled carto doesn't hit well.

Try putting a paper towel over the battery end an gently blowing thru the mounth piece. Do this until no e-Liquid comes out onto the paper towel.

If it hits but the draw is tight, take a straightened out paperclip and GENTLY pushing it thru the battery end till it comes out the mouth piece. If you feel resistence don't force it. It might be caught on the atomizer coil. Pull it out and try again.

Once the paper clip is thru the carto. roll the carto on your finger like a rolling pin. This opens the center air way.

If none of this works there is some wrong with the cart. Strange because I have never had a problem with a Boge Carto. Not to say that it can't happen though.

9. Pamdane

Pamdane Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Cleveland area, Ohio
    I had this happen to two just recently. Dont know where they came from. Paper clip didnt work, at first pull, the tube closed up, like when you drink a milk shake thats too thick, but it was a light juice with 80/20 PG/VG. Glad I'm not the only one.

10. Katya

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Zoidman is absolutely correct; make sure that there is no liquid in the center tube. I fill with a syringe for the first time, then just drip from the bottle down the carto walls.

11. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    If the Paperclip method doesn't work then there might be a manufacture problem with the carto.

Another thing you can do if they are 510 cartos is to take a blank carto and draw thru it. Don't connect it to the battery, just draw thru it. Make a note of how much effort it takes to draw thru the carto.

Now place your finger over the battery hole. Draw thru it again. If it is about the same or a tad less than the cart is fine. But if the draw dramaticaly tights up then that is a problem.

Because the air much of the air in a 510 carto/atty goes thru the side holes of the carto/atty.

If air isn't getting thru the side holes on a 510 atty or carto abouth the only thing you can do is to take a 1/16 drill and drill out one or both holes.

12. expat

Apr 12, 2011
    Arkansas
    These cartos were not overfilled. I did these exactly the way I always have. I fill from the top, by taking the cap off. They get about 21 drops, four at a time, one to each side. I do as Dormouse suggested, and roll them onto all sides on the desk over about 15 minutes, and then let them sit overnight. When I go to use them, I add a drop or two if they need it.

I ran a darning needle through the center of these ones, and it does open up to where I can see through and out the other end. At first draw it seems to close in again.

13. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Sounds then like you got a bad batch of cartos then.

14. expat

Apr 12, 2011
    Arkansas
    It does zoiDman. Thanks for the tips though. I am hoping the postman is bringing my new ones today...and I think I need to have more on hand than I did. I just didn't expect all 5 of my last ones to be unusable.
    For the time being, I am back to attys and carts. Meh.

15. Sly9377

Sly9377 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    This technique does work well! Give it a try to save some of the juice

16. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I hear you...

As a veteren of the CE2 progression, I learned to have backup for my backups. But I wouldn't expect and entire 5 pack to be bad.

This might be something for you and Everybody to check out...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/200782-cartomizerfillinator.html#post3572592

I came across it and even if you don't use it to fill or to unfill a carto, It's just a Damn Cool Idea.

17. expat

Apr 12, 2011
    Arkansas
    I saw that fillinator idea, and thought it was very cool indeed. I am going to give that a try for sure.

I have backups of everything, batteries and all...have like 9 attys and I don't even use the things if I can help it. Just though that once I was down to the last 5 cartos I would have enough to order more once I'd opened them. Who knew :/

18. expat

Apr 12, 2011
    Arkansas
    I heard back from the supplier, and they think it was just a bad batch. This was part of an order placed back in April, and I just happened to hit the bad lot last. They can't replace as a result, and I wouldn't expect them to either. They do at least think it was the cartos, and not me, which I was glad to hear :)

Here's hoping the new ones arrive today!

19. ClutchMan

ClutchMan Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 20, 2011
    New Orleans
    I'm having an issue with my cartos too (Boge LR 510 2 ohm). I'm starting to get really discouraged. I just bought another 5 pack of cartos and I also bought some standard 510 attys in case those cartos don't work for me either. I think I may just start direct dripping. I have 1 carto out of 8 that I've tried that is still going strong. Only problem is, I have Firecracker (cinnamon) juice in that one, so I can't put anything else in there. I'm fairly new to vaping and I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, but I've been doing everything by the book it seems. I tried the paper clip, boiling them, filling them with the condom method, dripping from the top...everything. All my juices are from BWB with the exception of Firecracker (Puresmoker). I thought maybe it was that the BWB juice was thicker (it seems to be) and they just didn't work well in cartos, because the Firecracker vapes and tastes amazing. I also notice that the good atty that I have doesn't get nearly as hot as the other ones. I'm gonna give them another shot, but I think I may start dripping if those don't work.

20. expat

Apr 12, 2011
    Arkansas
    I had a new batch arrive in the mail yesterday. So far, so good. *crosses fingers*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.