Entire package of 5 cartos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

expat

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Arkansas
That don't work. Not one of them. They are Boge 2.0.

I can fill them in the usual way, and they were all good for about an hour, and then the juice pours out the bottom. They are clogged up, even with a nearly clear juice in less than an hour. Looking through the carto at a strong light, can't see through them. Very hard draw, and nearly no vapor.

And if that isn't heartbreaking enough, I have my new BWB juice in that lot. :(

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Leaking is a sign of overfilling. And an overfilled carto doesn't hit well.

Try putting a paper towel over the battery end an gently blowing thru the mounth piece. Do this until no e-Liquid comes out onto the paper towel.

If it hits but the draw is tight, take a straightened out paperclip and GENTLY pushing it thru the battery end till it comes out the mouth piece. If you feel resistence don't force it. It might be caught on the atomizer coil. Pull it out and try again.

Once the paper clip is thru the carto. roll the carto on your finger like a rolling pin. This opens the center air way.

If none of this works there is some wrong with the cart. Strange because I have never had a problem with a Boge Carto. Not to say that it can't happen though.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If the Paperclip method doesn't work then there might be a manufacture problem with the carto.

Another thing you can do if they are 510 cartos is to take a blank carto and draw thru it. Don't connect it to the battery, just draw thru it. Make a note of how much effort it takes to draw thru the carto.

Now place your finger over the battery hole. Draw thru it again. If it is about the same or a tad less than the cart is fine. But if the draw dramaticaly tights up then that is a problem.

Because the air much of the air in a 510 carto/atty goes thru the side holes of the carto/atty.

If air isn't getting thru the side holes on a 510 atty or carto abouth the only thing you can do is to take a 1/16 drill and drill out one or both holes.

Last edited:

expat

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Arkansas
These cartos were not overfilled. I did these exactly the way I always have. I fill from the top, by taking the cap off. They get about 21 drops, four at a time, one to each side. I do as Dormouse suggested, and roll them onto all sides on the desk over about 15 minutes, and then let them sit overnight. When I go to use them, I add a drop or two if they need it.

I ran a darning needle through the center of these ones, and it does open up to where I can see through and out the other end. At first draw it seems to close in again.

Sly9377

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2009
Rochester, NY
This technique does work well! Give it a try to save some of the juice
I haven't bought any recently but I've never encountered this with Boge cartos. Please contact the vendor immediately about the problem.

You can do a reverse tyrin spin to get the juice out...or as much as you can.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It does zoiDman. Thanks for the tips though. I am hoping the postman is bringing my new ones today...and I think I need to have more on hand than I did. I just didn't expect all 5 of my last ones to be unusable.
For the time being, I am back to attys and carts. Meh.

I hear you...

As a veteren of the CE2 progression, I learned to have backup for my backups. But I wouldn't expect and entire 5 pack to be bad.

This technique does work well! Give it a try to save some of the juice

This might be something for you and Everybody to check out...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo.../200782-cartomizerfillinator.html#post3572592

I came across it and even if you don't use it to fill or to unfill a carto, It's just a Damn Cool Idea.

expat

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Arkansas
I hear you...

As a veteren of the CE2 progression, I learned to have backup for my backups. But I wouldn't expect and entire 5 pack to be bad.

This might be something for you and Everybody to check out...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo.../200782-cartomizerfillinator.html#post3572592

I came across it and even if you don't use it to fill or to unfill a carto, It's just a Damn Cool Idea.

I saw that fillinator idea, and thought it was very cool indeed. I am going to give that a try for sure.

I have backups of everything, batteries and all...have like 9 attys and I don't even use the things if I can help it. Just though that once I was down to the last 5 cartos I would have enough to order more once I'd opened them. Who knew :/

expat

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Arkansas
I heard back from the supplier, and they think it was just a bad batch. This was part of an order placed back in April, and I just happened to hit the bad lot last. They can't replace as a result, and I wouldn't expect them to either. They do at least think it was the cartos, and not me, which I was glad to hear :)

Here's hoping the new ones arrive today!

ClutchMan

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
New Orleans
I'm having an issue with my cartos too (Boge LR 510 2 ohm). I'm starting to get really discouraged. I just bought another 5 pack of cartos and I also bought some standard 510 attys in case those cartos don't work for me either. I think I may just start direct dripping. I have 1 carto out of 8 that I've tried that is still going strong. Only problem is, I have Firecracker (cinnamon) juice in that one, so I can't put anything else in there. I'm fairly new to vaping and I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, but I've been doing everything by the book it seems. I tried the paper clip, boiling them, filling them with the condom method, dripping from the top...everything. All my juices are from BWB with the exception of Firecracker (Puresmoker). I thought maybe it was that the BWB juice was thicker (it seems to be) and they just didn't work well in cartos, because the Firecracker vapes and tastes amazing. I also notice that the good atty that I have doesn't get nearly as hot as the other ones. I'm gonna give them another shot, but I think I may start dripping if those don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread