ePOWER Replaceable Battery eGo Kit - MODULAR to the MAX - VIDEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
They are agressively moving forward with VV plans. My contact monitors ECF closely and last night I told him it was definitely something that was being asked for. He told me they already have purchased voltage inidicators and the have a PCB manufacturer coming in today to discuss manufacturing with them....he seemed pretty excited about it. I think it could all come together pretty quickly...

The way I am understanding it they are going to try to make a switch for the present 14650 form factor but I am not sure but definitely for an 18650 unit. If they use stackable C130 batteries in the present unit I imagine that could give them 6V to work with...I'll try to get further info when I speak with him tonight.

GotVapes will also be adding a tube/spring option for those who have tons of 14500 batteries. This was something I requested directly and they are going to make happen. We will have them available on the next order. Initially this will probably be an added option when ordering the main 14650 ePower eGo kit in a drop down menu on that product page. Also asked them to make available a spacer as another option.

The 14500's don't put out like the 14650's but I am hearing from many who have alot of 14500's who would like that option so we'll make it happen.

Are they talking about making the VV switch usable in one of the current production models or will it be a whole new PV with a VV switch?

If they come out with a VV switch, I hope they come out with a higher voltage unit to use it on.

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Also wanted to give a heads-up that it appears our BLACK ePower Replaceable Battry kits are coming in today so as soon as it is delivered we will flip the switch on those. We already have stainless steel and titanium in stock.

UPDATE: BLACK EPOWER REPLACEABLE BATTERY EGO KITS ARE NOW IN AND AVAILABLE ON THE SITE

http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=104_103&zenid=fea5ebb4df1be40f078441425007e96a

epowerblack_20.png

epowerblack_30.png

epowerblack_40.png

epowerblack_50.png

epower_640.png

Last edited:

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
The ePower actually does regulate the voltage to 3.7v on a full charge.

Speaking with one of the main developers/principals of the company that manufacturers these:

"yes, PCB regulated it at 3.7 V...when the lion battery fully charged, the voltage is 4.2V, and when using, the voltage of the battery generate lowering all the way, but the PCB is regulating to give out voltage at 3.7 V even the battery's voltage is lower than this..."

This is the way I understood it when doing the research before Chris and I purchased this for GotVapes, but I just wanted to make sure and get a reiteration.

He further clarified:

"the voltage to atomizer is always 3.7V
if the 14650 battery's voltage is 4.2v when fully charged, the PCB will lower that to be 3.7 v
if the 14650 batteries's voltage is 3.5 V when used for sometime, the PCB will enhance that to be 3.7v
so that means the output voltage is always 3.7 v
But if the battery run out of power, 3.3 v, Then the PCB can't work, then we need to charge again
hope i have made myself clear"

For those not sure, PCB is the logic board for the unit and stands for Printed Circuit Board

Hope this helps...

I understand what they are doing now. It's more than just regulating the voltage.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
It is compatible with any 510 connection including cartos/atomizers, etc...the only thing that won't work without an extender is the ego cone attys as this is 3mm wider than a regular ego. They are developign their own cone atty by the way. But this is only item that is not directly compatible without an extender (besides the MaXimizer which chris mentioned, again you can use an extender for that...)

We do offer the extenders on our site and when you purchase an ePower you have option to add one to your cart : )

I am using one now and they feel incredibly nice to the hand...nice heft slightly larger than a regular eGo.

Maybe dumb ?, but I don't use attys, so... It's 510 threaded, will a carto fit alright with the cone?

Last edited:

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
you can use ce2 with no issues, if you want to use a maximizer, ego-t or mega cone then you can use a 510 extender which we sell.

Thanks Chris!!!! So far I'm liking this! Question, when will the individual parts be available on the site? Maybe they are....I looked, but I couldn't find them! Just curious how much the batteries will cost!

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
You do not need 6 v to run a variable voltage unit. Case in point: the ProVari which uses one 3.7 v battery, albeit has a big 18650.

There are a whole bunch of vv and high voltage units out there that use a 123 style battery (lots and lots of variations here) such as the Joker AV, Buzz, SB but the capacity of two of these batteries is about the same as the 14650.

The ePower is a small, sleek unit and should be kept that way, even if you put a vv switch on it. A VV option would make the unit even more appealing because one does not have to go out and purchase new batteries and charger.

I have seen a K155 N (I believe) from Bauway which is a Chinese big tube mod. It is a nice looking unit, but it's big. You should start selling that one since it looks like good value for money.

Some people like big tube mods either for the extra capacity or high voltage. Nothing wrong with that. I have a ProVari and it is a great unit, but it does not leave my desk or studio at home. I got an Icon to replace all of those crappy egos and Rivas that failed me (8 and 3). I will use this unit for travel because I need something that is failsafe and small.

I am anxiously awaiting my second ePower. I have a black one and wanted the stainless from you.

Don't make the ePower too big!

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
I was gonna order me a new Ego mega battery , and saw these. I ordered a black one. It seem like a good mod. I ordered a 510 Extender also. Will that make my Ego-T atomizer compatible ? Look forward to getting it. I use my ego for work and when I'm on the go.
D.L.

Hehe. Is that what started it all?

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Yes the extender is about the size of a regular 510 atomizer so it will provide the clearance for it.

I was gonna order me a new Ego mega battery , and saw these. I ordered a black one. It seem like a good mod. I ordered a 510 Extender also. Will that make my Ego-T atomizer compatible ? Look forward to getting it. I use my ego for work and when I'm on the go.
D.L.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Couldn't agree with you more. Speaking with them last night they have an 18650 planned but I am going to emphasize to them, fine if you want to do a VV switch for the 18650 but offer a VV switch that will work as is. Some individuals aren't lookign for a full range of voltages (BR case in point would like to go down to 2.8v at time and isn't necessairly wanting somethign in the 5-6 range)...

So we are emphasizing with them to not mess with the classic eGo form factor when they do the VV or at least offer it on the ePOWER 14650 unit...

You do not need 6 v to run a variable voltage unit. Case in point: the ProVari which uses one 3.7 v battery, albeit has a big 18650.

There are a whole bunch of vv and high voltage units out there that use a 123 style battery (lots and lots of variations here) such as the Joker AV, Buzz, SB but the capacity of two of these batteries is about the same as the 14650.

The ePower is a small, sleek unit and should be kept that way, even if you put a vv switch on it. A VV option would make the unit even more appealing because one does not have to go out and purchase new batteries and charger.I have seen a K155 N (I believe) from Bauway which is a Chinese big tube mod. It is a nice looking unit, but it's big. You should start selling that one since it looks like good value for money.

Some people like big tube mods either for the extra capacity or high voltage. Nothing wrong with that. I have a ProVari and it is a great unit, but it does not leave my desk or studio at home. I got an Icon to replace all of those crappy egos and Rivas that failed me (8 and 3). I will use this unit for travel because I need something that is failsafe and small.

I am anxiously awaiting my second ePower. I have a black one and wanted the stainless from you.

Don't make the ePower too big!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread