ePOWER Replaceable Battery eGo Kit - MODULAR to the MAX - VIDEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
I will try to get the tube/switch/cone-only setup on the site sometime later this evening. We will have black, stainless and titanium available...

Thanks Chris!!!! So far I'm liking this! Question, when will the individual parts be available on the site? Maybe they are....I looked, but I couldn't find them! Just curious how much the batteries will cost!

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I have had mine since the Philly VF, and have been using it but I got a bad top cap where the switch is, the pin in the connector was not high enough so I'm being sent new switches, unfortunately it didn't work properly. However I am being sent two new top parts where the switch is. I really like these, they are a nice size and the 14650 last longer then the smaller 14500's do by far I'm finding.

Danno have you been able to get any IMR 14650'S for this unit, I haven't found any yet, and thank you for letting me know how it regulates the voltage to 3.7 I was unaware of this on this mod. I hope to have my 2 new top parts this week there in the mail now, please let me know about the IMR 14650's and if you will be supplying them or know where to get them

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
I think they are looking at stacking batteries as a possible option but the smaller version of the VV option in the present ePOWER form factor would have less of a range of course. They are thinking it may be slightly larger having to make room for a voltage indicator but I told them to avoid it if at all possible so the switches for the VV could be used as an upgrade. They will definitely have a VV option through for a 18650 PV...

Danno these would have to have a booster circuit in order to go higher than 3.7,4.2 with VV I believe wouldn't they if they only had one batt ? or where you thinking about stacking Batts in these ?

slappy

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago
I am thinking of upgrading to this epower, thing is I don't need the kit. So going with the "parts" route I would need batteries. Problem is this uses 14650 at 1050mah (I assume protected), I can only find 950mah and 1600mah. Two questions:

Would there be issue with using these instead of the intended 1050mah's?
I have various "AA" sized lithium-ion rechargeables already would they work?

My inquisitive idiocy showing...

Thanks in advance.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Do you have the model numbers on those...I can check directly with the horse's mouth for you. We do now have spare kits availbale and do have some high quality 14650 Protected coming in for them (from same company)...I do know that if you have a spacer the 14500's will work...on that note we will also be getting some tubes with a spring fit for the 14500 specifically...

I am thinking of upgrading to this epower, thing is I don't need the kit. So going with the "parts" route I would need batteries. Problem is this uses 14650 at 1050mah (I assume protected), I can only find 950mah and 1600mah. Two questions:

Would there be issue with using these instead of the intended 1050mah's?
I have various "AA" sized lithium-ion rechargeables already would they work?

My inquisitive idiocy showing...

Thanks in advance.

slappy

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago
Do you have the model numbers on those...I can check directly with the horse's mouth for you. We do now have spare kits availbale and do have some high quality 14650 Protected coming in for them (from same company)...I do know that if you have a spacer the 14500's will work...on that note we will also be getting some tubes with a spring fit for the 14500 specifically...

I Googled for 14650's and could only find this model in those mah values. But since your getting batteries, I might wait. The "other" AA's are your typical rechargable replacements for alkaline, varies from 900mah to 2800mah.

It's mainly the Tobacco carts, attys, and fancy packaging that I don't want. If I can save $20 to get Clearos, then great. May not work out that way though. How long is that intro sale for? :tougue:

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Ah, because there are 1.5v... duh! Thanks for the baseball bat to the brain.

Then the question is whether the mah value makes a difference?

I suppose you could use three AA or AAA batteries to get the required voltage, but the unit would be fairly long (longer than what I'd want to deal with)....

I believe voltage can be increased and the mAH would help with that, but even if that's the case the circuitry in the unit would not be capable.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Ah, because there are 1.5v... duh! Thanks for the baseball bat to the brain.

Then the question is whether the mah value makes a difference?

MAH or Milliamp Hours is a rating for the amount of time in between recharge cycles. It does not have anything to do with the output voltage so in that respect no it doesn't make a difference. It does make a difference in the useable time in between charging cycles, a 1000 mah battery will last longer than a 800 mah in between charges provided they are being discharged at the same rate.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
I have a new order in for them and they are coming within possibly a week. The nice thing about them is you can actually use a 14650 with them too, you just have to press the 14650 battery down a little harder on the higher spring...

Good idea on 14500 tube. When ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread