Not open for further replies.

marian00

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2008
California USA
www.vaporcig.com
Hello Everyone:

I'm so excited that I found yet another high quality e-cigarette that goes to the top of my list, with Sedansa, njoy, and Smart Fixx. It's called ePuffer. My goal is to try all of the different brands to make sure I've got the best. I told myself I'd quit purchasing them once I found my five top favorites. So I have one more to go. And, yes, I've tried about all of them. Still looking for that fifth one. Any suggestions, anyone?

My father died of lung cancer, and I have wanted to quit ever since I watched him die a horrible death. I never thought I'd find a way to quit since I was a chain smoker and had been so for 35 years . . . until I discovered electronic cigarettes. I purchased my first one in January of this year, and I have become obsessed with e-smoking ever since.

I started off with the cheapies. Big mistake and a waste of money. Anyway, my last real cigarette was consumed on February 22, 2008. So I am approaching my 6-month anniversary of quitting smoking. Now all I do is e-puff, but I'm afraid I'm still a chain-puffer, even at the office, which I guess isn't bad since I'm no longer exposing my body and lungs and those of others to over 400 harmful chemicals, carbon monoxide, and the cancer-causing bad guy, TAR!!! So I couldn't be happier or healthier. I can now walk up and down the stairs without huffing or puffing or feeling like my legs weigh 100 pounds apiece. My skin looks better, my tongue is no longer coated, and my eyes are no longer bloodshot (poor circulation due to carbon monoxide).

Okay. Enough about me. Now, the ePuffer. I purchased the ePuffer pen style about two weeks ago Yes, it's one of my favorites now because it meets all of my prerequisites in making "The list." They are as follows:
  1. Good, strong draw of vapor where I can feel the hit like a real cigarette
  2. Consistently delivers the hit to the back of my throat on each drag
  3. Easy, quiet draw
  4. Atomizer doesn't die on me when I e-drip, as long as I blow out the residue every once in a while
  5. Good battery life
  6. Good quality cartridges
  7. 30-day money back guarantee
  8. Seller responsive to my e-mails
  9. Excellent prices
  10. Service, service, service
Now, the prices. They are great!!! Right now ePuffer has specials on all of their electronic devices, which include the mini, the pipe, the cigar, and the pen-style. I purchased mine before the special, but that's okay since I am happy with my purchase. For the pen style, the one I purchased, it's regularly priced at $99 and is now only $79. That's a 20% savings. Plus you get 15 cartridges in your kit!!! And if you spend over $100, you will get another 5% off on your order. The 5% coupon code is EP4LESS, which is in all caps, case-sensitive.

In the pen-style kit I received the following:

1 Electronic cigarette (Ø= 9mm/12mm, length: 150mm)
1 AC Battery Charger
1 Extra Researchable Battery
5 Premium Tobacco Flavor Nicotine cartridges
10 Extra Bonus Nicotine cartridges (Apple, Cherry, Mint, or Premium Tobacco flavor)
1 Elegant black velour protective travel pouch
Instruction Manual

Their cartridges are very long-lasting and CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP. I purchased the cherry flavor with high nicotine. For a box of five cartridges, the price is only $9.95. Unbelievable!!! They have volume/bulk purchase discounts on all of their products, even the cartridges. If you purchase five boxes of the five-pack cartridges, it will cost you only $8.95 per box, and the price goes down even more after 10 and 25 boxes.

But guess what. They also sell great e-liquid, which of course I had to purchase. It's too hard getting e-liquid from China because of the Olympics. Anyway, the e-liquid works great and tastes great. I purchased a 30ml bottle for $29.95.

Also, the managing director of ePuffer, Shawn, actually is a former smoker himself and really does use his products, so he knows what we electronic cigarette puffers are looking for. He smokes/puffs non-nicotine now.

So all in all, I couldn't be happier with my new toy. Here is their Web site: http://www.epuffer.com

If you have any questions you'd like to ask me about the ePuffer product or any of my other favorites, please feel free to ask.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
I'm still evaluating ePuffer, but at this point I'm not as happy as you.

I first tried one of their atomizers. I liked it, it had an easy draw and produced lots of vapor. But it died after only a week.

Later, I tried a Sedansa, and I really wished I had the ePuffer to compare, but going by memory the ePuffer seemed as good as Sedansa. So, I used their 30 day warranty to replace the first atomizer, and also ordered one of their 3 packs. Additionally, since they advertise "high discharge" batteries, I wanted to see if those compared to Sedansa's long life batteries, so I got a starter kit. 5 atomizers total.

So far I've tried 3 of those, and only one has been even close to the Sedansa, in terms of vapor output. And while I haven't done a puff count on the batteries yet, they don't seem to be lasting any longer than normal batteries.

I have to conclude that there's a lot of variability in atomizer performance in ePuffer's stock. If you get a good one, it's great. But you're as likely to get a poor one as a good one. And I don't see anything special about their batteries.

marian00

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2008
California USA
www.vaporcig.com
I have to conclude that there's a lot of variability in atomizer performance in ePuffer's stock. If you get a good one, it's great. But you're as likely to get a poor one as a good one. And I don't see anything special about their batteries.

Hi Leaford:

I agree with you. Whenever I purchase an e-cig kit, I also always order the spare parts. And I have noticed performance differences between not only the brands but also within a certain brand.

I'm sorry you didn't get a good one from ePuffer. It took me about a week before I broke it in, and it's been good for my second week. If you don't see improvement, I would exchange it before your 30 days is up, as I'm sure you're already aware.

As far as the batteries go, perhaps I'm not a good judge because I always have four to five e-cigs going at any given time, taking turns with each, because I e-puff like I smoked: nonstop.

Sedansa is still my all-time favorite, though.

What is yours?

Last edited:

marian00

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2008
California USA
www.vaporcig.com
the e-puffer penstyle fits generic penstyle/Njoy etc (rn4075) atomizer/batteries??

Yes, I interchage the parts among Sedansa, Njoy, Smart Fixx, and ePuffer. I haven't had any problems, but then again, I heavily e-drip to ensure good delivery of vapor in all my different brands.

I've had all of my Sedansa pen-style atomizers since February, and they are still working just fine with my e-dripping. I'm hoping my other e-cig brands can hold up to the same.

marian00

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2008
California USA
www.vaporcig.com
Have ya checked out Cashme's site puresmoker.com? 5 cartridges for $4.95, atomizers for $9.95, and batteries for around $10 :)

Hi Nazareth:

No, I haven't. I really don't buy prefilled cartridges anymore. I use the e-liquid and the refillable cores that I get at E-Cig: Electronic Cigs -. You get five cores that you can put into your old/used inhaler. They are 45 cents for a five-pack.

Have you tried puresmoker's products? If so, what do you think? I may give them a try next. Heaven knows I've tried about every one of the major ones already. And we won't even speak about all of my eBay purchases!!

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
.45 for a five pack of empty cores!! heavens above, what a dealio!! how much to ship those bad boys?

i checked out the olympic e-cig
"This new product, developped specially for 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, looks like a Olympic Torch"
it does not look like an olympic torch though the cartridge is almost the same size as the battery. is this the same as any other model?

Last edited:

marian00

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2008
California USA
www.vaporcig.com
.45 for a five pack of empty cores!! heavens above, what a dealio!! how much to ship those bad boys?

"This new product, developped specially for 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, looks like a Olympic Torch"
it does not look like an olympic torch though the cartridge is almost the same size as the battery. is this the same as any other model?

Hi dc2k08:

I'm not sure about the shipping because I purchased 200 cores back in January and haven't ordered any since. I've forgotten. I think you have to start the checkout process in order to see what shipping is. But I buy Sedansa's cartridges as a treat to myself once in a while, and they are pretty cheap as well.

As far as the Olympic Torch . . . never heard of it. Do you have a link? I'd love to see it.

windblown

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2008
USA

esmokey

Jun 25, 2008
I totally agree with Mariam, and would avoid buying anything that looks too good to be true.

After buying a pen style electronic cigarette from ePuffer.com (that I love so much and it still works trouble free), I decided to save some money and buy another ecig kit to keep as spare.

I just looked at classic cigarette picture from puresmoker.com, and it looks exactly the same as the one I bought on ebay for $29.00. It came in black gift box and has the same charger. A spare battery has never worked, the one that works only lasts for 50-60puffs and then it goes blink, blink. The taste is awful, as it tastes like burned plastic.

I don’t really care about $29.00, for a little experiment, but I’m smoke free for two month now, reliability and customer service are two major factors if you are serious about e-smoking.

Looks like electronic cigarette suppliers are growing like mushrooms. Every week there is a new one. I'm not in any way associated with ePuffer.com, but will stick with them for now, as they provide everything that I need.

P.S. e-Liquid is great way to save money. You get about 150 refills for $29.95
Only 20 cents per refill, it just can’t get better then this, but then again we shall see :)

jarvis

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2008
Tx
Am I the only one tired of seeing the same re-branded e-cigs at silly prices? I've seen the same e-cigarettes, re branded and sold for anywhere from 90-150 dollars for a basic kit. And then I find the exact same e-cigs on ebay or one of the sellers that posts on this forum for a fraction of the price. What's going on here? I'm assuming it's just people trying to get rich quick and take advantage of the general publics' lack of knowledge about a new device that promises to solve all of their problems. The same goes for the 'name brand' ecigs. We know that the design of all e-smoking devices gives them a fairly short life before they burn out/decline in performance. So how can they double the prices for the same e-cigs, produced in the same factory as the one's you can buy for 40 dollars. Are you willing to pay 100 dollars more for a shinier box?

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
I just looked at classic cigarette picture from puresmoker.com, and it looks exactly the same as the one I bought on ebay for $29.00. It came in black gift box and has the same charger. A spare battery has never worked, the one that works only lasts for 50-60puffs and then it goes blink, blink. The taste is awful, as it tastes like burned plastic.

I don’t really care about $29.00, for a little experiment, but I’m smoke free for two month now, reliability and customer service are two major factors if you are serious about e-smoking.

The difference is that hte one you get from puresmoker will work- period. If not Cashme is a good dude and will work with you to make sure you have a workign model and get what you paid for. As well, his atomizer prices, cartridge prices, and battery prices just really can't be beat, and I can confirm the atomizers work very well and have worked for weeks now- more than I can say for my other ones that I got that cost $49 for just hte atomizer from another seller.

markab

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Hi dc2k08,
If you order in bulk they get even cheaper. Several months ago I ordered 300 empty carts from e-cig.com. It worked out to 7 cents a cart, I then use my choice e-liquid to fill them. They have several shipping options with varying costs.

Regards,
Mark

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
Am I the only one tired of seeing the same re-branded e-cigs at silly prices? I've seen the same e-cigarettes, re branded and sold for anywhere from 90-150 dollars for a basic kit. And then I find the exact same e-cigs on ebay or one of the sellers that posts on this forum for a fraction of the price. What's going on here? I'm assuming it's just people trying to get rich quick and take advantage of the general publics' lack of knowledge about a new device that promises to solve all of their problems. The same goes for the 'name brand' ecigs. We know that the design of all e-smoking devices gives them a fairly short life before they burn out/decline in performance. So how can they double the prices for the same e-cigs, produced in the same factory as the one's you can buy for 40 dollars. Are you willing to pay 100 dollars more for a shinier box?

Hey Jarvis

Pretty much agree with all you say. The suppliers I use post here. This forum is where I make my buying decisions (these days anyway - I jumped in with a couple of unwise purchases when I started).

Emp

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
I jumped in with a couple of unwise purchases when I started).

Me too- if I'd known then what I know now, I'd have bought much differently- I would have started with hte Ruyan throwaway cigars, then got a pipe, and then either hte 902 or hte loongtotem- probably the latter as I'm pretty well pleased by it despite it's weaknesses such as price.

KatyS

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
dc, I ordered 20(5 packs of ( Inhalers with Cores for E-MiniCig/E-Pack)today from e-cig.com they were .76 each, I also order some other stuff. shipping and handling was 29.35. Minimum shipping for them is 22.85. I try to order multiple stuff up to their limit for 22.85. next step in 26.00.

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
yeah,i totally agree...i can only assume they plan to take advantage of peoples ignorance and desperation...disgraceful...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread