The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Equivalent nic freebase to 20mg nic salt (in pod systems)

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Vapeianic, Feb 14, 2019 at 9:38 AM.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vapeianic

Vapeianic Full Member

Tuesday
    Hey there,

First of all, I am only vaping on every other weekend.

I was wondering what the equivalent of 20mg nic salt would be, especially in a pod system like the BO e.g.
    I am asking this because I used to refill my pods with a nic salt liquid which had 20mg nic salt.
    As I want to order new prefilled caps, I wonder how much normal nicotine I should go for. There are 8mg and 16mg as options. I read that normal cigarettes are supposed to have 12mg (?) and with Marlboro Red I was satisfied. I still want to have a nic flash with the caps.

Would be great if someone has a recommendation or so :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    What is BO? I take it it's one of the pod kits? Those produce little vapor and use low wattage, which is one of the reasons nic salts concentrations in pods are so high. If you're going to use freebase nicotine in the same pod, I'd go with 16 mg/ml. I vape 12-16 mg/ml freebase (not in pods though--mainly MTL RTAs) and ~25 mg/ml nic salts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Vapeianic

Vapeianic Full Member

Tuesday
    Yeah, it is something like a JUUL. Only the prefilled caps have freebase nic instead of nic salt.
    Thanks for the input :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Katya

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    So I looked up your Bo. Is this what you're using?

BO ONE

If so, those pods come in 3.5% (35 mg/ml) and 5.5% (55 mg/ml). Is that right?

5. Vapeianic

Vapeianic Full Member

Tuesday
    This is the device, but there seem to be different variations in the US o_O
    These variations are available here: bovaping. com /shop-now/ bo-caps
    Without the spacebars, seems like I can't post links yet :)

6. Katya

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    You can't post links yet because you're a very new member. :) It will change soon. Let me look and I'll get back to you in a sec.

7. Katya

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    So I'm here: BŌ CAPS: Flavored Vaping E-Liquid Pods | BŌ Vaping and I do see freebase caps at 16 mg/ml but the prices are listed in Euros? Anyway, they don't look like they are refillable. Hmm... Are they easy to refill?

8. My Batt Hurts

My Batt Hurts Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2017
    UK
    Hi - If you're in the EU, max nic strength is 20mg/ml.

My understanding is that nic salts usually give less throat hit than freebase at the same strength. As Katya says, try 16 - if it's too much, drop down to 8. Since it's a pod, 16 shouldn't hit your throat too hard.

Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. charlie1465

charlie1465 Super Member ECF Veteran

I'm using my pod with 36mg/ml nic salts. It's only been a week and it seems very satisfying and i've had no problems. I make my own salt nic so that it gives me the choice of which strength I like....the TPD laws in Europe make salts not usable really unless you get on alright with 20mg/ml or below :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2