Status
Not open for further replies.

rinkusu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Seattle, Washington
Hi Folks,

Per my agreement with Curt at eSmokeyShack, here is my first review of the 4 flavors he was gracious enough to provide me at no cost.

This is a completely impartial review of Curt's products over at esmokeyshack.com and I only received these 4 e-liquids in compensation for providing this review on this forum.

e-liquids reviewed:

• Flue-Cured 16mg
  • Coffee 16mg
  • Chocolate 16mg
  • Strawberry 16mg

Personal vaporizer used for review: Janty Minifogger (Micro E-Cigarette)

• Fresh atomizer for each review (drained and blown out)
  • Fresh battery for each review (fully charged)
  • Fresh fluval core for each review (newly cut fluval)
  • Fresh cartridge for each review (washed and cleaned)
  • Two drops of the reviewed liquid was also placed directly onto the atomizer for each review

Initial impressions:
The package I received was sent via USPS. I received 4 10 ml bottles of e-liquid and two slick business cards. Three of the four bottles (coffee, strawberry and flue-cured) were the type where you must take off the cap and cut the top off with scissors. The cap fits somewhat securely over the length of the bottle’s dropper-shaped top. The chocolate e-liquid bottle was an entirely different type of 10 ml bottle- the common ‘child-proof’ type that you tighten and then the cap itself can spin independently since it is now secured at the top. Neither types of bottles strike me as child-proof but that is par for the course for manufacturers of e-liquid- it has not really been perfected yet.

The bottles are labeled with eSmokeyShack’s logo, indicating the flavor and strength. There is a warning in red lettering to keep the liquid away from children and pets, as well as stating you must be 18 or older to use the product. The chocolate is similarly labeled with regard to warnings but does not have the eSmokeyShack label.

E-liquids on 0 - 10 scale:

Flue-Cured
Vapor production: 7
Flavor: 9
Throat hit: 8

Notes:
Vapor production is fairly good. Keep in mind I am only using a micro model and even though it is a Janty, larger vaporizers will undoubtedly produce more vapor (like my soon to be delivered Prodigy with an 801 atomizer at 5 volts which I will also be using to review these flavors!).

Flavor is an excellent smoked tobacco having a wonderful aroma. Very tasty and this would be it’s main selling point.

Throat hit is very good. It strikes the back of the throat and warmly permeates into the bronchia. I am sure the throat hit would be a lot stronger with the eSmokeyShack’s Extra High 24mg version of this e-liquid.

On the whole I would rate this e-liquid an 8. Highly recommended.

Coffee
Vapor production: 9
Flavor: 7
Throat hit: 6

Notes:
Vapor production is very substantial- even for a mini-fogger. My head was engulfed in a vast amount of exhaled vapor (after fully inhaling). Coupled with this e-liquid, I found the true meaning of why Janty used the name ‘minifogger’!

The flavor is indeed coffee, however there are hints of mocha-y-ness to it. Kind of hard to pin down. It reminds me of a mocha-latte, whatever the hell that is (I like my coffee black). It is indeed tasty, just not a true coffee flavor.

The throat hit is fairly slight, but very smooth. I much prefer a donkey-punch throat hit when it comes to coffee flavors. This is more of a smooth hit that is more a of swelling, seeping sneaky-like into the bronchia. It will hopefully be stronger at the 24mg.

Overall rating is a 7. Totally recommended if you’re looking for vapor production but if you’re looking for a strong throat hit or coffee flavor, I suspect you should try the higher strength 24mg.

Chocolate
Vapor production: 8
Flavor: 7
Throat hit: 7

Notes:
Vapor production is very good. Lots of good vapor with this one. Not as much as the coffee, but certainly enough to please a crowd.

The flavor is indeed chocolate-like, though I feel it could be stronger and it is more like a hot-chocolate kind of chocolate, not like a chocolate bar. I suspect it would be best vaped in conjunction with another e-liquid- probably best with a fruit flavor (or even the coffee, which would make it even more mocha-y!

While there indeed is a throat hit- especially on the initial vape, it kind of mellowed out as I took more drags off the minifogger. Once again, I’m sure it would be more substantial at the 24mg.

Overall rating is a 7. Definitely recommended- would probably reach its full potential if it were mixed with another e-liquid.

Strawberry
Vapor production: 8
Flavor: 8
Throat hit: 8

Notes:
Vapor production is very substantial. Yet another crowd pleaser that would even provide a hint of a strawberry nuance for anyone in close proximity.

The flavor is very good as strawberries go, and I totally dig on strawberries. While I couldn’t use it every day, it would definitely be a vape-of-the-day for me if I wanted to get away from my usual stand-by flavors that I use (which are pretty much in the tobacco, coffee and clove realm). It would probably mix well with other mixer-type e-liquids (cream, vanilla, chocolate, etc.). Also of note, I found the flavor becomes more pronounced on the exhale.

The throat hit is very interesting. It most certainly is there, yet as it as enters the bronchia, it tends to permeate and becomes a very full sensation- not really a hit, so much as a saturation of strawberries. It is most satisfying.

Overall rating is an 8. Combine it with mixer-juices or vape it alone. I very much recommend it as a very satisfying, fruit-filled vape.

Stay tuned. I will also be providing a review of these liquids when used with Pure Smoker's Prodigy (it vapes at 5 volts and utilizes a manual switch), which I hope will be shipped very, very soon!!

Last edited:

rinkusu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Seattle, Washington
I've finally found the time to review these e-liquids with the Prodigy from puresmoker.com. It's really quite simple:

The Prodigy, in D&D gamer terms, is effectively a +2 Vaporizer.

Consider all the above ratings +2 when vaped with a Prodigy.

After you've got enough experience points built up by checking out the intricacies of e-cigs and how they work and what works best for you, I highly recommend you get a Prodigy and vape with eSmokeyShack's liquids!

Jester357

Apr 29, 2010
Oregon, USA
I tried a few different types of juice from Esmokeyshack and frankly, I was a little disappointed. I picked up a bottle of Desert Ship (Camel), USA Mix (Marlboro), and Menthol. I don't vape for very long at all, I'm constantly having to top off my cart and they're HARSH on the throat on inhale AND exhale. Sad, because I was really looking forward to trying them too. Maybe it's just because I'm a newer e-cig user, anyone have any ideas to help me out?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread