Not open for further replies.

Atari

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Charleston, WV
[h=3]

Its back. ESOLID, the gel/paste eliquid.
[/h]
I couldnt get the videos to load, The link is above

ITS BACK. About two years ago I got a hold of a tube of Esolid by Feellife from the UK. It was untested and unregulated. Now its back and reformulated and currently only at Gotvapes.com Last time I got to play with this stuff I recognized the huge potential of a solid that lasts about 5-7 times longer drop for drop that liquid. There are a few different atomizer options coming as well, in this review Ill be demonstrating the "bulb" and giving you some info on the "V-Hit" that is set to come out soon. This is still "where no man has gone before" territory so there are a lot of questions, so lets see if we can answer a few of them. 1. Is it safe? From the material data sheets I have read up on I am comfortable testing it, but I do not make any claims to its safety for others, I am simply reviewing a new product.
What is it? It is a paste form of e liquid that evaporates much slower that e liquid. That of course is because as it heats up it melts into a liquid and then into vapor. Think of it like e liquid concentrate, just like orange juice. Now the interesting thing is the reaction when the concentrated vapor gets mixed with more air, its like adding more oxygen to a fire. Ill demonstrate later in a video For now lets take a look at what weve got.
This is a pic of the glass bulb and the tube of e solid

The paste is a lot thicker that the last version and a lot smoother. The last version seemed to have some mixing issues that worried me, It was a little chunky at times and even broke down in to pieces as it vaporized. So far nothing but smooth liquifying and evaporation from this version
And Im sure a lot of you are curious about the ingredients, so here you go

The bulb is similar to a CE2,3,4 ect with a short wick and coil in a ceramic cup. The buld is held on by two rubber washers and a stubby drip tip seals the top​
The bottom is 510 but not actually eGo threaded but fits snugly on an eGo none the less. You can also notice the air hole the center post is the same size as the air hole in the ceramic cup. Air flow can be an issue if your not careful​

Heres a shot of the wick loaded with a couple dabs of e solid, again be aware of the air hole​

Now that weve got it loaded, lets give it a try. I have it on a standard eGo battery 3.7 volts. This liquid is Banana flavored and medium nic, which I believe to be 16-18.Here we go.
Flavor/First hit.This is not for "dainty" vapors. I dont care how awesome of a coil you build or how many watts your putting out on your device. This will make it feel like a cheap gas station disposable! 10 drags and Im done, my head is swimming. I was pushing through it to try and use up all the e solid I put in it but Im done. Ok after some time I came back and noticed another unique thing about esolid

It re solidified. Hmmmm. I scraped the reconstituted esolid and put it back in the coil.....not a grat idea. It has lost most of its flavor but not its KICK. It is a little weaker but without the flavor its not worth it for me. If you a hard core nic head....by all means have at it.

I poured the "excess" out and refilled the cup. I tried putting the esolid right on top of the coil but had limited success. Ive found that filling one or both sides while leaving the middle open but making sure that it is touching the wick seems to be the best method. I will also warn you that unless you plan on vaping it for a while, its better to just fill one side as once it liquifies it will clog the air way and mix with the esolid "leftover" liquid that didnt vaporize yet. Use what you fill when you fill it , once it or again it goes to waste.When refilling you may have give it a hard pull or inhale to clear the air way if you got any of it into the airway. But as it warms up it will come loose also wait till it has cooled to refill or your just wasting it. Blow on it a few times till its cool to the touch or just let it set for a minute. This is still much like dripping but imagine 4-5 drops lasting longer and giving you much more vapor. Like I said before its concentrated and quite potent. Lets get a little video demonstration. Notice when I click the button its starts to vaporize, but when I start to inhale the bulb fills with thick vapor​
Now here is the same amount burning in open air with out air flow being forced into the mix​
Ignore the background noise, this is why I write reviews. Its never quite enough to film, I would have to take 30 takes just to get the intro.​
So the delivery system is a little different and does take some training and tweaking to get it vaping right but it will knock your socks off. So if esolid isnt new, then the atomizers must be? Well gotvapes is launching the V-hit. A funneled cartomizer, what little I have read it seems like an excellent way to "funnel" the esolid directly to the coil and avoid the waste of the bulb. Im looking forward to trying it too. Im not sure what flavors gotvapes will be offering but I know it comes in most all regular flavors from tobaccos to fruits, and sweets.​
So to recap
Pros
HUGE flavor and even bigger HIT
Last longer than liquid
No leaks
Easier to carry smaller amounts, no more carrying a 30 ml bottle
Cons
With the buld, refilling is still required more than a cartomizer
Still no long term studies on how your lungs handle it

Look for it soon at gotvapes.com and as always thanks for reading

l0stm4n

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2012
el paso, TX
dunno bout this, for one it seems that wicking is going to be a problem.
the other thing is that liquids are pretty straight forward, this gel thing on the other hand, god know what is involved in the manufacturing process. finally, it really does not seem as aesthetically pleasing as a tank full of liquid. a tank looks kinda psychedelic, far removed from any sense of burning tobacco, and attention grabbing, colorful. the gel looks just nasty gunked up and stuck to the walls of the light bulb tank thing,

Last edited by a moderator:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
20130407_201600.jpg

And what does Pancreatin do when put into an "e Solid"?

What is pancreatin? - Sharecare

8049-47-6 CAS MSDS (Pancreatin) Melting Point Boiling Point Density CAS Chemical Properties

Old Chemist

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
Poland
starychemik.wordpress.com
Hey, people - maybe it would be easier to use some toothpaste mixed with shoe polish. Sounds weird? For me not more weird than inhaling a mixture containing pancreatin, carboxymethylcellulose and hyaluronic acid.
But - as I used to say - everyone is of legal age and can choose their own poison.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hey, people - maybe it would be easier to use some toothpaste mixed with shoe polish. Sounds weird? For me not more weird than inhaling a mixture containing pancreatin, carboxymethylcellulose and hyaluronic acid.
But - as I used to say - everyone is of legal age and can choose their own poison.

Hummm?

Tooth Paste and Shoe Polish. I wonder if I could make Money selling that to Vapers. Sure, it might Hurt them. Or may cause All Kinds of Unknown Side Effects. But that isn't what is Important.

What is Important is coming up with something New that I could make some Quick Cash on before people Figure Out that it is just a Scam.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread