Status
Not open for further replies.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Saw this when it got listed on FT, Vic briefly mentions the reason I won't buy one, Big, thin, weak glass! Learned my lesson with the Big Buddha, busted the tank, bought a new one, tossed it in a drawer where it has remained. Kinda cool, but I never really cared much for these. I did have a brief moment of weakness, considered it, and was as far as I went. Never really cared much for the Big Dripper type tanks.

Reactions: dwcraig1

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Well I received mine yesterday and a mild case of buyer's remorse has already set in. It is OK I guess but I should have perhaps bought another Bellus or any one of a number of the new China tanks. I tried to re-coil it with NiFe52 and cut the legs off two coils so ended up putting the original coils back in. I'm not quite ready to condemn this to the "box" yet but it does look like it's headed in that direction.

Reactions: ccwaters

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
12615365_1141785545845668_2416417986538817810_o.jpg

Body is the same length

Reactions: 350ZMO

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
Try a dual series build, 24G Ni200 or your favorite NiFe, 3.5mm diameter, 7-8 wraps each, take that other juice hole grub screw out and squonk away.

IMG_5129.jpg

Had a difficult time getting the tank apart, used a leather belt on each end like a pair of strap wrenches. They really had it crunked down. Vaping 100VG 35W @360F.

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
Unkamen attempted to stock NiFe52 at the request of ECF members but it turned out to be Invar36 best we could tell. I guess he sent in back.
It has TCR and resistance similiar to SS

Now that's ironic, I've been looking for Invar wire and when I find it, it's really expensive, like $250 for 10m.

Well I didn't do so well with the Invar36, now it has twisted 26 Kanthal, two strands each coil.
Had it up to 80 watts, a bit much for me though.

Nice, I understand that, even at no or reduced nic 40 starts getting too much for me.

I like how this thing gives a cool vape as that is my preference. Seems to drip by itself without squonking. I'll have to check the top O-rings.

Again thanks for the thread Mr Craig, a gem of a find for me. Still rocking the GTII-S's.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I had a major flooding situation today. I proceeded to tear it down to disassemble the top portion when I determined that there was a good chance that I assembled previously with with one of the clear o-rings stuck to the upper glass section resulting in two o-rings at the top of the glass and no o-ring at the bottom. Time will tell.
The only o-rings in the top section are (2) 1 x 1 mm on each post that the small screws attach.
Edit: hours later: no flooding

Last edited:
Reactions: 350ZMO
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread