Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamekeeper

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 14, 2012
United Kingdom
www.ecigzoo.com
https://email.number10.gov.uk/

The thought of have eliquid banned appalls me. Either ban all tobacco and nicotine products or none. To ban e-liquid but allow cigarettes is corrupt.

You can email the UK prime Ministers office and they generously allow 1000 characters. This is all I could squeeze in.

"""""Dear Prime Minister’s Office. I feel the need to write directly due to the news that the EU Revision of the Tobacco Products Directive seems to indicate it is likely the nicotine liquid used in electronic cigarettes will be banned as it is addictive and may be unsafe. Yet tobacco is still going to be permitted even though it kills 90,000 per year in the UK. Apparently the MHRA has been lobbying hard for this. I have also discovered is MHRA are partially funded by the pharmaceutical organisations most threatened commercially by electronic cigarettes. This just looks like Government corruption. Electronic cigarettes are safer than smoking. In fact it is believed they may be 1000 times safer as no combustion takes place. NRT has a 95-98% failure rate and yet is the main MHRA policy (sponsored by pharmaceutical companies). There are 650,000 to 1 million users in the UK who may well choose UKIP after this latest EU policy impact bans their product. Please stand up for us.""""""""

Please drop a polite email to our Prime Minister urging action on our behalf.

Gamekeeper

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 14, 2012
United Kingdom
www.ecigzoo.com
I think this needs to be a EU wide campaign, contact your MEP and your MP. Hopefully some one will try to get ASH and the other health groups on our side.
Oh and send a snail mail rather than email, they find them harder to ignore.

I just have a bad feeling it is too late for my MEP or MP to do anything. I just want David to have one more reason to stick his fingers up at Europe, i.e it could cost 650,000 votes. Deprive ecig users and I don't see them voting pro-Europe. But I will certainly be visiting my MEP and MP. I have emailed No 10 in the past and it has got through.

RichoVonBlack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2012
Australia
Here in Oz our customs people are on our side, me can only "import" nicotine for personal use, but there's no definition or way of monitoring what personal use is, it's a complete grey area, if worse comes to worse all that can be "banned" is nicotine sales over the counter I'm not familiar how you get your juice so my apology if I've got this wrong. Enforcement is going to tank this, with budgets tight as a nuns proverbial which current EU government is going to find the cash to do this I wonder?, Greece?.

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
What I wrote :

Dear David,

I find it to be of short-sided behavior to support banning nicotine liquid for electronic devices. United Kingdom health professionals agree that electronic cigarettes are a less harmful route for smokers to put down tobacco. Banning nicotine liquid shows grand disregard to the public health. Please consider facts, not blown up ridiculous bias claims. New Zealand, Italy, they show wonderful studies supporting the benefits of this technology. Nicotine gets ignorantly tied as the "bad" part(when it is similar to caffeine) of smoking, when the bad part of smoking is not the nicotine but the actual smoking! The chemicals and addictive that nicotine liquid DOES NOT have added to it. Please consider the public health and your own loved ones who smoke! They deserve a fair chance to use electronic cigarettes with sucess! Banning nicotine liquid will only harm those who would have otherwise been successful in tobacco reduction should they have had a proper nicotine liquid.

--

I hope it's not too late. :( Friends over the pond, I wish you the best. The prime minister is an ex smoker who seems to secretly still love his smokes so maaaaybe you have a shot to get through to him.

However, I'm not sure they'll allow American input. I have yet to get a notification e-mail back to actually send the message to the PM.

Last edited:

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
They collect taxes on cigarettes, and the like. They aren't collecting the same taxes on the e-liquid. It's all about the money.

The thought of have eliquid banned appalls me. Either ban all tobacco and nicotine products or none. To ban e-liquid but allow cigarettes is corrupt.

You can email the UK prime Ministers office and they generously allow 1000 characters. This is all I could squeeze in.

"""""Dear Prime Minister’s Office. I feel the need to write directly due to the news that the EU Revision of the Tobacco Products Directive seems to indicate it is likely the nicotine liquid used in electronic cigarettes will be banned as it is addictive and may be unsafe. Yet tobacco is still going to be permitted even though it kills 90,000 per year in the UK. Apparently the MHRA has been lobbying hard for this. I have also discovered is MHRA are partially funded by the pharmaceutical organisations most threatened commercially by electronic cigarettes. This just looks like Government corruption. Electronic cigarettes are safer than smoking. In fact it is believed they may be 1000 times safer as no combustion takes place. NRT has a 95-98% failure rate and yet is the main MHRA policy (sponsored by pharmaceutical companies). There are 650,000 to 1 million users in the UK who may well choose UKIP after this latest EU policy impact bans their product. Please stand up for us.""""""""

Please drop a polite email to our Prime Minister urging action on our behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread