Everlasting juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrammaCool

Feb 17, 2012
San Antonio
I bought a smoketek 1.5 dual coil tank and put it on my Riva 510 thinking I had solved the problem of topping off those little plastic cartridges. Seemed like I was going through juice too quickly that way. Well, now I have the opposite problem: have been using this for 24 hours and the juice level in the tank has not gone down one tiny bit! I get some vapor and flavor, but takes a long hard draw to do so. Where am I going wrong? At this rate, I'd never have to buy juice again!

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
For the juice to get in where it can give you some vapor and flavor, it has to make its way through two little holes in the outside metal sleeve of the carto in the middle. If your juice is very thick - like it has a lot of VG in it - it won't get through those holes very well. You can make the holes bigger, or you can make the juice thinner. To make the holes bigger, I'd probably wind up macguyvering something in my garage, and I can't recommend anything specific to you, because I don't know what you have available. To make the juice thinner you can use vodka to thin it down a little. Just a little - too thin will run all over the place. Add the vodka to the tank with an eye dropper and stir thoroughly.

the_austrian

Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Austria
You have to fill the carto correctly before use, otherwise you can very very easily burn the material surrounding the coils.

Your description of it producing very little vapor makes me think that your carto is too dry.
With tanks you can aid the liquid flow by taking one or more draws without firing. You should see little air bubbles coming out of the hole in the carto, which also confirms that everything is working correctly.

I would recommend everybody who uses DC tanks to watch one or more tutorials on the proper use on YouTube. I have seen pictures of dual coils that have been too dry - and it wasn't pretty. Think charcoal... And nobody knows what you might inhale in those cases...

werkkrew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2012
Philadelphia
www.werkkrew.com
A great way I have found to enlarge the holes on the cartomizers used in tank systems is to pick up a saddle valve.

I got mine at Home Depot for $10, works great. Don't need to fuss with a drill or fumble around with sharp objects.

They look like this:

saddle-valve.jpg

Mine is 1/4" one.

RocketRod

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
I didn't like a DCC tank on the Riva batt for the same reason. Just not enough batt power for me with my juice to satisfy. My juice is 80/20. If you get the saddle punch and make the hole too big you can then flood the carto then giving you even more frustration. Everything is user trial and error until you find your perfect combo & rhythm. Try a single coil 1.7Ohm.

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
I must say I never really had any problem punching Boge 2.0 cartos, but I never actually punched a Smoktech dual coil. I also agree that the Riva is probably unable to power two stadard resistance coils at the same time (I wish they made it clear that this is what a "low resistance" dual coil carto is, essentially so people don't get the surprise of their life when the "1.7 Ohm" vapes worse than their 3.0 Ohm).

RocketRod

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
Something I have done when filling tanks. You know that little white tip you get an toss off a Boge carto, put it on your tank carto before you pull the tank up to fill it. Or buy a "Slap Your Momma" adapter. You can also get a bottle tip that has a blunt syringe type end.

I have also dry hit my tanks about every 10 draws to ensure they remain wet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread