Every one seems to be complaining about the new tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Including me. People's clearos are not wicking, tanks are leaking, etc... protanks are cracking, this new space age looking pod is not threading etc etc etc.

never seen so many 'problem threads.'

Honestly, go back to the ego-t (Or LEO) or Xl cartos or dripping if you want hassle free vaping. I used two ego-t attys, one xl janty carto and one Janty 510 dripping atty and that's all I bought in EIGHT MONTHS device delivery wise back in 2010.

Now I'm burning through ego-c attys and messing around with evods that have to be stood upside down with juice in etc and it's all a big fat PITA.

Trust me, ego-t, XL cartos from Janty or Boge, and some 510 sr or lr dripping attys and a drip tip.

You'll be using your credit card a lot lot less and visiting this forum for help a lot lot less..... oh and using a lot less juice because these devices I mentioned do not leak like the new stuff.

Oh and none of it had to be re-wickable and / or rebuildable.

A small minority will flame me now - go ahead, flame on. But if you want cheap hassle free vaping, honestly try the above before you get into anything fancier.

I'm talking delivery devices and attys, I'm sure APV's are pretty cool if you need the extra power.

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
I dont have any problems with my Evods and havent dropped a Protank yet. Honestly though, if you drop something and it breaks, is it YOUR fault, or a problem with the product?

In my early days i used cigalikes with cartotanks, it was hassle free while i bought prefilled cartos and just used em till they tasted junky and threw out. Once i started using my own juice and buying clearos etc the problems began. Now i feel like im finally at peace again with my evods and protanks...

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
I, for one am not complaining.
I've slowly progressed from ce4 to ce5 to kanger t3 to t3s to pro tank.
They have given me progressively better vapes, until the protank which in my opinion mutes flavour and throat hit. I don't blame the protank or the manufacturer, because each person will vape differently and have different tastes. Minor leaks have occurred, but easily solved.

Please remember, what works for you, may not necessarily work for another. So as long as you're happy, vape on.

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
I'm with the others. I got my first eVod recently, and I'm loving it. (I've never even heard of turning it upside down, and never have done that). It's more hassle free (and better tasting) than the cartos/tank that I was using. My cartos are collecting dust, and I have two more eVods on the way.

Last edited:

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Hank-1.jpg

HughDaHand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Swartz Creek, MI
There is someone out there that is having problems with every delivery system, some more than others. Once you find something that works well for you sticking with it never a bad idea. Personally Vaping has become a little bit of a hobby for me and I like to try out alot of different delivery systems. I usually end up coming back to my evods with cotton wicks in the end, that is just what has been working well for me. We all have different a vaping style so having lots of options to fill our needs is always a good thing in my opinion.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I love my protank and Evods, Never had any issues at all.

Upside Down ??????????????:confused:

The "Upside down" bit was a suggestion I gave to help with leaking. It's what I do when I leave my devices in the vehicle during this Cool border Texas weather we have... Turn your device upside down and the heat buildup in the vehicle won't force the juice out the coils.
But yes, what the OP is saying is a perversion of that for the OP's own means.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Upside down - they leak out the base of the drip tip.

On the side they leak out the window.

right way up they leak out the bottom of the atty.

That's TWO in one order. Not impressed. Good performance for a day and then utter garbage unless I wan tto fiddle around pouring the juice out so I can leave them overnight not leaking.

Honestly, never had these issues with ego-t or XL cartos.

PS - don't buy Chinese cloned ego-c's either - they suck worse than the real ones which also suck.

I'm finding me some bargain basement ego-t attys and some of the new dual coil XL cartos. Less hassle, no leakage = good.

Now my evods - I'm not sure they are klanger - they look 100% the same as the ones on the site and in videos to the tee, but not sure, were just advetised as EVOD.

Anyway they suck .... and leak. YMMV

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
To an extent I have to agree with HotWire. Not so much with the batteries he's suggesting, but most of the "space age" heads are just plain junk when compared to an old fashioned dripping atty or carto.

Yeah I can see me upgrading to a VV when I get the funds and after having tried one out in store first, but honestly this new space age stuff as you said unless you're into re-wicking and rebuilding and massive juice loss through leaking - an XL carto and / or an ego-t (I thought the latter were ace and am going back to them, hell they're cheaper now - remember they came with a SIX MONTH warranty from Joyetech, Janty and Ovale?... That's how sturdy there are) are just simpler up to the job devices, less wick, less distance to atty, less parts = easier.

Anyway 14 likes in like an hour or so since posting says I might not be ga ga....

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
Now my evods - I'm not sure they are klanger - they look 100% the same as the ones on the site and in videos to the tee, but not sure, were just advetised as EVOD.

Anyway they suck .... and leak. YMMV

Maybe they're not Kanger ones? Or, maybe I just got lucky. I've only had mine for a little less than two weeks, but I use it all day, every day and haven't had any leaking.

razor4432

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Wisconsin
I have not had any troubles with my Protank and have had it since March I think. Got it shortly after they came out. My only beef with it is the fixed tip, would like to use one of my own drip tips, but that is all. Carto tanks have been a little learning curve but mainly from not filling the carto with enough liquid and burning it. Problem solved by flooding carto when I set it up and no more problems. It's the nature of the beast with e-cigs, going to have to learn what each device requires to work without problems and its attitude.

No this isn't as easy as pulling a cig from a pak and lighting up but the rewards are far greater than the little quirks here and there. Also the complainers should keep in mind this stuff for the most part is mass produced in China where QC is none at best and some clearos/cartos will be better than another identical one, which is where learning to rebuild is invaluable. That way you are the QC and the tank will work only as good as you set it up.

Sorry for the long winded reply but hopefully my $.02 makes a little sense.

Happy vaping :vapor:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    My first PV was an eGo-T, and it only took me about 2 weeks to figure out that those eGo-T atomizers were over priced, didn't work all that well, and didn't last. I then discovered the pleasures of dripping, and have never looked back. I even bought a Reo (bottom feeder) so that I could safely 'drip & drive'.
    Some of the RDA's are pretty darn good, provided that you still have fingers that work well enough to wrap a coil, and some are junk.
    I've pretty much tried all of the clearos, from CE2's to ProTanks, and none of them match up.

Last edited:

Hotwire

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 20, 2010
    England
    ^^ Lucky you. I've lost 5ml of juice from leaking in two days.

For me ego-t / XL boge or Janty / joye cartos is as easy as it gets.... Maybe I got a bad batch, but both from the same order, that sucks and has put me off. The ego-t atty used to (not sure if still does) come with a 3 or 6 month warranty (not for the tawa.) I am not seeing that kind of warranty offered with evods or protanks.... Instead am seeing a lot of

Due to the disposable element of the cartomisers, they come with DOA warranty only.

best I've seen so far is 14 days.

Janty still offering 3 months on ego-t (Now called 'jets.')

JETS (Janty eGo Tank System) atomizers (except LR or TAWA atomizers) are covered by our Janty Warranty Program for 3 months from the delivery date and batteries for 6 months.

I know where my money is going, to the company that believes in the lifespan of it's product.

That warranty says more than I can.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread