EVERYONE PLEASE READ: DRAG2 REVIEW (The Original One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
***NOTE*** When I first wrote this review I was told by a friend that it was really harsh. So after I read it I agreed that it was harsh and re-wrote it. I sent a private message to voopoo lexi and told her the circumstances. She responded back asking me to please remove the first review, making it sound like that they only want to see POSITIVE honest reviews. Screenshot_20181029-070634.png There were several members who were upset that I removed the first review stating that it was probably the most honest review that they had seen. So with out further ado here is the first AND final review...

MY REVIEW OF THE VOOPOO DRAG2

Please note that even though that this review is also up for an additional VooPoo contest, this is a very Unbiased review. I refuse to let a contest sway my opinon and review of this product. I will do the review first then the pros and cons.

Before I go any further with this I want to give everyone (especially beginners) some advice. When you buy a New Mod from any Vendor always go to the support section of the Vendor’s website and see if there is a firmware update. If there isn’t an update available always check back at least once a week and when the firmware update is available, update the unit.

Unboxing The VooPoo Drag2:
As you can tell by the pictures no where on the box or packaging does this say DRAG2. I was wondering if they had made a mistake and accidently sent me the original DRAG until I found the Manual and it says DRAG2.

Everything is very neatly packed in the box. The kit includes the DRAG2 MOD, U-Force Resin Tank, 1 Regular Coil, 1 Triple Mesh Coil, 1 Bubble Glass, 1 Tube Glass, Charge Cable, Replacement O-rings, Warranty Card and Manual.

Manual:
As with any product you should always read the Manual and Operations Guidelines. Don’t just open the product thinking that it’s just like every other Mod or Kit because this Mod isn’t like every other. I am impressed with certain areas of the Manual but some parts need revised. The manual only highlights areas of operation. It does not do a break down of what the Gene FIT Chip is suppose to do or what it is used for.

IMG_20181023_122409.jpg IMG_20181023_122424.jpg IMG_20181023_123242.jpg IMG_20181023_123716.jpg

Mod Operation:
(A). Tank –
The tank is a basic tank. Breaks down in 4 parts minus the coil: Base, Glass, Top and Drip Tip. I like the idea of a removable drip tip. Makes cleaning the tank a lot easier.

I began with the Regular Coil. Now the way I do this may not be for everyone but I have found that by doing this this way it’s a lot less messier. I put my coil into the base dry then I prime it. This way you aren’t getting juice all over your hands and fingers. Placed the glass tube on then attached the top. To fill the U-Force the top slides back and there is a fill slot. Ta-Da tank is full.

(B). MOD – To place the Batteries (2) into the Mod just simply pry the Magnetic Door off. It is located where it says DRAG on the back. There is a battery ribbon so when you need to remove the batteries it lifts the batteries out when pulled. Once you have placed the batteries in just place the battery door back on to the Mod. Press the fire button 5 times rapidly and the Unit comes on. Put the tank on and you are ready to go.

As I stated I started out with the Regular Coil. The clouds were there but not much on taste. I mean I could taste the flavor of the juice but it was a dull flavor. After using this coil for about 2 hrs I had to change it out to the Triple Mesh Coil that came with the kit. This was much better. Better flavor, Better Air Flow and better clouds.

I then began going through the various settings and Modes including the Gene FIT Mode. To be honest I couldn’t tell a difference with the Gene FIT Chip…

SO NOW LETS GET TO THE PROS AND CONS: This is probably where I am going to be disqualified from the 2nd contest but frankly I can care less. They told me that they wanted an Unbiased and Honest review and that is what I am giving them. If they cant handle the truth about their product then maybe they should ask for reviews.

PROS – Color and Design. The colors and art work on these new DRAG2 are poppin. The design change from the original Drag is the fact that they have gotten rid of most of the sharp edges by rounding them which make this some-what comfortable to hold in the hand and makes it pocketable without getting caught up on the pocket.

CONS – And here we go!

1). Packaging: Nowhere on this box does it say DRAG2. The paper sleeve says VooPoo DRAG. The Black Box says VooPoo. You don’t even know that you have the DRAG2 until you look in the Product/Owner’s Manual.

2). Tank: The tank is too small.

3). Charge Cable: Too short but I have noticed that a lot of the companies put a cable too short in the package. I don’t charge my batteries while they are in the unit. I use a separate charger but as a convenience I would prefer a longer cable.

4). Owner’s Manual – It describes the product and describes the various modes but no where does it describe the Gene FIT nor what it’s purpose is.

5). MOD – Here is where a lot of the problems are:

(a). Weight – They are advertising this as a light weight Mod. Lighter than its predecessor at any rate. This is a heavy Mod. Heavy enough that when I un boxed it I thought it actually had batteries in it. I compared it with my Aegis Legend 200w and they both weigh the same.

(b). Texture And Feel Of The Mod – The texture of the mod is very smooth and slick which means that you are going to want to grip it a little firmer which means it will become uncomfortable to continuously hold.

(c). Battery Door – If you are not familiar with the VooPoo Product then it will take you a bit to find the Battery door. Even in the Manual nowhere on the diagram of the DRAG2 does it point out the Battery Door. It points out everything else. I think it makes sense, as a visual aid, to place the Battery Ribbon sticking out of the battery door before boxing. The Battery Door is magnetic and is somewhat time consuming due to being too strong of a magnet. With the magnet being this strong you have to put it back on spot on the first time. If you don’t then you are going to fight with it. You can’t just “Slip” it back into place. They should have made this to where you could open the bottom part of the unit to put the batteries in.

(d). Wattage Setting – If you turn the Unit off or change out the batteries with the tank still on, when you turn the unit back on be sure to check your setting before hit the fire button because it will change the setting to the recommended setting for the coil but at the same sense it doesn’t read the coil correctly for the recommended setting. For Example I run at 60-65 Watts. Every time I turned the unit off and then back on or changed the batteries with the tank still attached it changed the setting automatically to 80 Watts. I changed the batteries out yesterday with w Freemax Mesh Pro Tank on and when I turned the unit back on it had changed the wattage to 90. The Mesh Pro Coils are rated for 40-70 Watts.

(e). Battery Display – The battery display reading is wrong. It shows 2 battery Icons with 5 levels of power. Every time I have changed the them I put fully charged batteries in the unit. The first time on day one it showed a full charge for the first 4 hours. I thought to myself “Hey this Gene FIT Chip really works” On the 6th hour it dropped 3 bars on the right Battery Icon and 1 bar on the left. I took the batteries out and put them in my charger and both batteries where down to 1 bar on the charger. I put freshly fully charged batteries in the unit and tried it again. And again for the 4 hrs it showed a full charge and as it did on the 6th hour on the first time it dropped 3 bars on the right Battery Icon and 1 bar on the left. I took the batteries out and put them on my charger and again both batteries where down to 1 bar on the charger.

(f). Gene FIT Chip –I see absolutely no use for this. It states 1 setting is for Better Flavor, 1 setting is for Better Clouds and 1 setting is for Better Battery Life. I saw absolutely no difference in any of the settings. NONE. Setting 1 is for better Battery Life. In setting 1 it will cut the power of the device by slightly over half. Setting 2 is for better flavor. I notice no difference. Setting 3 is for better cloud. Again I saw no difference.

(g). Not User Friendly – For an advance Vaper Yes. For a Beginner absolutely not. If they want to gear this towards a beginner as a starter kit then they need to make a lot of changes to this…

Personally I think this Mod is Junk. I would not pay $10.00 for it. Definitely not the $135.00 that they are asking for it here in the U.S. How can a company release a device like this without a Firmware Update to back it up. There is no firmware update present on their site. Only for the DRAG.

Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread