Everything for my SVD has arrived! Naturally I've got a few questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEAc23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Washington
So I have finally received everything from my orders on Sunday/Monday, and now I have a few questions to ask so I don't mess anything up.

First off, here is a list of everything I got:

1. innokin iTaste SVD (Express Kit from VaporEngine)
2. 2x Protank II and 5 extra 2.2Ω coils
3. 2x AW IMR 18490's (ordering some 18650's soon)
4. Nitecore Intellicharger i4 v2
5. 10' each of 30 & 32 gauge Kanthal + 3' each of 1mm & 2mm Ekowool
6. 5 pack of Kanger T2 2.2Ω coils (for my Halo Tritons)

And now to my questions:

1. The SVD instruction booklet says to put battery in with the positive end towards the end cap. Although I remember reading somewhere here on ECF that you were supposed to ignore the booklet and use common sense (considering the end cap is marked with the negative sign), but I can't find the thread/post so I wanted to double check.

2. Should I charge my batteries before putting them in the device?

3. Do I need to do anything with the 3 o-rings that came with the Protank II's, or are they just extras?
4. Is there anything else I should be asking :confused:

Thanks everyone, I appreciate any help... Oh and I'm about to head to Wal-Mart in about 15 minutes, but when I come back I will answer any questions...

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
on the battery + side to the top.
yes charge the batteries, they might have a charge but it will not hurt to top them off.
suggest to clean the threads & contacts....ISO works well.

if your SVD is telescopic do not over-tighten it after putting in the Battery.....i usually snug it up real good then back it off a quarter turn...

someone else will have to tell ya about the Protank, do not own one

....enjoy

DEAc23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Washington
Thanks for the response, I was pretty sure that the + side went towards the top, but I wanted to make sure considering what the directions said.

I'm not too worried about the Protank 2 o-rings, as I've watched a couple un-boxing videos and I'm pretty sure they are just for extras (for what I don't know...yet).

DEAc23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Washington
Ok I got one of the PT2's filled up and now I'm charging my batteries, so I should be good to go :D

By the way here's a few pics of everything I got the past couple days:

0502141519.jpg
0502141519b.jpg 0502141520.jpg 0502141519a.jpg

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
So I have finally received everything from my orders on Sunday/Monday, and now I have a few questions to ask so I don't mess anything up.

First off, here is a list of everything I got:

1. Innokin iTaste SVD (Express Kit from VaporEngine)
2. 2x Protank II and 5 extra 2.2Ω coils
3. 2x AW IMR 18490's (ordering some 18650's soon)
4. Nitecore Intellicharger i4 v2
5. 10' each of 30 & 32 gauge Kanthal + 3' each of 1mm & 2mm Ekowool
6. 5 pack of Kanger T2 2.2Ω coils (for my Halo Tritons)

And now to my questions:

1. The SVD instruction booklet says to put battery in with the positive end towards the end cap. Although I remember reading somewhere here on ECF that you were supposed to ignore the booklet and use common sense (considering the end cap is marked with the negative sign), but I can't find the thread/post so I wanted to double check.

2. Should I charge my batteries before putting them in the device?

3. Do I need to do anything with the 3 o-rings that came with the Protank II's, or are they just extras?
4. Is there anything else I should be asking :confused:

Thanks everyone, I appreciate any help... Oh and I'm about to head to Wal-Mart in about 15 minutes, but when I come back I will answer any questions...

Ty, I had a vv bottom feeder catch on fire(first push of on button fire in hand only way to stop it was grasp batteries while on fire and remove that I loved more than sun and sardines,) when I got the svd it freaked me out that the instructions were wrong.

DEAc23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Washington
I can't believe they haven't changed the instructions on it, of course it's a little crazy that they would get it wrong in the first place. I mean how did whoever wrote the manual up not realize how counterintuitive this line is (the underlined part in the box):

0502141748a.jpg

If you can't read it, it says: "and the positive (+) end out towards the battery negative (-) Cap." :confused:

old_geezer

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2014
Lansing, MI USA
I got my SVD 2 days ago. Already had the Nitecore i4 V2 from being a flashlight nut. Also got the Protank 2. I'm finding it is a great setup. I had about 40 quality laptop pull 18650's already so I'm running in big mode! The Protank 2 works well, but I'm finding myself going back to my Evods because I have so many of them I can switch flavors around. Another reason I went Protank 2 instead of 3 was my EVOD coils fit it. I've been rebuilding them with cotton and 5-6 wraps of 32ga kanthal and they work way better than stock silica coils. No gurgles or leaks anymore, just clouds. I did find the SVD way heavier than I thought it would be. My MVP 2.0 is a lot better for pocket carry. I'll end up keeping the SVD for home or maybe in car use only if I feel safe about cooking the batteries in a hot car..:(
- Joe

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I did find the SVD way heavier than I thought it would be. My MVP 2.0 is a lot better for pocket carry. I'll end up keeping the SVD for home or maybe in car use only if I feel safe about cooking the batteries in a hot car..:(
- Joe

Hi Joe - it is a bit heavy but is actually lighter than some other tube mods. In 18350 it is not much at all weight wise. I'm blowing vapor all over the place with mine right now - using an AGA-T.

DEAc23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Washington
I plan to get an MVP2 to use as an on the go VV/VW device ASAP, as I doubt I will be carrying the SVD around with me. Mainly because it's so big and heavy, but I actually like that about it, as it feels nice and solid/well-built. Plus it's producing some great vapor using a 2.2Ω coil and set at 6.5 watts :vapor:

Oh and I've been using it for about 10 hours, and the 18490 literally just went from 4.0v to 3.9v, which seems pretty good to me :thumb:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I plan to get an MVP2 to use as an on the go VV/VW device ASAP, as I doubt I will be carrying the SVD around with me. Mainly because it's so big and heavy, but I actually like that about it, as it feels nice and solid/well-built. Plus it's producing some great vapor using a 2.2Ω coil and set at 6.5 watts :vapor:

Oh and I've been using it for about 10 hours, and the 18490 literally just went from 4.0v to 3.9v, which seems pretty good to me :thumb:

I'm at 7.5 watts. These mods are really nicely made - quite classy actually.

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
yea i like mine between 6.5 & 8w with a 2.1 coil on an X.1 Tank....depending on the juice, Halo Belgain Cocoa Vapes great at 6.5.....Cinnamon Roll is really good at 7 to 7.5w and the Blueberry & other fruit types i use are mighty fine at 8w....some go hotter but i sorta like a cooler Vape unless i'm Subbing w/my Mec's then bring it on.

old_geezer

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2014
Lansing, MI USA
I've decided the SVD (What I'm smoking on now) isn't any better than an MVP 2.0. Worse actually. Lower battery capacity and no pass through ability. No charging from micro USB. And to put things in perspective. All these guys are is a VV battery. Some can show you Ohms which is a big plus when rebuilding your own coils. But besides that my plain Ego Twists work as well as an SVD for smoking a Protank/Evod or anything normal. My friends say the SVD looks like the "Forget Stuff" device in Men in Black. So it is cool. It's just big and not so useful besides the ohm meter. I'd take a couple of big twist/spin VV batteries or an MVP 2.0 instead of the SVD anyday. We aren't even talking the need to buy 18650 batteries and a charger. SVD is just cool, not useful and not cost effective at all.
- Joe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread