Status
Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
OK, this maybe a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway. i have had many different e-cigs before but first 510. Does the cart have to fit into the atty any certain way? I notice that the carts are OVAL at the wick/juice end and should that be positioned to fit around the bridge of the atty???:confused:

Yes, the cart should run the same direction as the white ceramic piece in the base of the atty, as seen in this photo:

Cartalignment.jpg

Photo Credit: Elcypse

gsc4077

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Richmond, VA
Soaking/Baths: Soak in one of the following; Everclear or 100 proof vodka, isopropyl alcohol, diet cola, Polident (denture cleaner), hydrogen peroxide, vinegar or ice machine cleaner. Rinse VERY well under hot running water. Dry 48 hours.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Holy cow! a practical use for Everclear . . because drinking it is not one of them :p

Thanks for the post, a lot of help for us new to the game :)

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Wow Kristen, thanks for all your hard work on this thread! :thumbs: I've been reading non-stop for over a week now and I sure wish I would have read your thread first! :cry:

I think the hardest part for a noob is the terminology and understanding what posters are talking about...it gives me a headache. The older I get the harder it is to get instructions to stick (maybe I need some crazy glue?)! 8-o You did an excellent job of educating us 510 owners and I really appreciate it.

Allie

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Does it honestly matter how the carts line up with the atty? I use whistletip carts and lining up similar to your above picture puts the button in an awkward place when holding it in my mouth.
Some people apparently have had cartridges melt a tiny bit if they did not line them up.
I would say if your cartridges are not melting at all then don't worry about it.

dmarnaud2

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Tauranga, New Zealand
Yes, the cart should run the same direction as the white ceramic piece in the base of the atty, as seen in this photo:

Funny, I have been aligning them 90° out for the last 5 months. I initially was going to make a post with sketches but got distracted. I figured that having the long part of the cart throat align with the bridge would maximize contact between the packing and the bridge.

I only get melting when I'm running hot and taking long drags and that usually results in a fried atty so I generally keep it down to about 5-6 seconds and then hold the stick by the atty so I can feel when it gets hot and when it's safe take another drag.

Also, the auto drip spring mod kicks .... I stoped using or searching for another method as soon as I tried it! I was considdering the brass screen mod but every place I looked for a brass pipe screens here in New Zealand, the folks looked at me like I was from Mars. My carts now cook dry and I was able to stop dripping, which was driving me crazy while I was driving.

Remember: Don't drip and drive; auto drip dry!

Great job on the guide.:thumb:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Thanks Kristen!

Are there other attys that can be used with the Joye 510 that might be better than the one it comes with? I'm having problems with the taste after I vape awhile and think it might be because of how much I use it.
Not that I'm aware of. Actually, I highly doubt it's the atty you're tasting, unless you're letting it get dry and any atty will do that under that circumstance. Make sure you have a good cart filler that wicks liquid well to the atty. Also, the liquid itself could be the problem - you may want to switch brands.

Try cleaning the atty and changing the cart filler. What filler are you using? The polyfill that comes with the cart? If so, try the http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/52430-ptb-straw-mod-ptb-made-easy.html mod or any of the other cart modsout there.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Interesting Sun. I haven't had a problem with burnt atomizer taste since I learned to modify my cart filler and keep the atty wet. I look forward to your report!

Kristin---the Expert's Forum is getting flooded with complaints from new members and my PM box is getting loaded with Vetern Compalints about these atomizers so I can only conclude that there is something afoot here.

Sun

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Not that I'm aware of. Actually, I highly doubt it's the atty you're tasting, unless you're letting it get dry and any atty will do that under that circumstance. Make sure you have a good cart filler that wicks liquid well to the atty. Also, the liquid itself could be the problem - you may want to switch brands.

Try cleaning the atty and changing the cart filler. What filler are you using? The polyfill that comes with the cart? If so, try the http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/52430-ptb-straw-mod-ptb-made-easy.html mod or any of the other cart modsout there.

I've tried every cart mod on this forum and still get a burnt taste after awhile. My attys work great so I hate to fool with them too much. I do blow them out regularly and tried cleaning one in Crest Mouthwash. When I do a dry burn I get a nasty smell coming off the wick. I just don't know how long I should do a dry burn before it damages the atty.

It happens after vaping for a long period and it's just gross! I can't get the taste/feeling out of my mouth!! When I change to a new atty it doesn't do it but my mouth is still ruined for the day.

Unless I can find a solution I'm concerned that this will keep me from vaping long term.

Now I only vape Tasty Vapor 10vg/90pg @ 24mg and the juice is very clear and clean tasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread