Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
like many of the reviewers have been saying... it should have been a true vw device from the start.
i have seen reviews since the update and unfortunately it is still missing the mark on meters.
they lied to us about its amperage limitation, had us buy it, and then changed it from 15 to 11 amps.
now they've officially said that a firmware update will NOT be able to raise the amps above 11amps.
this device is fantastic for your average vaper... but someone that wants the latest and the best...
WOULD be disappointed with the joyetech eVic and I suggest you wait for what I suggest the evic is trying to be... The Janty MiD, which is available for pre-order now and will be shipping January 15th.

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
like many of the reviewers have been saying... it should have been a true vw device from the start.
i have seen reviews since the update and unfortunately it is still missing the mark on meters.
they lied to us about its amperage limitation, had us buy it, and then changed it from 15 to 11 amps.
now they've officially said that a firmware update will NOT be able to raise the amps above 11amps.
this device is fantastic for your average vaper... but someone that wants the latest and the best...
WOULD be disappointed with the joyetech eVic and I suggest you wait for what I suggest the evic is trying to be... The Janty MiD, which is available for pre-order now and will be shipping January 15th.

Yeah, that tends to be a problem when companies really want to get in on the ground floor of a trend some mistakes are made but at least they are listening and looks like they are trying get it together :)
I probably wouldn't go above 11-12 watts myself :vapor:

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
Yes Watts I guess. Idk. You can learn a whole lot about this mod by watching FieldofVapor's reviews, Cozzcon's, BasilRays. Just do a quick google search. This device is great but not what everyone is looking for. I don't like how they pushed it out the door.

I don't think I'd want to vape a 15 amp mod. It would require a stack of car batteries to power, and if you got a short on an RBA it could electrocute you. ;-)

But somewhere out there, I am sure there is some hard-core vaper who would try it...

TheSneakerHoarder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
DFW
I don't think I'd want to vape a 15 amp mod. It would require a stack of car batteries to power, and if you got a short on an RBA it could electrocute you. ;-)

But somewhere out there, I am sure there is some hard-core vaper who would try it...

You'd be surprised...many of us like HIGH watts.

jjwhite865

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I just got the e-vic today. It is a fun pv. Hands down the funnest I've ever owned or played with.

This is exactly why I have one on the way.

Performance wise I can see that there are some valid gripes based on not hitting 15 watts, although I would never come close. Anyway, I am a gadget freak and just for this I have to have one.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere

How do you know the MiD is going to deliver on it's power claims?

As for my opinion of what I have read on the Janty

You'll still be able to interact with the MiD without the PC application. With a smart combination of click sequences (SmartClicks***) with the joystick and blinks of the LED, you will be able to change profiles, increase and decrease profiles, select the smoking style, monitor the device (temperature, resistance, etc etc) and other features.

Seems overly complex actually. I am ok with menus but learning click sequences and interpreting LED's blinking is above the effort I am willing to put it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread