The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

eVic head on Ego 18650 body?

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by WolfeReign, Sep 6, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WolfeReign

WolfeReign Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2011
    Wolfe Paradise
    Sure.....you can call me behind the times or thrifty or just plain old cheap......and what i have i have in the way of equipment workks for me, so really not interested in this turning into a "you should try......" or "you should get...." kind of thing....

But has Anyone put the eVic control head on a the ego-t (18650) upgrade tube with 18650 battery? I am eyeballing the diamaters from pictures online and it seems they would be interchangeable.....

2. fourtytwo

fourtytwo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Toronto
  3. WolfeReign

Dec 19, 2011
    Wolfe Paradise
    thanks :D shows i am on the right track.....like i said i ama cheap bugger and have one blue and one SS ego 18650 tube with battery.....i will have to give it a whirl then

4. fourtytwo

Apr 8, 2012
    Toronto
    You are not cheap. You are aggressively seeking popularly priced goods.

5. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    Where am I? which forum?

:)

YES. I put an eVic head on a Joyetech 18650 tube. It is marginally too short (by 1mm) for a perfect fit, and ideally, you need to drill a hole in the base of the tube.

I used mine like this for 3 weeks and then bought a tube set for £13.99. It's much better with the proper tube. BUT, it does fit.

Bye! :)

6. fourtytwo

Apr 8, 2012
    Toronto
    Who was that masked vaper?!?!

7. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    The eGo-T upgrade and the eVic are the same diameter and threading. Actually, if you really look into to, you'll see the eVic was the High cost replacement for the eGo-T U, which went away as soon as the eVic came out. The eTU body has been suggested by many to give eVic users a different color body.
    I currently have an eVic easy head on one of my eGo-T U tubes, and have had the wife's eVic with her eTU purple tube when she wanted purple....

Only use flat topped batteries though.. nippled batteries were never very nice to either the eTU or the eVic...

8. WolfeReign

Dec 19, 2011
    Wolfe Paradise
    when i got my ego 18650 (or as you said eTU) i got a wonderful blue one which is a nice feel in the hand...- think i paid something like $20 for the flat top batter, and the tube with the ego control head....I've seen the easy head for sale with nic fit nation and was wondering about that and guess it is all done throught he softwear on your computer?

9. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    The "easy head" is just the eGo-T Upgrade (eTU) head with a mini-usb connection for charging.. Same selections.. same operations.. No computer stuff in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.