evic mini 2 queries, Power off and Kanthal Ohms

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilmishap

Jan 28, 2016
I have an evic mini which I'm just getting to grips with, In the manual it says you can alter settings by pushing buttons with the power off?, I can't make any changes this way.
I'm trying to flip the screen, the manual (and a post on here) says switch it off and push the bottom buttons simultaneously. Has anybody managed this as I can't!. Its been updated to v3.

Secondly am I right in understanding that you can't change the Ohms(or lock resistance) when using a kanthal coil?
My device is showing 1.8 although the coil says 1.0. Ive tried cooling it to room temp and putting it back in but the display still shows 1.8, What have I done wrong?

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I have an evic mini which I'm just getting to grips with, In the manual it says you can alter settings by pushing buttons with the power off?, I can't make any changes this way.
I'm trying to flip the screen, the manual (and a post on here) says switch it off and push the bottom buttons simultaneously. Has anybody managed this as I can't!. Its been updated to v3.

Secondly am I right in understanding that you can't change the Ohms(or lock resistance) when using a kanthal coil?
My device is showing 1.8 although the coil says 1.0. Ive tried cooling it to room temp and putting it back in but the display still shows 1.8, What have I done wrong?

You flip the screen by pushing and holding the up and down buttons (the ones on the bottom), around 2-3 seconds. A long push and hold (5 seconds?) of the fire and down buttons will show your battery voltage, and a long push and hold of the fire and up buttons gets you into the manual tcr adjustment.

With kanthal the resistance doesn't change significantly due to temperature so there's no need to lock the resistance.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
Kanthal coils do not change (at least not noticeably) their resistance with temperature. If your resistance is a lot higher than it's supposed to be, check/clean the connections.
Oh and, no mod will change your resistance. It is the coils property, and the device will read it, but cannot change it. It can only influence how well/precise it reads it.

Reactions: KenD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread